ParkLiner in the Big Easy! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcastle View Post
We are talking Louisiana here...speed limits?
See post #6 it appears like many states Louisiana does indeed put the brakes on trailer towing speeds
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #22

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Happy to hear you had a fun & safe Parkliner adventure.

On towing our PL 35 behind our full size Van ...I keep it at about 55/60, and my wife keeps it above that. I had one instance when i accelerated from 55 up to about 65-70 to pass a class A going up hill on the Oregon coast range and there was a bit of wiggle back there but just accelerated through it and things straightened out.

On park fees, sounds like we are a bit spoiled on the coast with our sub $40 per night rates and much, much less for long term like us for our big rig on 50 amp service and the PL next to it on 30 amp.

Cheers,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #23

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
ParkLiner in the Big Easy!

We regularly used our pop-up as a hotel room, mainly to go to the beach and avoid sky high motel room costs. Why limit yourself to beautiful campgrounds? Tried Motel 6 but found certain items in the room we didn't really want to see. We now have a 17SD. Really would like to go to to that New Orleans campground near the French Quarter. You have to compare the cost to motels in the area. As far as New Orleans in general, any big city has its problems. I wonder how far in advance you have to reserve for Mardi Gras? There's another New Orleans RV park named "Pontchartrain Landing RV Park",

http://www.neworleansrvcampground.com/

It would be good for Jazz Fest. I hear The Who is coming this year - to Jazz Fest not the campground - although that would be awesome. We live about 70 miles from the Big Easy. It's not for everyone.
Tom Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #24

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
Yes $89 isn't that bad. Last time we stayed at the ritz-Carlton. It' was considerably more! That other campground is not as convenient to the French quarter. I think it's fun to stay in the camper rather than a hotel room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:27 PM   #25

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
check out Bayou Segnette State Park on west side, only 20 min from downtown.
ozierjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #26

Name: Mark
Trailer: EggCamper 2012 #109, by 2006 Tundra or 2014 Outback
Western Massachusetts
Bayou Segnette State Park--near New Orleans

Any info on Bayou Segnette State Park would be appreciated. It looks to be reasonably priced and near the New Orleans bus line. How's security at this park? Has anyone used the bus system to get from the park to downtown? We are considering a visit to New Orleans, but we've heard some security issues linger in that area. Comments please.
thank-You
Mark & Linda
coastsignal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner