What paint to use 1974 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #1

Name: Craig
Trailer: Boler
California
What paint to use 1974 Boler

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0933.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	107349
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0934.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	373.4 KB
ID:	107350
Looking to paint the counter top - suggestions on paint type?
Also the foam interior - thoughts to paint that?
Beattie clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:40 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
For the walls, search on "paint Ensolite." Lots of old threads with specific product recommendations. Best search results are using the "Site Search/Google" option at the bottom of the search menu. Have you tried a really good cleaning? Ensolite is pretty tough stuff, and some find that's enough.

For the counter, could you post a picture that shows a bit more- I can't quite make out what you've got now, but it doesn't look like the original factory galley.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #3

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Painting ensolite

Recently we re-painted our 1978 Boler 17'. We first did a coat of
white primer and then a coat of satin latex. We used a small brush to cut in around edges and some smaller (5 in. wide) foam rollers to do larger areas.
Likely have to do two coats but turns out fine. Flat paint will not have any sheen to it - kind of your preference. Enjoy because when finished it looks great!!
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

Name: Colleen
Trailer: Boler 1975
Alberta
Mr Clean Sponge rather than paint?

Did you try out a Mr Clean Eraser sponge on the ensolite? I had considered painting the interior in my boler and once I cleaned it down wit the Mr. Clean eraser I found that there was no need to paint it at all, looked perfect. Now if you're looking to change the colour this won't help much!
cbee7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #5

Name: patti
Trailer: 71 Lovebug
ca
Painting interior

This last weekend I just finished prepping and painting the interior of my 1971 Lovebug, it also has the "elephant skin" ensolite material, I recalked all of the seams with Dura230 and then used Behr latex paint/primer satin (washable surface) on all of the surfaces. I looks great, and the seams disappear. I should have done this years ago, it is worth the month of weekends. The countertop I prepped ad then sprayed with a rustoleum spray paint because it is somewhat impact resistant, use a spray primer to maximize the adhesion to the fiberglass.
patti rague is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, paint