Parkliner Awning-on a lighter note - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #41

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
My order arrived today, too. Thanks all for the posts on your variations of setup as it's giving us some ideas on the different ways it can be setup, and looking at ordering some similar suction cups tonight.
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #42

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Depends on length of canoe; length of vehicle. Never had the problem Baglo describes whatever the lead to the bumper, possibly due to straps side to side which could be cinched up real good.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #43

Delaware
Mimi, CMIIW but I don't think the ParkLiner owners need anything besides the bump of the reverse trolley pontoon. Check Tim's post.

jack
Old 05-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Everything depends, but in most cases, the front bumper is forward of the bow of the canoe and the stern is a few feet aft of the rear bumper. So, you have two ropes stopping the canoe from going backward and nothing ( other than the straps ) keeping it from going forward.
That said, I admit to having carried my solo whitewater canoe with no bow or stern lines, just tied down with the trucker's hitch.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #45

Delaware
Back in the seventies I hauled a 13' stripper on top of a Vdub. Bug 13' and change, canoe same same. The most special of cases are the ones that don't produce complications.

jack
Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #46

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Mimi, CMIIW but I don't think the ParkLiner owners need anything besides the bump of the reverse trolley pontoon. Check Tim's post.

jack
Thanks, I see now the nuance of the tops of our trailers and hence the use for the suction cups on the burro to address. I read too much into the post --thought that the suction cups were being used to reduce any possible friction against the shell on top. Thanks for pointing me otherwise!
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #47

Name: William E.
Trailer: "Investigating for Retirement"
Texas
the original idea is slicker than snail snot (a good thing), and many other ideas that are right up there, thanks for all the info, I am creating a shortcut on my desktop for my file folder for retirement rving.
wow - appreciate you folks input
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #48

Name: C. Elaine
Trailer: Casita 2001 spirit
California
I just went to K-Mart here in Santa Marie CA and they had a 10' x 10' dining fly like the Gander Mt. but in blue now $49 was $29 last week. I convinced them to give me last weeks price since my local store had been closed - they granted me a "rain check" price. It's in the truck. Guess I can do a little work on the trailer while out of town
Elaine
partslady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #49

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I noticed the canopy size is 11'6" but wonder if anyone that has one can tell me what the distance is between the poles?

On the 10 x 10 EZ-Up type canopy we use now the poles just clear the ends of our Scamp 13 so we can get it over the camper from front to back.

Wonder if the the poles on this dining canopy are at least 10 foot apart. This solution would be a whole lot lighter and take up less space. Even with a couple of pool noodles to slip over the poles to protect the fiberglass.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #50

Delaware
Roger, I measured at least one side. I got 11'-8". I did not measure between poles. The two dumbbell suction lifters to which I fastened the hooks which normally secure to a D-ring at each corner pole were approximately 9' apart (including the length of the lifter). The pole grommet and holddown hook on bungee were well outside that length; I think you will come close to 10" pole grommet to pole grommet +/-. I'd get the canopy out now as there's still enuf light to see outdoors but starting to get some showers off Hurricane Adrian. I guess I can bring it in the house and repack later outside. Back in 10.

jack
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #51

Delaware
Back again. I get 10'-1-1/2" grommet to grommet pulled taut. Sounds like it will work for you. O happy day, callooh callay!

jack
Old 06-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #52

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp 13(sold!) & TDI tugboat
Ohio
The two poles just fit at the ends of my scamp13. I was hoping to not use the poles, but on the 13 that is not practical, the whole fly leans toward the scamp, and droops over the ends a little too much.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #53

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Back again. I get 10'-1-1/2" grommet to grommet pulled taut. Sounds like it will work for you. O happy day, callooh callay!

jack
Thanks a bunch for the extra effort!

And you too Jim for letting me know your results. Even if you are a Buckeye, you seem like a thoughtful chap.

I'm thinking that fit is tight enough I will need a couple of pool noodles or black foam pipe wraps with the slit to put around the poles next to the camper.

Pop Up awning was stiff enough that with two lines on each pole the poles really wouldn't move. Doubt this dining fly with fiberglass poles is that rigid.

Man it will be nice to not have entire couch taken up with 80# canopy, of course now will have to re-arrange load to get tongue weight back up with the "beast" off the front couch. I can live with that, oh yes I can.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #54

Delaware
Another Buckeye here. Well for the first 25 yrs. of the current 65. Say, that's a thought; I'm only 40 in Delaware. Thanks Rog.

jack
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #55

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Hey Jack, Nice job with the awning it looks great. I sure hope these work out as the price is very good for what it is. And I did forget to mention about the stakes, but I have others that I planned on using.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #56

Delaware
Thanks, Tim. Say are you going to the Copake rally on the Hudson in October or is that too close to home? I saw your new ParkLiner at Williamsport PA last summer just after the delivery.

jack
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #57

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Jack, I just saw that Jim posted about that rally, I will have to give it some thought as Sept.-Oct is pretty busy around here. We usually go up to the Adirondack's in Sept-Oct, and the Grandson is getting into bow hunting too. But will keep it in mind.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #58

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Cari and i put up the G.Mt. awning yesterday on our Parkliner. It worked out as in the OP utilizing two of the poles and two dumbbell suction cups one front, one rear in the flat section of the anti-trolley. We will experiment once we are in camp in a couple weeks. My primary concern is the wind and keeping an eye on things if it begins to pick up.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #59

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
gander mtn $52.45

The Gander mtn Awning is still only $52.bucks or so free shipping over $50 bucks Check out this thread for Gander mtn website
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner