BC July 7-10, 2011: Mission BC - Scrambled Egg Meet is Now Open - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
July 7-10, 2011: Mission BC - Scrambled Egg Meet is Now Open

Those wishing to attend the Scambled Egg Meet to be held July 7-10th 2011 at the Sons of Norway in Mission can now register for the meet here:

https://sites.google.com/site/bcglasseggs/

All the information about the meet is located at the above location.

Electrical sites are very limited so if you must have one please register now.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Thank You Carol for posting this. We hope to see a lot of new faces at this meet and since it will be held in July lets hope its hot enough to enjoy the pool! If you have questions about the meet feel free to contact me directly.

Thank You Brandy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 71 Boler
Is this instead of the may ft Langley meet? Or is it another meet?
Brian Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #4

Brian Ft Langley is still its own meet. Doug and Bunny have the Ft Langley meet and it is the traditional style meet where Fiberglass Eggs are the focus. The Scrambled Egg meet was born from Craig's group as well, for those of us who enjoyed Sons of Norway and want to continue the tradition there. Ours is more of a come camp in whatever means you have hence the name Scrambled Egg. Basically its just an opportunity to squeeze in another group camp out for all to enjoy. Ours will only be once a year at Sons of Norway, and I believe Ft. Langley will be 2x per year.

Both locations, Ft. Langley and Sons of Norway are great spots to camp. We hope you can attend ours AND theirs. Any excuse to camp and camp often is a good excuse. Look forward to seeing everyone!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #5

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1973 Bugeyed Boler
British Columbia
Registry
I have registered ourselves along with an additional 5 other couples for this gathering. We registered on 06 Feb with the sons of norway site, listed above. I can see that our names now show up on the campsite map on the website, however we have not received contact from anyone. I am getting inquiries from the group to see if all is ok, so can anyone clarify when we can expect an email or what we do to secure payment etc...not quite sure how this works and new to bolering and this forum.
thanks
Helen
rhkirkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #6

rhkirkham. sent you a message in regards to this. Payment for electrical sites only will be collected once all electrical sites are filled up I will send out an email to alert people to where payments can be sent. Non electrical sites will pay upon arrival. Thank You and looking forward to seeing you. Thanks for the early sign up it gives us clues as to who's coming!

Brandy
Old 02-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #7

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1973 Bugeyed Boler
British Columbia
Registry
thanks very much for your quick response. I'll let the group know it's all good!! Looking forward to the gathering.
Helen
rhkirkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #8

Registry
Whoo - 29 units signed up so far! https://sites.google.com/site/bcglas...rway-2011-meet

Dont forget a tub or airmat - if the sun is out so we can all have a little fun in the river!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #9

Electrical sites all booked up but we still have tons of room for boon docking. Please register even if your dry camping as we would love to get an accurate headcount and can keep an eye out for you
Old 05-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #10

Registry
GREAT! 39 trailers booking for the meet so far!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #11

Name: Tracy
Trailer: 1977 Trillium
British Columbia
Looking forward to meeting everyone and their trailers
Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Well we're getting excited to get going !!
Leaving Tues morn, travelling through the kootenays
and over the Monashee Pass to Vernon To Headly
hoping to take in the famous mine there and be in Mission
Thursday night.
White Boler, old silver toyota pickup.
Fred&Marilyn
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #13

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
....Just a 'Heads Up' ya'll

The trailer Goddess an I were just restocking the larder in nearby Sedro Woolley WA and we spotted a Glass Egg. We parked beside them, went inside to shop and on our return to the hot-rod (trailer left at the local KOA) we manageed to chat with the Egg's owners. They are in route to S.O.N campground and have 'power' site reserved. When he found we were northern locals he asked us to fill in details. All we told him, which he already knew is that the power sites were rather 'comfie'. We did confirm his suspicions about that and chatted more about getting there (through Sumas).

Currently here in the KOA near Burlington, its 55 degrees, NOT too warm for this time of the year, ....right, fellow Eggers???

Hope ya'll have a great event and remember too the fall Glass Egg Meet (GEM), (now under Carol H's capable hands) at the Fort campground again in Ft. Langley, B.C.

P.S. I forgot to include, ....these folks we met today are steering their white Tundra pickup while being pushed north by their (equally white) Casita trailer all the way up from New Mexico!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #14

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The weekend turned out great. Special 'Thank You' to Brandy and Carol! Super job ladies.
Mike Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #15

Thank You to all who attended. We had 17 trailers show up on Thursday alone, and by the end 39 trailers made their way to the meet. I met some INCREDIBLE people and having hosted the event it brought me out of my comfort zone to really get to know some wonderful individuals. Weather was sketchy on Thursday, and Friday morning had scattered bits of rain. By late Friday we saw some sun bursts and Saturday and Sunday were even better. I took special care this year to mark off the trailer areas with cones so that each site had a better idea where their spot was. If the spots were to close I never received word that anyone was unhappy in fact people gushed over how fun the event was.

Highlights were tacky tourist night were we had so many people dress up that awarding prizes was almost difficult. Carol Hale made a fiberglass rv piñata that after several attempts were taken to hit it with a bat it barley gave way, someone commented that it "must be a trillium" since it was built so solidly. Saturday's potluck was hosted by Lisa Shewchuk she fussed and worried so that the rest of us didn't have to; it was a success with many wonderful dishes. The evening finished off with Terrie Binns and her karaoke machine that by the end had us all laughing and amazed at the good the bad and the otherwise singers. (I was the bad singer, it’s okay I know it but it didn't stop me)

We were lucky to have Craig Breckenridge, the original founder of the group attend. He is BRILLIANT and is busy so much so that he hasn’t taken a day off in over a year from doing what he is obviously passionate about. He loved how the event went and was pleased to see that we were able to follow thru with what his original vision was. I look forward to next years meet, in the meantime don’t forget to sign up early for the Fort Langley Meet hosted by Carol Hale this coming September 16-18 http://tinyurl.com/http-GlassEggMeet-com

If you don’t sign up you don’t get in.

Thank You Brandy
Old 08-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #16

Registry
I finally got the photos posted for what was a really fun meet! Cant wait to do it all again next year!!! Thanks Flygal it was a blast.

Photos can be found here:
Scrambled Egg Meet - July 2011 | Facebook

Doug we all waved as we passed you just after we went through the Sumas border heading south after the meet on Sunday!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #17

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
OOPsie , sorry we/I missed you guys Carol!!

I guess we were too concentrated on our awards and prizes(where/how to declare them all) we'd rec'd during our last sojour this last week into the U.S. to notice anything too much else. B.C.n U soon (with some more 'newbees!!)
Attached Thumbnails
B.C. Classic & Custom Car Show 2011 222.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper