Sad day in the history of Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #1

Name: Tom Young
Trailer: Trillium Manufacturing
Arizona
Sad day in the history of Trillium

To all the fiberglass trailer lovers.....

It is with heavy heart that I announce the passing of Reinhard Damm at 90 years young.
He was the President, driving force, and creator of the Trillium Trailer. He began the journey and timeless design 50 years ago about this time in '69.
Lothar Bohlmann, the technical genius, passed away in Jan. 2018.
Kurt Schmid, the financial guru, passed away in Aug. 1999.
These 3 were partners & best friends for over 60 years. During that crazy time, we knew we made the best fiberglass trailers, but it never dawned on us that most would still be on the road so many years later. (And in good shape.) They certainly made a mark in the small trailer world.

So, before I follow in their footsteps, I thought I should create a webpage answering the most asked, and important questions about the Trillium.

Many thanks to all the people that supported & purchased the trailer for so many years.

Please send questions/ideas to Projects@TrilliumRV.com

Thank You.
Tom Young
TomA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #2

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Sorry for the loss, may he Rest In Peace !!! They sure left a mark on the world !!!!

Blessings to you !
Rnupnorthbrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thanks for posting Tom and it's sad you've lost former co-workers too. It's one of the hard parts of aging.

I've shared the info with the Trillium Facebook group, as a screen shot. This is now part of the Trillium 'history.'

May you find solace in your memories.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #4

Name: George
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
Hi Tom,

thanks for filling in that part of the Trillium history. Just in case you are interested, I was living downtown Toronto in the 1970's and found a partially finished T1300 in a neighbour's yard. I have always been interested in fiberglass projects and bought the T1300 from the owner. I bought most of the items to finish it from Trillium in Markham, but had to use boat paint to finish the outside and my door was missing the T logo. My family took several trips to the Florida Keys and the east coast in Maine and I have fond memories of it. I now am back with a T4500. They have weathered well.
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #5

Name: Murray
Trailer: Original Employee of Trillium Ind.
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomA View Post
To all the fiberglass trailer lovers.....

It is with heavy heart that I announce the passing of Reinhard Damm at 90 years young.
He was the President, driving force, and creator of the Trillium Trailer. He began the journey and timeless design 50 years ago about this time in '69.
Lothar Bohlmann, the technical genius, passed away in Jan. 2018.
Kurt Schmid, the financial guru, passed away in Aug. 1999.
These 3 were partners & best friends for over 60 years. During that crazy time, we knew we made the best fiberglass trailers, but it never dawned on us that most would still be on the road so many years later. (And in good shape.) They certainly made a mark in the small trailer world.

So, before I follow in their footsteps, I thought I should create a webpage answering the most asked, and important questions about the Trillium.

Many thanks to all the people that supported & purchased the trailer for so many years.

Please send questions/ideas to Projects@TrilliumRV.com

Thank You.
Tom Young
Hi Tom

You and I, together with Reinhard, Lothar and Kurt worked together from the start of Trillium Industries. Truly sad that only you and I are left at this point. We had a great team that worked incessantly, to produce a quality product. Who could know that there would still exist model 1300's from 1969 (50 years ago). I remember is as though it were yesterday. I didn't know we were making history, but am proud to be a part of it. All the best. Murray Hanna
Murray H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #6

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Tom and Murray----my sincere sympathy to you both on the loss of your former co-worker. May your memories make you smile and ease the pain of your loss.

I grew up in Toronto and remember very clearly seeing the Trillium trailers around town when the shop was located in Markham....as did my husband.

It was because of this memory that we ended up hunting down our own Trillium, years later, when we purchased our Outback by Team Trillium in Calgary.

After attending last summer's 50th anniversary celebrations in Winnipeg and seeing not just Bolers but many, many Trilliums, too, I wish to thank you two original employees for not only your hard work, but for producing the best little trailers (IMHO) ever made!

Thanks!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #7

Trailer: 76 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
proud to be part of the legend. Love, Kermit
susan b. davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:05 AM   #8

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
We all end our journey at some point ! Others who he worked with can take pride in knowing the "Trillium" is still sought after all these years. May he "Camp in Peace " forever ! His creation will live on and be appreciated by all owners lucky enough to have one.
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #9

Name: Tom Young
Trailer: Trillium Manufacturing
Arizona
Donna: Thanks for telling me about the Trillium Owners Group. Quite a group, with such a large following. All that worked at the Trillium factory can be proud of their work. To all - thanks for the kind words, and keeping these wonderful little trailers rolling & rolling, Take your kids/grandkids camping & take lots of pictures. Happy Camping. Tom
TomA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium