Lil Snoozy peek?? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2016, 04:26 AM   #41

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Charlie, I don't want the last word. But I would ask you one question: If a forest ranger or a LEO had been standing next to you, would you have dug a hole and dumped your cassette into it?
BTW, nothing morphed into dumping sewage in your own back yard. You expressed your opinion; I will express mine. The fact that you trivialized that question would lead me to believe that you are fully aware that dumping raw sewage without proper treatment is wrong......that's my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #42

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Untold billions of animals do their business in the woods, and only a few (cats) bury their stuff. Billions of birds let loose and splat all over the place; ducks love to "go" as they paddle around in the water. Billions of fish do their business in the water.

People in the city buy bags of manure and spread it in their gardens. Folks in the counry just take the wheelbarrow to the barn and get some natural brown fertilizer. Then they eat what they grew in that stuff.

A few campers dig holes and bury their byproducts. No big deal IMO. Soon it will fertilize the plants.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #43
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Untold billions of animals do their business in the woods, and only a few (cats) bury their stuff. Billions of birds let loose and splat all over the place; ducks love to "go" as they paddle around in the water. Billions of fish do their business in the water.

People in the city buy bags of manure and spread it in their gardens. Folks in the counry just take the wheelbarrow to the barn and get some natural brown fertilizer. Then they eat what they grew in that stuff.

A few campers dig holes and bury their byproducts. No big deal IMO. Soon it will fertilize the plants.

Well said.

And when they clean out my septic tank they spread it on the fields. It makes the grass grow taller. The grass is cut and fed to the cows. The cows produce milk. People drink the milk. Full circle.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:01 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
I can't see where I would need to but why not. If it is buried it is taken care of. That is not really much different than our septic tank system which is buried in the yard. Anyway you can think what you will but for me the cassette is better than carrying around a huge tank of human waste hanging under the trailer. Not having to wait in line at dump stations makes it great for us and no nasty hose to deal with. To each his own....

That is not so, solids are collected in a tank and liquid is dispersed through network of proper drainage systems which cleans the liquid. The solids are then pumped out and brought to a sewage facility to be treated and put back. It is not as simple as you think. Grow up and come back to civilization. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:57 PM   #45

Florida
Registry
Well said, Carl. Too many uninformed but well meaning people chiming in. The fact that animals and birds defecate where they will is true, but the vast majority of pathogens (disease causing organisms) are species specific. There is a reason why horse and cow manure are used for fertilizer and human fecal material is NOT. And septic tank effluent is not spread on fields before it has been treated. What you don't know can harm you, and others as well.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:48 PM   #46
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Well said, Carl. Too many uninformed but well meaning people chiming in. The fact that animals and birds defecate where they will is true, but the vast majority of pathogens (disease causing organisms) are species specific. There is a reason why horse and cow manure are used for fertilizer and human fecal material is NOT. And septic tank effluent is not spread on fields before it has been treated. What you don't know can harm you, and others as well.

Last summer Vermont was the place chosen by a group called the "Rainbow Gathering" for their annual gather. Literally thousand of people decended on the Green Mountain National Forest. They called it dispersed camping. The forest service showed them where to set up their kitchens and their pit toilets. Both forest service and state police were on the scene. The prediction was 10-20 thousand happy souls. That's a lot of pit toilets.

Rainbow Gathering coming to Green Mountain National Forest - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:44 PM   #47

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post

And that is why those few campers I mentioned are burying theirs. If you have data to show that burying the stuff will not be effective in stopping the spread of those pathogens, please share your research. We're always open to learning new things.

This discussion reminds me of something I'd read about hiking the Narrows in Zion (which I did this past July). Hundreds of people daily hike up this channel daily in summer, and the hike up and back takes several hours. People's insides move and bladders fill, but very little riverbank exists. It's not the most sanitary activity, especially later in the day. I am thankful that I got an early morning start on my hike!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Well poop!
I'm going to go jump off a bridge.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:57 PM   #49

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
And that is why those few campers I mentioned are burying theirs. If you have data to show that burying the stuff will not be effective in stopping the spread of those pathogens, please share your research. We're always open to learning new things.

Mike, as I see it, this has nothing to do with research, and openness to learning new things may be questionable. As I already stated, disposal of untreated human waste IS ILLEGAL in most states. I concede, digging a hole in an emergency to bury human waste is obviously better than leaving it on the surface, but it still isn't proper disposal because MOST people seem to think that an inch or two of cover is sufficient. Please bear in mind that digging a hole because "I am too lazy or it is inconvenient to transport my Lil Snoozy cassette to an appropriate disposal site" (my take on the post in question) is what started this discussion in the first place.
Having worked many years in the water/wastewater industry, I am fully aware of the implications and nuances of improper waste disposal, but if one really cares, they should research the topic themselves IF, as they claim, they are really interested in "learning new stuff."
Your response is somewhat like Phillip Morris claiming that tobacco use has no connection to respiratory diseases. I learned a long time ago that it is a waste of time to try to explain something to anyone who either doesn't want to hear something, perhaps because they are perceiving criticism of their conceptions or, for a less egotistical reason, does not have the knowledge (hopefully not the ability) to comprehend the implications of inappropriate actions. The simple question is, if you build a house today and there is no sewer system to connect your plumbing to, how many locations can you find where the powers that be will tell you it is okay to construct a privy or run an effluent tube to the back 40. I know of no place in the lower 48 states where one can replace a septic system without a permit and its associated inspections. Maybe it can be done in remote areas of Alaska, but doing so would be foolish. There are local resources within every community who can provide education to the inadequately informed on this topic. Or one can blissfully dump that sewage wherever one wants, drive one's tow vehicle to a vacant lot and drain the oil onto the ground, throw trash all over the highways, chain smoke those tobacco products, believe that Exxon/Mobil is SINCERE in claiming that fracking has no detrimental effect on the environment, claim there is no global climate change in the face of sea level rise, eat lots of fats and avoid exercise, then request that someone prove than none of these actions are detrimental. I, for one, am willing to expend only so much effort before accepting the fact that I am wasting my time. And, at this point, I don't intend to waste any more of my time on this topic, especially debating individuals who have clearly demonstrated that they lack understanding of the basic principles and reasons for proper waste disposal, or those who will willingly disregard laws which may be in effect pertaining thereto, simply because they may find it expedient to do so. Should they want to believe that their beliefs are correct, it is beyond my ability to convince them otherwise.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:15 AM   #50

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Sooo back to the original poser's question, who owns a T@B and wanted to look at a Lil Snoozy, can anyone help her out? She only had one post and hasn't been seen since. I think she has been scared off.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:07 AM   #51

Name: Annie
Trailer: In the market something lighter than 1500 pounds
Colorado
While I love my Scamp 13 (which is the max I can tow with my Honda CR-V) I have been thinking of the Lil Snoozy when I replace the CR-V.

B. E. Neis, can you share more about Lil Snoozy and solar? Their website doesn't address it, other than this comment in the FAQs:
"While we currently don’t install solar power components they can be implemented into the Lil’ Snoozy by tying into the 12 volt system."

I'm no electrician - but isn't this true of the Scamp as well?

Annie
annie.coyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #52

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie.coyne View Post

I'm no electrician - but isn't this true of the Scamp as well?

Annie
It's true of any trailer with a battery that you can attach the alligator clips from a solar panel to the terminals.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:40 PM   #53

Name: carol
Trailer: Scamp fifthwheel19 ft.
Pennsylvania
better, safer door lock for my Scamp

Locking my Scamp camper?
gypsy elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #54

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
We have gone to the factory of both lil snoozy and scamp. My first choice would be the lil snoozy. We thought the quality and the layout was much better. We did not buy either one as we could not pull them with a small jeep wrangler. If we ever decide to get a bigger tow vehicle, we may still consider it. We ended up purchasing an older motor home , and towing the jeep behind it. It is working out very well right now.
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #55

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ohio
Lil Snoozy heater

What do you use for a heater in the Lil Snoozy? Does it come with a heater?
PMWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #56

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
The Lil Snoozy comes with an electric ceramic cube heater. I added a propex propane furnace to ours, and am using it right now in Quartzsite Az.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:39 AM   #57

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
We got to see a Snoozy up close and personal and were very impressed with the open feeling inside and the quality of workmanship with the cabinets. Our only concern has been the all electric feature and having the the apartment style refrigerator as standard equipment. We also have gotten great info from folks on this site about their feelings on the unit. Other concerns are, we keep hearing about the condensation issue due to no type of interior lining inside trailer. Our communication with the factory has also been a little one sided waiting for answers. To the original poster, the unit appears to be very well thought out and attention to detail seems pretty impressive . The fun of this process of buying into fiberglass, to us is the research, and what you can do to the unit to make if fit your needs!
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #58

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ohio

Thanks fit the info. My wife likes the lil snoozy rv's. We may be getting into camping back again.
PMWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #59
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
We're still waiting for ours to be built as we had placed our order in November. We found out this week that we're now #12 in line. So we went from 23 - 12! Still very excited!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #60

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Go for the 12V optional truckfridge! You won't regret it!

Tags
lil snoozy