Boler Cabinet Support Mounting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #1

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Boler Cabinet Support Mounting

I am ready to mount the cast iron cabinet support on my Boler 1300 and I have a couple of questions. Can anyone tell me how far from the edge of the counter it would be positioned along the side? I don't have existing holes so I have no idea how far back towards the wall it should be mounted. Should I bolt it in or pop rivet it in? Should there be any backing against the fiberglass where the attachment occurs on the cabinet and the side of the counter or is the bare fiberglass backing OK?
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Our 17 has one one both sides of the counter?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #3

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Borden, how are they attached, with pop rivets or bolts? On the inside where the support is attached, is there any backing material like wood or is it just the back of the fiberglass?
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #4

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
There are photos in this forum of your model of trailer of the interiors that show where that bracket is located. That will give you the position it belongs in. You might even find the original screw holes if you still have the original cabinets.

It belongs as far away from the wall as you can get it, the distance of which is restricted by the distance to the front face of the upper cabinet.

It also belongs on the outside of the end wall of the cabinets.

If you feel it is not being adequately supported inside of the cabinets just add some wood blocking to the inside of the cabinets for screws or thru bolts to go into. It will be more obvious to you once you try it in the right position and then take a look at where those fasteners belong. Think it through, don't worry so much, you will get there. It is one step at a time.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:39 AM   #5

Name: Greg
Trailer: 1977 17' Boler
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Adams View Post
I am ready to mount the cast iron cabinet support on my Boler 1300 and I have a couple of questions. Can anyone tell me how far from the edge of the counter it would be positioned along the side? I don't have existing holes so I have no idea how far back towards the wall it should be mounted. Should I bolt it in or pop rivet it in? Should there be any backing against the fiberglass where the attachment occurs on the cabinet and the side of the counter or is the bare fiberglass backing OK?
Hi Alex,

Was there an origianl bracket that was removed. I have a 17' Boler and there is alot of downward pressure on mu suppot bracket. The bathroom wall and fridge cabnets on the other side provide support but on the door side there are just these brackets. I had one pop off out of place, not sure how it occured, whether the trailer flexed a certain way going over Railway tracks. But when I stopped the bracket was on the floor. I had to use a screw jack and a piece of 2x4 placed under the gally shelf unit to replace it. There was alot of downward force. A friend of mine restores these trailers and says that if not placed properly, the door is affected. So it is best if you knew exactly the proper location of the previous bracket and its length or if this the original bracket, the the proper location on the lower cabnet. There were several style of brackets used depending on where the trailer was made in Canada.
Boler77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler