Door Hinges 1974 ECO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2015, 11:35 AM   #1

Name: Jabo
Trailer: Eco
New York
Door Hinges 1974 ECO

Hello from the Catskills. I am the new caretaker of a 1974 ECO Featherlite that I am going to restore. Last owner wanted to make a tree stand out of it!. Looking at the door hinges, a fiber bushing must be missing? Door seams to sit low. There is a bronze ball bushing the bolt goes through. Are the hinges just worn out? Any suggestions on a home repair.
jabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I believe ( others will chime in)
The hinges from scamp come with the springs & brass ball.... Replacement is probable the easiest fix

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
The hinges are rebuildable. I offer a kit which uses the best stainless steel components available (316 marine grade). Your timing is perfect, I just recieved delivery of a new shipment of custom machined brass pivot balls today (made in the USA). Fresh inventory is available. My quality & price (including shipping costs) cannot be beat.
Here is a link to the item. Stainless Steel Boler / Scamp Door Hinge Repair Kit

Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #4

Name: Jabo
Trailer: Eco
New York
sweet

Thanks a bunch, I will be back from Hershey on Saturday and try to order some then. jabo
jabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #5

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16' 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door
Lancaster County Pa
Registry
I bought these hinges from Ian and I love them !! I was out looking to replace the original hinge pins but I couldn't find the spring in stainless or the brass ball. These are easy to install and I'm looking forward to many years of clean hinges and no rust running down my door, thanks Ian. Also looking forward to the gravel shield hardware replacement kit.
jgraps1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:45 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraps1958 View Post
I bought these hinges from Ian and I love them !! I was out looking to replace the original hinge pins but I couldn't find the spring in stainless or the brass ball. These are easy to install and I'm looking forward to many years of clean hinges and no rust running down my door, thanks Ian. Also looking forward to the gravel shield hardware replacement kit.
Thank you Jeff

You identify the very reason I began offering these kits, I wanted quality that included stainless steel for all the parts including the spring (except of course the brass ball). I had to have the 316 stainless steel springs custom made for this application, I also had the brass balls custom machined. Feed back has been totally positive.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco