Parkliner: Chapter 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Parkliner: Chapter 2

All,
A few days ago I used the Parkliner web site to send a message to the new owner. I mentioned that more than a few at members at Fiberglass RV were curious and hopeful regarding the future of the brand.
I was presently surprised to find the following in my inbox from Tom Bass:

Sid-
How great it is to hear from you. It's also good to hear that you love your Parkliner as much as we love ours. Here is some company info for you to pass along:
The company has been sold and the new owner is keeping it here in the local area so he can take advantage of Chandler's design talents. I have been asked to rejoin the company to assist in the startup, customer service and sales. Plans are to have the initial run of new campers completed in April. All of this is really exciting as it means that the Parkliner brand will continue to be available for people to buy and enjoy.
Please call me at your convenience on my cell, xxx-xxx-xxxx. I would enjoy having a visit with you.
Best,
Tom

Tonight I did call Tom and had a great chat (also a person you would love to talk to around a campfire). In addition to the above he mentioned that the new facility will most likely be next door to Gibsonville in Elon North Carolina. The factory is about 7000 square feet. They have contacted most of the previous employees and it appears that a number of them will also be joining in! Unofficial word has been leaking out locally and Tom already has about 11 or 12 serious inquires from people looking to order.
We did discuss the new owner but I think it best for the person to introduce themself as they see fit. What I can tell you is they are the sole owner with a history of financing and managing startups.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:16 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
... In addition to the above he mentioned that the new facility will most likely be next door to Gibsonville in Elon North Carolina. ..
Darn, only 90 miles from me! Yet I drove over 1,300 one way to get a Scamp only four months ago. If I had not already done so much customization I would add my name to the list of potential buyers.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 PM   #3

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Hooray, Sounds like there is good things going on. Thanks so much for the update Sid.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Sounds Great! Hope they get ParkLiner running right so it is here to stay!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:49 PM   #5

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
... They have contacted most of the previous employees and it appears that a number of them will also be joining in! ...
I don't know how to say this politely, but I hope the new owner hires back only those previous employees who will commit to quality workmanship. I recall previous ParkLiner threads discussing problems new owners discovered before they even left the factory parking lot with their brand new camper (including brake lights that didn't work due to improper camper wiring) - likely due to hasty construction and lack of quality control checks during construction and a final check on the finished product. (Further evidenced by the owner who recently posted that they only received one of the two batteries they had ordered and paid for. With a proper quality control build check sheet, the factory would have discovered that before disappointing the buyer.) It sounds like the new ParkLiner owner will likely have a better handle on all-important customer satisfaction through better quality control - hopefully beginning with employees committed to quality workmanship. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:34 PM   #6

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

I sure wish them all the best!

Of course... the Originals are still classics IMO : )

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #7

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Thank the RV gods! I had almost completely given up on owning a Parkliner someday.
rdcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #8

Name: BillC
Trailer: Parkliner; 2013 Honda Ridgeline
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcastle View Post
Thank the RV gods! I had almost completely given up on owning a Parkliner someday.
We're thinking of selling ours. It's a 2013 with all the options including the Fiamma awning. I also installed a flat screen tv and outside cable hookup. It's lightly used and garage kept.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #9
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
We're thinking of selling ours. It's a 2013 with all the options including the Fiamma awning. I also installed a flat screen tv and outside cable hookup. It's lightly used and garage kept.
You can send RDCastle a personal message by clicking on his name. If he isn't interested, a post in the For Sale section of this forum will no doubt find a buyer quickly. Good luck, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #10

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
You can send RDCastle a personal message by clicking on his name. If he isn't interested, a post in the For Sale section of this forum will no doubt find a buyer quickly. Good luck, Raz
Hi Raz,
I apparently am not able to send a personal message or to find a link to enable personal messaging so I can send a message to RDCastle. Any suggestions?
Old 01-27-2016, 07:55 PM   #11
Raz

Quote:
Hi Raz,
I apparently am not able to send a personal message or to find a link to enable personal messaging so I can send a message to RDCastle. Any suggestions?
If you click on his name a window will open. Send a private message is the second option. Raz
Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
It appears that you have set up your account to not send or receive personal messages.
You need to go to USER CP at the top left of this page and change your settings.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #13

North Carolina
I did and was told I had to turn on private messages in the Options. I don't seem to be able to get to options.
Thanks for your help.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Go to USER CP.

On the left side panel you will find mail and pm options.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 6.56.57 PM.png  
Old 01-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #15

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
BillC, Just curious how you like your 2013 Honda Ridgeliner as a tow vehicle for your Parkliner. My wife and I are intrigued by the upcoming 2017 Ridgeliner re-design and its suitability for towing our EggCamper. Although it's being touted by Honda as having true pickup styling, it still seems to us more like an SUV featuring an open-air rear cargo area (which is fine with us). Anyway, it's intriguing to us since we really loved our previous Honda Accord. Just curious what you think of yours - and your thoughts on the 2017 re-design, if you've taken time to check into them. Thanks. Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #16

North Carolina
Honda Ridgeline as Parkliner Tow Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
BillC, Just curious how you like your 2013 Honda Ridgeliner as a tow vehicle for your Parkliner. My wife and I are intrigued by the upcoming 2017 Ridgeliner re-design and its suitability for towing our EggCamper. Although it's being touted by Honda as having true pickup styling, it still seems to us more like an SUV featuring an open-air rear cargo area (which is fine with us). Anyway, it's intriguing to us since we really loved our previous Honda Accord. Just curious what you think of yours - and your thoughts on the 2017 re-design, if you've taken time to check into them. Thanks. Dale
We love our 2013 Ridgeline. It easily tows the Parkliner. No problems at all. Its comfortable as a truck, and with the cap we added over the bed, is kind of like an SUV. The trunk is particularly handy unless you need something from it when the bed of the truck is full.
I read one article on the 2017. It looks like a little sleeker version of the same truck. I don't know its towing capacity. My Ridgeline is rated at 5000lbs.
Cheers.
Bill
Old 01-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #17
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Parkliner is up and running

Just saw this on the Parkliner web site,

"ParkLiner is back in production in a new manufacturing facility. The 2014 prices on the camper and all options will be honored for a limited time – so it’s time for you to order your new ParkLiner travel trailer. Call us today at 800 418-2120 so you can say “take me somewhere fun” in my new ParkLiner!"

All the rest of the site is identical to before with the exception being the company address.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #18
Raz

They said they'd be back by January and they are. That's a good sign. Raz
Old 01-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #19

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
That is so exciting, I have high hopes for the new company….
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #20

Name: Pete
Trailer: Want Parkliner
California
Quote:

@BillC is your Parkliner for sale? I sent you a PM. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner