30 amp votage regulator or surge proctector recommendation, either or both needed??? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2017, 05:30 AM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
Gord...you wrote:

"I turned all the breakers in the camper off and the flames died out."

so your surge protectector didn't shut the power off even though there was an obvious anomaly in the incoming line that caused a FIRE ten feet away ????

sorry but that's not a glowing (pardon the pun) recommendation...now is it?

but whatever makes one sleep good at night is a good thing I guess...sweet dreams
Now really.. how is the EMS supposed to be able to detect a fire downstream, even before the utility meter? The voltage, polarity, etc. were still within specs at the time. Your expectation is ridiculous - it is not a smoke / fire alarm.

As I reported, the EMS did detect a voltage drop hours before, and it did shut down the power until the voltage came back up. But I ignored what the EMS was telling me, that the voltage dropped with no apparent reason such as lots of RVs running air conditioners. The EMS also did the same thing at a different campground when the voltage dropped under heavy load from a pack campground in the heat of the day. It protected my A/C that time.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:15 PM   #22

Name: Glen
Trailer: Coachmen
California
Yes, I would go also for the Progressive Industries https://goo.gl/23eL4V 30 amp surge protector, over/under voltage protection, 240v. protection, freq. protection
glamfib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco