Free National Parks Pass for 10 year olds - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Free National Parks Pass for 10 year olds

https://www.nps.gov/kids/features/2015/everykid.cfm
I just had a coworker tell me about this program and thought I would pass it on.
The US National Parks Service this summer is granting every 4th grader (or homeschooled 10 year old) that asks a free season pass for them to use with their family. My coworker called and found that grandparents taking their grandchild camping also benefit. I'm pretty sure in his case the parents weren't along.
It is called the "Every kid in a park" promotion.
If this can apply to your family enjoy!
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
I must be missing something...
Entrance fees at national parks usually include the driver and all the occupants. Here's what I got from Zion:
Entrance Fees:

Private Vehicle: Valid for 7 days. - $30.00
Admits private, non-commercial vehicle (15 passenger capacity or less) and all occupants to Zion National Park, including both the Zion Canyon and Kolob Canyon areas.

And this from the usgs.gov site if you have a senior pass:

Who is admitted with a Senior Pass? The Senior Pass admits pass owner/s and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas and pass owner + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, where per-person fees are charged. (Children under 16 are always admitted free.)
Note: Photo identification will be requested to verify pass ownership.

OK, so I just looked up Every Kid in a Park, and here's the cool thing:

• If you visit a site that charges entrance fees per person— The pass admits all children under 16 and up to three adults for free.
  • If your group visits a site that charges vehicle entrance fees - The pass admits all children under 16 and all adults in up to one passenger vehicle. Commercial vehicles can't use a pass to get in.
So, your 10 yr old can get YOU and your WHOLE family in for free. That's Great!

Get out There
Gordon
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner