Plumbing diagrams for Lovebug, Boler...The ABC's - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #1

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Howdy!

Well, I've searched a bunch here and through google and I can't find a plumbing diagram for my Lovebug nor a Boler. The last owner took out the tanks and lines. After going two seasons without, I've decided it would be grand to fill up at the campground to my boondocking site.

The sink and faucet is still there.

I don't think I have a gray water tank but, I don't really know where it may be located, either

There are some connections on the exterior to connect to a hose.

Would my camper have had one or two tanks?

I think I can hook up to an external water supply but, does this still go through the tank?

Roger wrote a long time ago about having a water pressure reducer. Is this something I would need to hook up directly?

My wants and needs:
Love to have 20-30 gallons of water on board for a three day weekend for cleaning, showering,etc.

I would take along drinking water in a few gallon containers.

I'd like to be able to do this myself, so this needs to be easy, folks!

Perhaps we could make this into a basic plumbing guide for the Boler and Boler-like campers?

Many thanks, folks!
Gigi
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
you should have 2 faucets on your counter...one has a hand pump on it and the other would have a piece of hose suitable for potable water running from it to the female hose fitting that is on the outside of the trailer and in turn would be hooked up to a vr water hose to supply potable water from the campground tap ....where this hose screws onto the campground tap you should have a pressure regulator to protect the line in your trailer from excessive pressure.....the faucet I use a single handle pantry faucet,(goose neck).......the faucet with the hand pump has a hose running to your fresh water tank and the hand pump manually pumps the water to the faucet or you can have an electric 12v pump to run the water from your tank, either pressure on demand or switched on and off.....On my 13' Boler I have only a fresh water tank.....from the sink drain I have a hose about the same as a garden hose that I ran to the rear bumper and to that I attach a short piece of garden hose and run my gray water into a 5 gallon collapsible jug and empty at the washrooms or if I have a sewer connection at my site, I pour it in there....and now I`m almost out of breath.....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #3

Brilliant Benny! That was a great explanation. Thank you, my northern neighbor! Someday we'll meet in Fargo!

I went into the Lovebug today to clean a bit and see exactly what this little darling still has left in her.

I saw one faucet and one pump handle and one spigot.
Underneath, there is a drain and when I pured water down the sink, some cruddy brown stuff came...lord how long that was in there I'll never know. But, the drain works!

I also found a clear tube! I'll have to get a mirror to see what it's connected to, my back doesn't allow bending like that.

On the exterior, I saw the female end of a hose, great news!
There was a cap on the place where the crud came out

On the other side of the rig was a large, about 6" circular cover by Indiana Plastics. The words said something about potable water only. I assume this is where I can add water once I find a tank, hose, connectors, etc. ?

---------------------------------------
Now, the questions:

Is the faucet that turns the one that allows the water to enter the trailer from the hose that's connected to the water supply outside?

Is the pump the one that controls the fresh water tanks? Do you merely raise and lower it
to start the water flow? How can you have both with only one spigot?

There was a piece of pvc pipe that attached to the drain hole on the outside of the trailer that the last owner fashioned, I think this gets connected to a grey water tank that can lie on the ground outside? Or, does my camper have a grey water tank and you stick something into this opening and suck out the "used" water?

Okay, enough questions to start.

Thanks for the help! This is great fun!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #4

I can`t make out exactly what you meant in the part about the faucets.....if you onto my webshots site, you`ll see new albums 3, and in there is a shot of the faucets on my counter.......also that port for "potable water only", leads to your water tank, and is simply filled from a hose.....I don`t know if you have a gray water tank....I`d think not likely.....the system that I related to you in my previous post is as simple as possible.....I`m not fussy on the hand pump because it takes a lot of pumping to part fill the sink....we only use that water for washing, etc. ...like you mentioned, drinking water we bring with us and refill jugs along the way....by the way, we were in Thief River Falls a couple weeks ago....Benny
Old 04-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #5

Click image for larger version

Name:	64afre2_resized_mayber.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	2536
This picture shows a vent?
And, the female end where I would add a hose that is attached to a water source?
And, the large black cap is where I would attach a pipe for the water to be expelled?

Name:	790ere2_resized_maybe.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	2538

This is where I add fresh drinking water using a hose to a tank on that side of the trailer, no doubt?

Name:	3ecfre2_resized.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2537

Two faucet handles
One spigot. This is where I am confused. I see in the next picture, I actually have two clear lines for water. Is there a T someplace so that one could use water from an external source as in the hose outside and also use the pump for the freshwater I carry onboard? OR, may I only be hooked up to one water source (external or freshwater on board) at a time?

Name:	1420re2_resized_maybe.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2539

Discovered through the pictures that I have two clear lines and one drain! Good news!

We'll see if the pics show up, that could help me quest.

Benny, thanks for the help. Thief River Falls is a beautiful place. All the trees, lakes, it's just a great part of Minnesota. I'm envious. My work in the past has prohibited me from taking any camping trips up north. Hopefully that will all change after this summer.
Lucky you, Benny!

I set up a new website for my Faberge Egg in the event these pics don't show and the Lovebug just needed it's own site! It is hard to communicate about these fixtures without photos.

Here's the website and if you click on the page just over the first picture that says
Mechanical Items, you can go to the second page that has a photo album.

My website of My Faberge Egg!

Any information on what I have would be great!
Thanks,
Gigi
Old 04-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #6

Hi, never seen a side of a trailer like that....hopefully there is someone on with a love bug for more info.....if that is the only faucet you have, which looks like a bathroom vanity faucet set, you could have an electric pump at the water tank and it could be hooked up to the hot water side of the faucet with fresh outside water hooked up to the cold side or vica versa......if you have a pump then I think there should be a switch someplace to control the power to it and you should see the pump in your cupboards some place if you follow the hoses....also does your black trap under the sink in the pic reduce to a small hose size at the point where it exits the wall of the trailer and can be connected to another hose to get rid of the gray water? .....I wasn`t camping at TRF, just a day trip.....last year we went did the N. Minn. thing thru Bemidji and the iron country, Hibbing and Ely to Duluth area....Benny
Old 04-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Attachment 2537

Two faucet handles
One spigot. This is where I am confused.
The narrative connected to the photographs of the fittings on the outside of the trailer indicate a correct understanding of each fitting's function.

As to your dual action faucet: Use the handle on the [b]Left to control the flow of water when you are connected to "City Water".

The handle on your [b]Right is a manually operated pump for when you are drawing water from your tank. You should be able to pull it straight up and push it straight down to pump water out of the tank and into the sink.

These are both cold water faucet controls. No electric pump required.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi, never seen a side of a trailer like that....hopefully there is someone on with a love bug for more info.....if that is the only faucet you have, which looks like a bathroom vanity faucet set, you could have an electric pump at the water tank and it could be hooked up to the hot water side of the faucet with fresh outside water hooked up to the cold side or vica versa......if you have a pump then I think there should be a switch someplace to control the power to it and you should see the pump in your cupboards some place if you follow the hoses....also does your black trap under the sink in the pic reduce to a small hose size at the point where it exits the wall of the trailer and can be connected to another hose to get rid of the gray water? .....I wasn`t camping at TRF, just a day trip.....last year we went did the N. Minn. thing thru Bemidji and the iron country, Hibbing and Ely to Duluth area....Benny
Hi, Benny! I think my photo must not be very clear. The handle on the right does indeed move up and down and is likely the pump that everyone speaks of. I'll take a better picture of it tomorrow. Sorry about that.
I shall have to check my black trap under the sink. The opening I saw outside the trailer is large enough that the pvc pipe elbow that was in the camper fit perfectly. I would guess that size to be close to 2". I know I have to figure out how I am going to get the refuse into a gray water tank as I believe you're right that I don't have a grey water tank.

I am very pleased in finding all that I did in the camper. I can't wait to get the pressure reducer thing tomorrow and see if all goes well. Fingers crossed that I have no major leaks!

Thanks, again, Benny!
G
Old 04-28-2006, 09:34 PM   #9

Quote:
The narrative connected to the photographs of the fittings on the outside of the trailer indicate a correct understanding of each fitting's function.

As to your dual action faucet: Use the handle on the [b]Left to control the flow of water when you are connected to "City Water".

The handle on your [b]Right is a manually operated pump for when you are drawing water from your tank. You should be able to pull it straight up and push it straight down to pump water out of the tank and into the sink.

These are both cold water faucet controls. No electric pump required.
YAY! This information makes me feel great, Frederick!

As I wrote to Benny, I can't wait to add the pressure reducer thing and connect it all up to a hose.

As I write this, when in the store tomorrow should I be picking up items in the event I do have a flood???

Thanks so much for weighing here, Frederick! This has been very helpful.

Cheers!
Gigi
Old 04-28-2006, 10:00 PM   #10

Right, Fredrick and Gigi...sorry that I didn`t notice the different handle on the right side......it`s plain in the pics but was my oversight.......on my Boler the drain for the sink is reduced right at the sink tailpiece to about a 5/8" hose without a trap, as mentioned earlier, exited under the trailer and I extended it to the rear bumper for accessability.......Benny
Old 04-29-2006, 06:35 AM   #11

Benny, thanks for such great help! You are always so helpful. Later on today, as it's pouring rain outside and not a day for camping I'm going to work on a mod you suggested I do last year! More on that later! This threads about plumbing!

Alright, I have the plumbing fixtures identified, now it's time to find a tank that I can fill from the exterior that is attached to the tube for my hand pump!

All ideas welcome!

Here's one that is interesting:
Plastimo Flexible water tank

It looks light enough that I could pull it out to clean but I will verify this.

Or there's the hardside tanks

I welcome any recommendations! It just must be easy to handle.
Thanks!
G

Tags
boler, lovebug