Loving my Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 06:23 AM   #1

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Loving my Parkliner

When I first got "Folly" I was kind of worried that I would never use her as I was an absolute newbie and just didn't have a clue. Well, I guess I didn't need to worry, I have used that trailer 5 out of the last 7 weekends and feel like an old pro. I know I have LOTS to learn but I can hook up, back her where I want her, get everything turned on and off, dump and get back home. I know that because she is small it is so much less intimidating than if I had a bigger trailer. This last weekend I was at a dog show and without being at the trailer much I think I still showed her to about 15 people. It is so true that people stop you everywhere and ask about her and since I just love showing her off it is also fun for me. I have learned that in 90 degree, humid weather, with 4 dogs the air conditioner does not keep the trailer as cool as I would like it. At some point I need to look into a larger unit, but for now it is OK. I feel so lucky to have my little Parkliner, I don't know about the future of the company but I know my wonderful, well built little trailer will take me on many, many adventures.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:12 AM   #2

Name: Sands
Trailer: Escape
Arizona
Showing 'Folly' more than your dogs? I love the design/layout of the Parkliner; if they were still in business they would be on the short list for purchase! Being out of business and having the future of the design in limbo kind of puts a damper on my Parkliner enthusiasm though. Great that you are enjoying Folly!
Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #3

Michigan
Sands, I am so hoping that somehow this wonderful little trailer comes back to full production. I am so sad for the people who won't have one to love like most of us love ours. I looked for 2 years and not one of the other FG trailers, for me, came close to this gem. Every person who has ever stepped foot into mine says they can't believe how big it is inside. It looks so tiny from the outside but so roomy inside. Anyway, good luck with your search.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #4

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I've seen only one Parkliner and found it very nice. It would be a real shame if the company just dies. As a side note, EggCamper raised their price by $7000 which makes it just above what I paid for my Escape 19. That's taking consideration the exchange rate of US-Canadian funds. Looking at Canadian prices my Escape looks like $3-4000 more. The Escape is far above the EggCamper. The EggCamper is a good buy at the former price but not now.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #5

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Sands, I am so hoping that somehow this wonderful little trailer comes back to full production. I am so sad for the people who won't have one to love like most of us love ours. I looked for 2 years and not one of the other FG trailers, for me, came close to this gem. Every person who has ever stepped foot into mine says they can't believe how big it is inside. It looks so tiny from the outside but so roomy inside. Anyway, good luck with your search.
Pat, I agree completely. I owned a Boler 13 for 20+ years, which I loved, and a Scamp 13 w/ front dinette for a year, which offered some good additional features like not having to make up the bed every day, while still being light and easy to tow. But the Parkliner combines the best of both and then adds storage and light and space and simplicity .... all within an easy to manage footprint! I, too, hope the camper will be reincarnated!

-- Anne
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #6

Name: Freebird
New Jersey
Hi Im Irma from NJ we also have a Parkliner (Fall of 2014) which we love and after two years of researching the small fiberglass travel trailers before buying ours cant believe the company has stopped production, ironically that from the east to west wherever my hubby and I go, people literally walk over and introduce themselves just to get a peek including those with the bigger rvs that some guys have said they bought just to keep the wife happy. when if they could they would have preferred our little guy. Its as Neparker and Pat have said its awsome! Just a suggestion to Pat who said Folly's AC is not the greatest, (I think we got the last one with the ac under seat which we chose, and only needed it in the Badlands) we put a small fan next to ac to blow cool air upward and it made a big difference! We tweaked ours a bit with shelving, drawers under dining table and other personal touches. and as soon as i figure out how to post photos I will, till then happy and safe camping!
irma mccabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #7

Michigan
Irma, so glad to see you join in the discussion. I would love to see what you have done. I usually only use mine 2-3 day in a row I don't need to carry a huge amount of supplies but I know there are so many people that have done lots of cool things with their storage and I would like to start adding storage. I have used the fan, plus I open the bathroom door a bit which also redirects the cold air. It is not horrible, it's just that my dogs are rather spoiled and not used to being warm. I think when I'm not in there they get a bit stressed which doesn't help. Believe me, if that is the worst thing I have to complain about I'm one lucky gal….
Old 08-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #8

New Jersey
ok i give up! After trying relentlessly have no idea how to load photos any help would be much appreciated!
Old 08-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #9

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by irma mccabe View Post
ok i give up! After trying relentlessly have no idea how to load photos any help would be much appreciated!
It is all explained in this post:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post217275
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #10

New Jersey
Smile

Thanks Dave, appreciate your help
Old 08-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #11

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Like Irma we have found a fan (or two) to make a HUGE difference in moving cool air around in our side-A/C Scamp. I say two fans because my daughter sleeps on the front upper bunk and I sleep on the back dinette so we need air going both ways. She needs it more being up higher than the A?C, which I guess would be just about everywhere in a PL.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #12

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Pat, the one and only Parkliner we ever saw was your's when it was just days old. It was beautiful! I'm hoping we see you and your pooches again in Algonac next week. That was our first rally too.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #13

Michigan
Hi TomK, sorry, I just saw your post. Didn't make it to Algonac, I was in Vermont teaching at a dog camp. Hope you had a great time and are still enjoying your adorable little Scamp
Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #14

Name: star
South Carolina
Took mine on the first trip first weekend of September. From SC to WV and back. Loved it!
starsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner, vin