Ventura weight ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #1

Name: Kim
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Ventura weight ?

We know she's light for me and hub can grab her and pull but we're curious if anyone knows what the weight is !?? Mine will not have the mirrored door, stove ,heat or electric ( the wires and all lights gone) so that sheads allot IMO lol
We were told 1,200 by camper sell guy but I trust him about far as I can toss him .... Anywho we can tow up to 1,500 so be nice to know if I should nix more stuff or if we're ok
Cheyanna83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:10 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Your best best is to take it to a local auto/truck scale. There may be a small fee. Truck stops, landfills & waste transfer sites, sand & gravel lots, etc., are possible places to check.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #3

Manitoba
Prob will have too, the bad is were we live closest I found is 2 hours away kinda curious her weight after her liposuction buhaha

Def Need to know before we camp we may have to store everything in car when transporting but we'll figure it lol
Old 06-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #4

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanna83 View Post
...we may have to store everything in car when transporting but we'll figure it lol

Moving stuff from the camper to the car doesn't solve the problem. Towing capacities generally only factor in 1-2 people and minimal cargo in the vehicle. More that that reduces the tow rating accordingly. My owner's manual even has a detailed chart making it all clear and specific. For the full tow rating, the limit is two 150# people plus 15# of personal effects each. My wife's purse makes up for both of us.

My suggestion would be to make the first trip short and not too far, pack lightly, and include a weigh stop in your itinerary.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Manitoba
😬 ooo didn't realize that! New to this lol were camping for a week 20-25 mins down the road if I get my trailer back together in time lol
We might tow it there empty come home for all are stuff lol - I don't use a purse just a wallet so I don't have to worry about that weight lol though my daughter is one to have allot of junk lol

We have a 2014 Nissan Rouge I'm going to do some
More reading see if I can find out more on her towing ability
Old 06-19-2015, 05:28 PM   #6

Arizona
Registry
I have two preteen daughters, so I know about junk!!! It's one reason we have a 3-row SUV for four people!

Seriously, do read everything your owner's manual says about towing. If the 1500# is correct, you may be okay, but it's likely close and your daughter may have to make some hard choices. If at all possible, I'd make the 2-hour trek to the scale as part of your maiden voyage, if not before.

One thing the manual will probably tell you is that you need to have working brakes on the trailer. If not, that's an upgrade you should start planning for.

Good luck!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #7

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
We weighed our old Ventura fully loaded and it was 1700lbs at the axle and about 100 lbs at the tongue so a total of 1800lbs . That was with new pine interior and all appliances,battery and 20lb propane and all our gear, water tank was empty. Ours had working brakes
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:58 PM   #8

Manitoba
Oh boy maybey I should of gotten the boler ( my friend is 1000 pounds she told me )
Good tho I'll have no gas no Eletric no battery , no lights and that heavy mirrored door is gone and my new panels to go up are like orginals so I should be more at 1,400 I'm hopeing meep I figured guy we got from lied after all the Easter leaks he hid and I found
Def have to think and camp as light as we can... Paper plates and no change of clothes 😂😜

Worse case if she's
Still to heavy I'll pay someone to park it and then when I have more money I'll get something lighter or a small truck lol
Old 06-19-2015, 11:12 PM   #9

Alberta
Registry
well when you start adding up what you have removed, you will have gained quite a bit
Fridge 50lbs
furnace 20lbs
stove 10lbs
water tank 30lbs
propane tank 30lbs
110v light 5lbs (yes they were heavy)
It all adds up! The Ventura has a heavier frame than a Boler but it also doesn't have a problem with frame cracks that some of the bolers and Trilliums have. Many rebuilt bolers have had to have the complete frames replaced and most are rebuilt on heavier frames.

We had a lot of camping gear on board with all bench seats full, a dometic tent awning at 30lbs and food. Had all the stuff like coleman stove , propane BBQ coleman lantern. The wood I used was about 9lbs / package and I used about 18 packs with some waste. So when I say it was 1800lbs it had a lot of stuff that we were carrying and added up fast. When we sold the Ventura we were shocked with the pile of stuff we pulled out of it!
Old 06-19-2015, 11:12 PM   #10

Arizona
Registry
I doubt your friend's Boler is 1000 pounds, either. Those numbers may have come from old sales brochures or from ownership documents, and they are "dry weights." Dry weights do not include options, fluids, batteries, or any cargo. Even many appliances, like a furnace and fridge, were options.

Most 13' trailers weigh between 1300-1800 pounds loaded, and a few (including at least one Boler) top 2000 pounds.

You may want to peruse the thread "Trailer Weight in the Real World." It's near the top in the General Chat section. There's a nice spreadsheet in post #297.

Since yours is missing some of the appliances, I still think there is a good chance you may be able to keep it within your limit. But there's only one way to be sure...
Old 06-20-2015, 07:35 AM   #11

Manitoba
Wow!! Wounder were she got her weight number from
I may nix putting the benches/table in and have a matress on the floor lol my fridge I put on scale is 50 pounds ( mini bar fridge mine didn't come with a fridge it was gone all steady I'll assume it died ) and on that note every Ventura I've looked at has a fridge vent but mine wth ?? I'm glad I don't saves a hole to close up just odd
I won't use my water tank the line has mold so I'll assume tank very moldy can't even find the blasted thing to check lol
Soon as hub checks electric well go on a trip to see how heavy she is

thanks guys!!
Old 06-20-2015, 07:52 AM   #12

Alberta
Registry
your water tank is under the trailer behind the axle and is covered by a piece of sheet metal(more weight savings). Mine was totally shattered and was replaced with a new one.

I bet your trailer had an icebox from the factory. It fit where the fridge would have gone but no need for cooling vents on the outside. Some Bolers shipped like that as well. Fridges were expensive so it was a way to keep down the cost.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #13

Arizona
Registry
If yours doesn't have fridge vents in the shell, chances are it came with just an icebox. It might make sense to use a portable ice chest for now until you get the weight settled. You can always add the bar fridge later. Of course, it will only work when you have electric hookups, and that limits where you can camp. My (limited) experience is that even when you have a choice, the no-hook-up sites are often larger, more scenic, and cheaper.

I'd say go ahead and put the benches and table back in, though. You really want to know what it weighs with them in place. And besides, sleeping on the floor is almost like sleeping in a tent. And if you wanted to sleep in a tent, you wouldn't have bought the trailer, right?
Old 06-20-2015, 08:17 AM   #14

Arizona
Registry
Kim, is your Rogue already set up for towing with a hitch and trailer wiring? If not, you may be in a bit of a catch-22: you can't take the trailer in for a weighing until you get it set up, and you don't want to spend money to get it set up until you're it sure it will work.

Got a friend with a truck or larger SUV that might be willing to help?

BTW... you have checked the age of the tires and repacked the wheel bearings, right?
Old 06-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #15

Manitoba
yup we have the car set up :")
Old 06-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #16

Manitoba
tires look ok, soon as shes back together with is soon shes going to are local tire shop to check them and pack axels and whatevrs
Old 06-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #17

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
We used to have a Ventura. It was heavier than the Trillium we have now but I don't have any numbers to share. Ours had a three way fridge, battery and propane tank. No water tank or waste tank.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #18

Manitoba
oh wow!

id take my water tank out but cant find the bugger prob under the wood i dont want to move lol
Old 06-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #19

Alberta
Registry
Its under the trailer in behind the axle if its still installed
Attached Thumbnails
Image2.jpg  
Old 06-22-2015, 11:06 PM   #20

Manitoba
Thanks Dudley I'll go under her tomorrow!!

Had Dudley the port on side were sink drain out of any clue what that is called? I'd like to replace its beat up but not know what it is searches are coming up empty

Tags
ventura, weight