Need burner jet for 1976 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #1

Name: Gerry
Trailer: 1976 Boler
Alberta
Need burner jet for 1976 Boler

I need a replacement burner jet for the propane side of my Boler. Someone had replaced the jet at some point (and left what I assume is the original jet in a cupboard). I had to clean the current jet to get the fridge to operate properly. It's working fine now but I'd like to have a backup for when this one goes as it's old.

Any ideas as to where I might get one? (The Dometic Spare Parts Guide says it's a size 4 and gives a part number.)

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #2

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
What is the model number on you refrigerator? A size 4 jet sound kind of odd. Jet sizes are given in wire drill size. My RM2193 uses a number 45 (KZ45).

Also, there isn't much that can go wrong with a jet, unless someone tries to put something through the orifice to clean it; a definite no no.

If all you do is clean it with solvent and then blow it out, there is no reason why it won't last as long or longer than the trailer.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:41 PM   #3

Alberta
Thanks for your thoughts, Clif. It's a Dometic 211 (RM211).

Gerry
Old 08-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #4

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Gerry, you might actually be in luck. After reviewing the parts list for the RM211, it appears that your jet is a solid turning, as opposed to the thin aluminum stampings found in later models. This is the type that is used in most residential stoves. Unless it is physically damaged, that thing should never wear out. If after cleaning the fridge works fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

I did do a quick check on line for that part number, but no luck. If you really want to have a spare, keep your eye out for your model in an RV scrap yard and pull one from there.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #5

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minimalist View Post
Gerry, you might actually be in luck. After reviewing the parts list for the RM211, it appears that your jet is a solid turning, as opposed to the thin aluminum stampings found in later models. This is the type that is used in most residential stoves. Unless it is physically damaged, that thing should never wear out. If after cleaning the fridge works fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

I did do a quick check on line for that part number, but no luck. If you really want to have a spare, keep your eye out for your model in an RV scrap yard and pull one from there.
Sorry for the delay in getting back Clif ...thanks for the tips about a replacement. I'll keep my eyes out.

Safe travels.
Gerry

Tags
boler