Winterizing Scamp for first time. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I never have. I DO always make sure I drain the tanks to make sure there's no residual water in there BEFORE I winterize. But no, I do not pull the valves once I run the RV antifreeze through. That's just me and have done it that way for 6 yrs. Personally, I dont think it would matter either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal6342 View Post
We winterized our 13 foot Scamp today using all of the good advice in this posting. We only have one question on the last step. Do you empty Grey and Black tanks after doing the winterizing with the antifreeze. According to Scamp website this is the last step. We just cannot figure out why we would empty. If this is a really dumb question please forgive us. I think all the other steps were clear and I liked the tip in putting your finger over the faucet!

Thanks once agin for all the great people helping each other in this forum!

Scott and Linda and SALLEE (our Scamp)
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal6342 View Post
We winterized our 13 foot Scamp today using all of the good advice in this posting. We only have one question on the last step. Do you empty Grey and Black tanks after doing the winterizing with the antifreeze. According to Scamp website this is the last step. We just cannot figure out why we would empty. If this is a really dumb question please forgive us. I think all the other steps were clear and I liked the tip in putting your finger over the faucet!

Thanks once agin for all the great people helping each other in this forum!

Scott and Linda and SALLEE (our Scamp)
I do. One of the issues with the design of Scamps grey water (as well as a number of other brands of trailers) is there is a lip on the discharge side of the grey tank that prevents the tank from completely emptying unless you have the trailer sitting tilted over to the discharge side. If not although you have put anti freeze down into the tank it is very diluted due to the water that is still trapped into the tank.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp