Northern Lite, New to me name - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Thumbs up

Just noticed a new (to me) brand of Fiberglass: Northern Lite which make a 16' trailer and several slide in campers from 8'5" to 10'2" . Platinum Gray gelcoat now available in all models, they say. Seems like the Trailer is a new line for them. No shower it seems in the trailer, some of the slide in campers do have showers. They seem to come with a 6 year Structural Warranty on all 2009 Models.
http://www.northern-lite.com/index.html
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:52 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Northern Lite has been in production for a while. We have a member here that has one of the older style, it has the bump out in the front. Theirs is a 2000 model. Check out the Album here for those pictures: Northern Lite Album. I don't think we've got pictures of the new model in the albums, and I'm not sure we even have any members that own one (yet). You'll also see the name Northern Lite on the trailer brand list on the home page and they're listed in the Helpful-Links under All Current Trailer Brands We've discussed the new production, I just have time to look for the topics right now.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
the new 16 looks nice....! nice floor plan etc... I dont like the tow behind trailers.... I really feel more comphy with the 5th wheel....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Northern-Lite is made in Kelowna B.C. in the Okanagan valley. there is a long history of fiberglass manufacture in the area including R.V.'s Winfield which is only a few minutes to the north is where Bolers where made at one time in their long history. Armstrong about an hour north is the home of the recently closed Bigfoot. There are several fiberglass boat manufacturers in the valley and manufacturers of fiberglass and acrylic bath fixtures.

If any one has questions about Northern-Lite I have some personal connections. they would love to have a chance to talk to you. They have focused on producing a high quality product and I believe they would be flexibile about personal preferences.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Quote:
Northern Lite has been in production for a while. We have a member here that has one of the older style, it has the bump out in the front. Theirs is a 2000 model. Check out the Album here for those pictures: Northern Lite Album. I don't think we've got pictures of the new model in the albums, and I'm not sure we even have any members that own one (yet). You'll also see the name Northern Lite on the trailer brand list on the home page and they're listed in the Helpful-Links under All Current Trailer Brands We've discussed the new production, I just have time to look for the topics right now.
That would be us. That's right Donna, ours is a 2000 model. That was the last year for the ones with the pop out front. Northern Lite then went on hiatus as far as trailer production goes until just last year. In place of the pop out is now a large storage closet and the new ones dont have a shower. Haven't seen anyone with a new one yet either although I thought I saw a link in the for sale section for one a while back.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 1994 Bigfoot 5th Wheel / 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD
We used to have a Northern Lite 6'8" camper before moving up to our bigfoot 5er. The camper was really well made and we would have kept it but the family got bigger and needed more room.
Greg
Greg St is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
northern lite