Kim's 93 Scamp 13ft. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #41

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Thumbs up for you guys!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:48 PM   #42

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Very impressed with your progress, doing a great job!
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #43

Name: Kim
Trailer: Scamp
California
We were pretty busy over the weekend.

Painted the cabinet bottoms.

Got the escape hatch installed.

Removed some odd stuff that the PO did to it. LOL Need to fill the holes still.

Continued next post do to Pic limit.
KimScamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #44

California
Had a helper laying the floor.

He took a break once the floor was in.

Now it is my turn to do the trim.

Continued....
Old 06-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #45

California
I ran out of wood. LOL Will finish the trim on Wed. when I can go buy some more.

Got my cushions today.

We are still waiting on the rear window and also the door and stove area window. Once we get those we can at least get the outside looking like something.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:24 PM   #46

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Nice job on the floor! Thought I'd share my mod, because I also cut out the front end as well for a desk and went with wood flooring...

Keep the progress coming, and great pics in showing us.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  

Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:35 PM   #47

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
Nice job on the floor! Thought I'd share my mod, because I also cut out the front end as well for a desk and went with wood flooring...

Keep the progress coming, and great pics in showing us.
That looks great! What did you use to trim the bench sides. Your's looks kind of gold. Is it aluminum? That is one thing I haven't figured out how I want to do it. I need to go take a look at Home Depot to see what may work.

I didn't get much done today. Went to HD and picked up some more trim and finished the bottom floor. I will do the remainder of the top floor once we get water tank and pump set up under the one side bench.

I need to go buy some corner trim to do up the step and around the back of it.

I did hang my first thing on the wall today. LOL I got the trick from a person either on this forum or on the FB page. LOL Used a curtain hook.

We got our windows back yesterday, so today I masked them off and painted them. Yah, should have done that before we had new glass put in, but didn't think about that then. LOL

I can't put those back in till we get the stuff to seal them. I'm hopefully going to be getting some extra with the rear window I ordered through Scamp. Still waiting on it to get shipped. They need to build a crate for it I guess and it is taking a while to build it. Can't wait to get it though, things will move along faster once it is here.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #48

NA
You're well on your way and great to see the fun in the process. My father is a hardware hoarder, and I knew he had a set of small brass trunk corners in his stash. They're perfect for that spot, protecting the corners and helping hold the corner trim together.

Regular hardware stores don't carry them anymore, so try craft shops, specialty hardware or order online if you're interested in doing the same.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:33 PM   #49

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
You're well on your way and great to see the fun in the process. My father is a hardware hoarder, and I knew he had a set of small brass trunk corners in his stash. They're perfect for that spot, protecting the corners and helping hold the corner trim together.

Regular hardware stores don't carry them anymore, so try craft shops, specialty hardware or order online if you're interested in doing the same.
Ok, thanks for the tip!

Today we went to get some more stuff for the Scamp. We found this fridge.

It's only a 2 way, but it is better then nothing. Even has a little freezer.

Works too.

Hubby worked on the 110 power. We needed a new cord for the trailer so we got that and he installed it. He also put a new drain on the sink. Just need to find a new faucet for it.

He also figured out the hook up for the parking lights and all. I put all new marker lights on.

Got the fridge in the hole, but we need to make something to fill in the gap on the one side. It was a tad smaller then the original.

I still need to install the tail lights and hubby needs to hook the propane lines up to the fridge and stove, but it is getting there. Oh, we got the water tank back in but need to go buy some new hose to connect it to the new pump and also to the sink, once we find the faucet we want. But, once we get the hose ran, we can get the table benches put back down for good.

Question!

I heard that the Scamps had a converter to make 110v convert to 12v. It supposedly also charged the battery while hooked up to the 110. If this is true, what does it look like and where did it go???
Old 06-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #50

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimScamp View Post
Question!

I heard that the Scamps had a converter to make 110v convert to 12v. It supposedly also charged the battery while hooked up to the 110. If this is true, what does it look like and where did it go???
The photo shows what the converter looks like, and it's located on the face of the right rear dinette bench (the side where the 30 amp cord and your new drain outlet is located on). Practically speaking, the back of the converter is easily accessed through the bench access hatch. Easier than the water tank on the other side!

The previous owner told me that mine doesn't work, but I never had the need to test that claim yet. I'm all about the 110 plug right now. Hope the images help.
Attached Thumbnails
convert-close.jpg   convert-location.jpg  

Old 06-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #51

California
Yep, that helped! I definatly don't have one. LOL My bench seats have now hole cut in them. I think I will just carry a battery charger or one day do solar to charge the battery while we are stopped.

Thanks for the pic!!
Old 06-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #52

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Looks good Kim. To help the fridge out you may want to encase its top, bottom and sides in some sheets of ridged foam insulation... it helps it a lot in warm weather.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #53

California
Thanks for the tip Carol. It already has some insulation around it but I can always ad more.

Not much to show for today. We got the fridge in place and but I didn't take a pic because it was basically the same as the other but it has aluminum strips on each side now. LOL I hooked the water tank tubes to it and ran the one around the back and to the pump, but then ran out of tubing. Need to go get some more tomorrow to finish it off to the sink.

My helper was assisting on the tube install.

Yes, he stays there the whole time I am trying to work. LOL Unless I have to kick him off, but today he lucked out and I was able to do it with him there.

Hubby worked on the propane today. He got the fridge working on it and also got propane to the stove. One burner works the other needs the knob thingy worked on as it is stuck shut.

Then, my Mom found me a rug. LOL Not sure if I want to go with the surf theme or not. If I do, I will go with the tie dye part of it too. Thing is, my VW Bus is a tie dye theme, so not sure if I want to go that way with the Scamp, although it is me though. LOL

We also found a faucet for the sink. Mine originally came with a 1 knob faucet for the outside water hook up and a hand pump style for the inside tank water. We bought a bathroom faucet that really doesn't look like a bathroom one, it's spout is actually a bit longer then most bathroom ones. So it will go to about the middle of the sink when it is mounted. We are going to hook the cold water side up to the tank that will have a electric pump hooked to it. The C on the handle will now stand for Camper water. The hot water side will be hooked to what I now call Hooked up water, so the H on that knob stands for Hooked up water. LOL So now we will have one faucet that does both jobs. Will take pics of that once hubby gets it installed. He will have to do some fiberglass work to the current hole first though. Then drill new holes for the new faucet.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #54

California
Hubby got the faucet installed this morning before he went to work. I love it. I love how it goes half way into the sink instead of being right at the edge. That and it swivels to get out of the way if need be.

It is a laundry faucet if anyone is interested.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #55

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Hi Kim, just FYI, about half of your pics don't show.....at least for me. Seems it started on a few folks posts since the server switch.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #56

Name: Alice
Nebraska
Smile Loving this pic by pic account.

Kim, you and your husband are doing an amazing job. I can only hope when I attempt to do some minor modifications to my Scamp they come out half as well. Love your choice of flooring. Mine is carpeted but I think I'd like the wood better as it would be easier to clean. Where I usually camp I see a lot of mud.
Thank you so much for sharing. Keep them coming!

Altygrae
altygrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #57

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Really impressed with all you've accomplished in such a short time! It's looking great!

BTW, I can see all your pics fine.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:41 AM   #58

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
It looks great! I love to see all that you are doing!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #59

California
Things have been moving kind of slow this week. Between work and weather, not much has gotten done.

Hubby did get the water lines hooked up.

I got to test it tonight. Sorry for the dark video, I forgot I could turn a light on. LOL

We also got the trim figured out on the new cut section on the front.

My back window came last Thursday, but I finally got around to opening it today. They made sure it was safe and would make it through rain, snow, hail, and even a flood. LOL Not only was it screwed every 4 inches, they used finishing nails in-between each screw and also glued every piece of wood. It was secure for sure.

Good new is, it fits! Now just to get time to actually install it. Hopefully tomorrow sometime. Will be nice to finally get the windows back in it.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #60

California
We got a lot done this weekend. It was slow going during the week, but we made up for it today.

We got the windows in!!

I had the glass on the window by the stove replaced with clear glass instead of privacy glass. I wanted to be able to see out. I can always use something with velcro to hang over it at night.

We had to remodel the rental houses bathroom and had some extra plywood left over so we made the table with it.

Also made the covers for the storage where the table seats are.

Don't even have any food in it and I already have ants. LOL

Hubby made a cover for the toilet. This is not the actual cover though. LOL He changed it a bit, but this shows how it covers the toilet. There will be a another version seen in another pic.

To be continued.

Tags
scamp