Anybody Know About the Little Joe/Ponderosa? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
I saw in a trailer mag a fiberglass called the Little joe and a more furnished model called the Ponderosa. I anyone familiar with these? How do they comapre in quality, price, weight, etc to scamp and casita?
Are they like the eggcamper - excellant quality - low production?

I saw the little joe in the mag for $8,800, 1100 lbs bare but how do you know?

Any help would be appreciated as I am looking at the 12/13ft with bath.

thanks
george oviatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
George, I don't personally know anything about the Little Joe. I THINK Gina has seen one with her own eyes. Maybe others?

At any rate, here's their website:
Weist Craft Trailers - Little Joe/Ponderosa/Roughneck/Fire Fli

Hope this helps
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Quote:
George, I don't personally know anything about the Little Joe. I THINK Gina has seen one with her own eyes. Maybe others?

At any rate, here's their website:
Weist Craft Trailers - Little Joe/Ponderosa/Roughneck/Fire Fli

Hope this helps

Yes, thats where I got the basic info - but you know like anything these days on the internet - needs confirmation from someone who has owned one or is somewhat familiar with it.

thanks
george oviatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This is the most recent discussion I can find on the Little Joe:
mystery fiberglass trailer..I wonder who makes them? Be sure to check out Orlen's posting at the very bottom.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
George, You can't compare it to a Scamp or Casita. It's a whole different option. I have seen the lil Joe in person and feel the quality was very good, but it is completely a different trailer. It's not a wide as, and just more basic. But that's not saying it's not a great glass option for people who need a lightweight bare bones travel trailer. Personally I have never seen a 13ft Casita and have only seen older 13ft Scamps but imagine that both the 13 foot Scamp or Casita would be of better quality. The lil Joe reminds me of a Galley Kitchen, long and skinny. I would assumne that the bed would be longer than either the Scamp or Casita 13 ft'er beds but maybe not as wide. Hope that helps. Robin

I just went and looked at the link Donna provided and the lil Joe that I saw didn't have the upper cabinets, only a shelve with a net type thing that held anything you would put up there.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #6

Trailer: 1994 Lite House
I have a Lite House. Little Joe is made from the molds from the Lite House after they went out of business. The bed is wider than a queen bed and standard length. Mine is a 1994 and is in very good condition. My roof is sagged in and pools water but the Little Joe has cabinets inside for support rather than a spur on the roof like mine so I don't think they will have the same issue. I picked a Lite House over the scamp and casita because the bed is far larger and the inside height is 6'. Also the flat door and screen are great. One of my favorite things about the Lite House/Little Joe is that you can roll up your bed and still use the table. Also you can look out of the front window while lying down and see the sky because the front window is slanted. It is small but very warm and cozy. Mine does not have a bath and is the basic Little Joe configuration. I think it may be too small with the bath. I really thought I needed a bath but now that I have not had one for some time I like not having to deal with it. (When I camp it's either in the boonies or at a park with bathrooms.) It is narrower than all of the others. I like this because I don't worry as much when I'm going through trees or tight trails to get to a spot. As for the "kitchen" I only use the stove if I'm tired from the drive or it's to cold to go outside and make coffee. I couldn't imagine doing more than heating water or soup inside.
curtis c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
We have a new Little Joe. Just picked it up from the factory (Marty Weis) in Henderson Colorado. We LOVE it so far! True, it is small - but that is what we wanted. The bed is as large as a Queen bed. There is enough "floor space" for us when the table is made into the bed. We have a porta pottie and enough room to stand up, move around, get dressed, etc. It seems to be very well made now. Certainly a very strong frame and the work looks good everywhere. It tows great. We have a Honda Odessy, but Marty Weis says that some customers have towed it with a Prius. We like the narrow size because we can see around it without needing extended mirrors. We also like the bed arrangement, since one of us does not need to climb over the other to get up. The web site for the Little Joe shows many pictures and the floor plans. We are willing to answer any other questions you have.
Martha and Wolf
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
For those attending the Lake Casitas rally over Halloween, Martha and Wolf will be bringing their Little Joe.. We're looking forward to seeing their trailer.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #9

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Quote:
I really thought I needed a bath but now that I have not had one for some time I like not having to deal with it.
Wow Curtis, I would never admit that.....

I agree tho I always thought I wanted the bathroom, but enjoy the fact I don't have to mess with all that plumbing and tank dumping stuff. Just a porta potti for nighttime. We get out hot water from the 35 cup coffee pot sitting outside on a table. ( can put in apple cider when it's cold too)

Winterizing is merely putting some in the tank, pump it up to the sink, fill the drains ( Yes I have 2) and we're done.

pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
little joe