New at Scamping ! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #1

Name: Neck
Trailer: Scamp
New York
New at Scamping !

I'm new to this forum. I'm considering buying a new Scamp 13, but have not ruled out a used one. I spoke to Scamp and they told me a front bath model starts at $11500.00. After looking at the used ones, they seemed to be priced pretty high without the bath. I realize someone can ask whatever they want. Is this the case, or do they really hold there value ? There are a lot out there without the bath. My wife and I are both new to RVing and the only way she will go (to the bathroom ) LOL, is in the rv. I'm looking at ads of Scamp's that are a few years old and the asking almost what they go for new, without the bath. I would love any feedback. Like I said I'm new to this. Thanks Sorry for the double post. Twitchy trigger finger ! LOL
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Neck. Yes they do hold their value very well and if looking used the location and time of year makes a difference also. Good luck on your search.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #3

New York
Thanks. If I choose to buy a new one ( I'm leaning towards that) at least I'll get what I want. I owned a pop up about 25 years ago and that's the last camping I did and last camper I bought .
Old 09-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #4

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Welcome. I am definitely with your wife on needing a bathroom. Some people think it's trouble but they are usually ones who never have had a trailer with a bathroom. It's definitely worth having to me and I am sure from what you say that it will be to her. So good idea to go for the bath!
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #5

New York
My wife agreed to leave the can of Aqua Net home. However She won't use public restrooms or the use the woods ! I 'm sure down the road I'll be glad I bought it that way.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #6

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
We do use the public restrooms whenever we can, and you can tell her that most of them are actually very clean at campgrounds, but at night we have a bathroom. I can only think of a couple of campground bathrooms where I did not like the facilities such that I would not want to go there again.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp