1991 Boler Reno axle replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #1

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
1991 Boler Reno axle replacement

It is an obsession. I started out fixing a few little cracks in the shell and now I am in full reno mode!
I have been scouring the posts trying to find specific info on replacing my torsion axle. The torsion bar is worn out - the wheel and hub are above the axle (maybe 30-35*) and I would really like to have electric brakes anyway... So time for an axle replacement.
But what do I get? And where?
Some posts mention buying replacement axles at Princess Auto, but I've been all over their website and I can't find a match.
I went onto Dexter's website looking for the torflex #9 but the only thing that gave me was a lift kit (looks fun, but not what I was after) and I can't find axles on their website (am I doing something wrong?)
As far as I can figure I have some luck since I already have a trailing arm rather than a leading arm and the axle is a bolt on, not welded. The job of replacing it is well within my abilities but is there a source in Canada? Is there a brand or model anybody else has used that is the right choice?
Well, any advice from someone who has replaced their axle already would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #2

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
1991 Boler Reno axle replacement

Well, I just got off of the phone with Paul Neumeister and looks like I might have my axle question answered and solved. I am still curious about what others have done. Now I just need to figure out why the VIN plate says it is a 1991... This one is still perplexing me.

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #3

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
It was a back to the future Boler?
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
I am still curious about what others have done.

Here in BC a number of Boler owners have taken the trailers to Escape trailers to have a new Dexter axle put on them... they do a fast quick job of it at a very reasonable price. Others have just gone to your basic neighbourhood trailer repair shop to have them replaced with the appropriate Dexter axle. There are some small shops that only do axle repairs on trailers of all kinds.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, boler