CA 2017 October 19-23 Lake Casitas Fiberglass Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #21

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
We're bringing our Compact Jr to site B-18

Hi Everybody,

It's been several years since we were last at the Lake Casitas rally, but we'll be there this year. For once the rally doesn't conflict with our travel schedule.

I look forward to seeing all the old friends and making new ones.

We're arriving Thursday afternoon and look forward to getting our trailer weighed again by Frederick. There have been lots of changes -- I beefed up the frame, added brakes (that's why the frame needed strengthening), new larger wheels and tires. So we don't have the lowest-weight Compact Jr any more, but I feel the increase in weight is worth it. Everything else I've tried to keep as light as possible.

While we were at Oh! Ridge CG in the June Lake area we were fortunate enough to meet and become friends with Kristen, George and Vivienne. They got to see my latest modification, which was the replacement of the pop-top skirt with lightweight removable windows. The current version is what I call a "full-scale mockup" (FSM) which is something solid enough to use, but not the final version. The FSM allows us to discover the unforeseen problems and make changes -- a process that continues until the result is good enough to make permanent. What you'll see is the FSM, I haven't built the final version yet.

It was George and Kristen that reminded us about the Lake Casitas rally, and here we are!

We will be in site B-18 on the Bass loop.

Drop by and say Hi!
Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:34 PM   #22

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
Lake Casitas rally

Hi Dana
Glad you're joining us.
I have put your name on the list for Frederick so he too will know you want your trailer weighed. Please note on our itinerary, when you receive it, he asks all participants to be at his place at 9am Friday to go over some important things about the weighing.
Thanks and see you soon!
Paula
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #23

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
Itinerary

Hi Paula,

Are you emailing the itinerary to us or do we pick it up when we arrive?

Thanks,

--Dana T
Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #24

California
Registry
Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas

Hi Dana
I don't not print up itinerary's. You will receive the itinerary via your email and you'll print it up.
I was given your email and it keeps bouncing so this is why you haven't heard from me.
Please PM me and send me your email so I can get this info to you.
Thanks
Paula
Old 10-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #25

California
Registry
Lake Casitas rally

Hi Lake Casitas Friends/Campers
We're almost there! Are you packed yet?! 9 more days and counting!
Thought I'd send you this SHORT version of the itinerary. Please remember to print out the one I emailed to you.
See you soon!
Paula

Welcome to our 16th Annual Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas, October 19-22nd, 2017
THURSDAY-10/19
4PM Happy Hour @ site B20
Bring your favorite appetizer to share and something to wash it down with.
"Stump the Campers" & "Sit Down Scavenger Hunt"....both hosted by Karen after Happy Hour
Campfire (propane or wood?) after or during Happy Hour
FRIDAY-10/20-Decorate your rigs for a fun Halloween weekend!
9am check in @B45 with Frederick to get your time slot, 9am-3pm, for weighing your rig. He will also give your instructions and this is a MUST HAVE to weigh any rig!
10:00-11:30 Open House/trailers/rigs. Show off your rig and help others learn the tricks of the camping lifestyle.
11am-12 @B12 Karen will be giving a demonstration with her Cobb. If you've ever bbq'd, cooked, baked, smoked or fried on a traditonal bbq and burned foods like I have, check this out! It does it all and it doesn't burn your foods like most bbq's can. Bring something to take notes.
12:30pm-1:30 @ B12 Karen is BACK! Join her for a fun full hour or more of coloring. She'll have some of her latest pages for you to color. It's so relaxing. Bring a chair and a willingness to have fun!
1:00-2:30 FOR SALE Items/Trade/Free….. Bring your RV or camping treasures you no longer want and set up on the big grassy area near the tables. Folks can walk around and see whats for sale, trade or free.
2:30-3:30 @ B2 “Travel Tips & Tricks ” with Frank & Barbara
5:30 Wiener Roast site #B20. Campfire starts by 5pm. We will need someone to build a fire! Bring roasting sticks, hot dogs, buns, plates, condiments, utensils, and something yummy to share.
Awards Ceremony for Stump the Campers and Sit Down Scavenger Hunt.
Talking Stick-Hosted by Frank We’ll make a big circle around the campfire and pass the Talking Stick. Whoever has the stick gets to talk and everyone else listens. The person with the Stick introduces themselves, and shares a little about themselves, their campsite #, what kind of rig you have, home town, years attending Rally, etc.
SATURDAY 10/21- Happy Halloween- Autumn- Fall
10:00-11AM @ B41- Barbara displays her collection of Picture Rocks and shows you what she sees in them.....can you see it too?
10:30-12:00 Open House/trailer/rigs
12:15 Ice Cream Potluck at the big tables. Please bring toppings and ice cream to the tables. Please help serve and clean up. This is an Ice Cream Potluck. Bring ice cream, frozen yogurt, toppings, fruit of any kind, cookies, cupcakes, candy or anything you'd like as a topping. I'll supply bowls, spoons and napkins. If you have ice cream serving spoons and aprons please bring them and help serve the ice cream.
1:00-2:00 @ B20 with Paula--Jewelry by YOU! Make a fabulous pair of "fiberglass trailer style earrings" or a bracelet with a trailer charm. We'll use crystals and real semi-precious stones. It's fun and easy to do and I'll show you how. $5 for supplies for each item made.
2:15-3:30 @ B2 " Tips & Tricks ” with Frank & Barbara
3:45 @ B41 Halloween Pet Parade & Trick or Treat ..Join folks and their pets for a stroll around the BASS section. Dress you and/or your pets for Halloween and let the fun begin! Bring your “trick or treats” to share with others.. Starting location at B41, Sonny and Barbara's. Don't forget the doggie treets too!
5:30 POT LUCK begins. Please bring your yummy dishes at (5:25) the witching hour and place on the big tables. We'll all dig in promptly at 530! No cheating-the witch is watching you!
Campfire to follow
If you missed it on Friday.......The Talking Stick returns, Hosted by Frank
SUNDAY-10/22
9:30AM Survivors Breakfast @ dining tables
Bring your yummy Breakfast creations to share. Good byes & hugs!
5:00PM Potluck at the tables.
Campfire, of course!

MONDAY-10/23
Many thanks to each and everyone who steps forward to keep this great Rally going. This is your Rally so step up, speak up, share your creative ideas. And volunteer! What you give, so others may enjoy and learn, is greatly appreciated!
Many thanks to Jim Johnson for keeping our database of attendees. With his help I am able to get all my emails to you! You’re the best Jim!
Happy and safe travels to you all

Tags
casita, rally