19 vs. 21 Escape...? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #61

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Well, since this is in the full timing section, I would get the fifth wheel for sure. When towing, overall length is quite a bit shorter than either the 19 or 21, yet it by far has the most interior space. I also like the natural separation you get between the sleeping area and the rest of the trailer.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #62

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
My 5.0TA with the cargo box (18" behind bumper) hitched to my F-150 with a 6.5' bed, is 38' 9", tip to tail.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #63

Name: Ramona
Trailer: Looking!
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Well, since this is in the full timing section, I would get the fifth wheel for sure. When towing, overall length is quite a bit shorter than either the 19 or 21, yet it by far has the most interior space. I also like the natural separation you get between the sleeping area and the rest of the trailer.
Sadly, the 5th wheel won’t work since I don’t have a truck. I will be towing with a van. I can totally see the appeal and functionality, though.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:44 AM   #64

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Just wondering if Escape will put double beds in the 21' where the single bed is now, the wife and I don't want to crawl over each other in the middle of the night.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:55 AM   #65

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Just wondering if Escape will put double beds in the 21' where the single bed is now, the wife and I don't want to crawl over each other in the middle of the night.

trainman
This is confusing as you don’t crawl over on a 21. If you meant the 19, the bed is 58 inches front to back, so you would have to be under 4-10 to make that work. If you put two twins side by side in the 19, the person in the back twin would crawl over. Or just make a bed on the dinette every night and have two beds PITA.

Short of deleting the bath on the 21, you are not going to fit two beds in with a center aisle. Major change for Escape I can’t imagine they would do it. And you’d lose the bath.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:42 AM   #66

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This is the layout for the 21' Escape. IF you tried to make two beds in the space of the double, each bed would be 27 inches wide with NO space between. Dang skinny bed! A twin is 38 inches wide.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:06 AM   #67

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
If you meant the 19, the bed is 58 inches front to back,
It's actually 60 inches - a full queen width.
Quote:
Short of deleting the bath on the 21, you are not going to fit two beds in with a center aisle.
Even deleting the bath (you're right, they won't) doesn't work because the passenger side bed would be in the way of the entry door.

Something that gets discussed quite a bit on the Escape Forum is the idea of a 21, but with a 19 layout. Dinette in front, bed in back, with a side bath instead of it being in the front corner.

This would be a little like an Oliver or Casita layout, the difference being that instead of a side dinette and front bath, you'd have a side bath and front dinette. If that layout ever existed, it would probably be easy to make the rear bed two beds with a skinny aisle between them, as Oliver does. We personally don't care for the skinny beds with an aisle, and much prefer one big bed, but there are probably alot of folks who would like it.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #68

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
my wife sleeps on the curb side, I sleep on the street side, with our heads towards the front of the trailer, I can easily flip the covers over myself and skinny down off the foot end of the bed for those 2am bathroom runs.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:44 AM   #69

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
We have the 17B with the rear dinette set as a bed. My wife sleeps at the very back and I'm next to the aisle since I get up more often in the night, and besides, when she crawls out, she's on top.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #70

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Boler 50th Convoy Song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
Thanks, John. I should have paid more attention when this was on the car radio -
a few decades ago.

Fighting off nostalgia...
Hey Donna Dee: Maybe we could adapt this song for our convoy heading East to Winnipeg in August?
Old 05-07-2018, 05:13 PM   #71

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
We have the 17B with the rear dinette set as a bed. My wife sleeps at the very back and I'm next to the aisle since I get up more often in the night, and besides, when she crawls out, she's on top.
How exciting for you! The highlight of the camping trip...
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #72

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
We had our 19' Escape for 3 years. Chris and I prefer the front dinette rear bed configuration. We really liked it. Took it to Chillewack and had a bunch of upgrades done to it. We were sure we were keeping it forever. Oh well, the best made plans can change.

Some suggestioned you could get Escape to flip it. There is a ton of storage under the rear queen bed in the Escape 19 that might be attractive to a fulltimer. Wouldn't that be lost flipping the floor plan?
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #73

Texas
Our Casita Independence has twin beds, both are 30x80". Looks like the next trailer will be an Oliver to get the same size beds as the Casita has. I would think that Escape could have different floorplans for there 23' model with twin beds as many other manufactures have and move the bath to another location. I do know from what Casita says that the Independence and Liberty are becoming there top selling models, just because of the twin beds. I'm not going to give up my sleeping comfort for a crawl over bed.

trainman
Old 05-14-2018, 09:30 PM   #74

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
moving the toilet is non-trivial as it goes directly over the black tank, so if you move it, you have to rearrange the tanks under the vehicle and the drain pipes too.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #75

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Escape could have different floorplans for there 23' model with twin beds as many other manufactures have and move the bath to another location.
An Escape 23? Do you know something we don't?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:54 PM   #76

Registry
Quote:
Our Casita Independence has twin beds, both are 30x80". Looks like the next trailer will be an Oliver to get the same size beds as the Casita has. I would think that Escape could have different floorplans for there 23' model with twin beds as many other manufactures have and move the bath to another location. I do know from what Casita says that the Independence and Liberty are becoming there top selling models, just because of the twin beds. I'm not going to give up my sleeping comfort for a crawl over bed.

trainman

I took the crawl over bed as an improvement in sleeping comfort over the super narrow 23 inch twin we had in our Liberty.

Thats the beauty of choices. It allows each one of us to decide.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #77

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Thats the beauty of choices. It allows each one of us to decide.
Amen to that. The Independence is a nice new layout, but imho in a 17 foot trailer with permanent twin beds oriented lengthwise, it means a ridiculously small cooking/food prep area.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:50 AM   #78

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
I know something on this. There is nothing to know.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:10 AM   #79

Texas
Quote:
Amen to that. The Independence is a nice new layout, but imho in a 17 foot trailer with permanent twin beds oriented lengthwise, it means a ridiculously small cooking/food prep area.
Since we do most of our cooking outside, the small cooking area does not pose a problem for us. Once again, get the floorplan that works for you.

trainman
Old 05-15-2018, 06:24 AM   #80

Texas
Quote:
No, it was just a thought that maybe they did do other floor plans (custom orders). The Oliver offers 3-4 different bed arrangements in there 23' which make their trailers more to our liking, but them again, $25,000-$30,000 more, over an Escape. It's pretty much if you want a fiberglass RV trailer then your options aren't too many to choose from at this time. I don't think I would ever buy a stick-built trailer, the fiberglass is just too classy a trailer.

trainman

Tags
escape