Fiberglass repair / trailer restoration recommendations in southwest BC? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 05:04 PM   #1

Name: Nick
Trailer: Scamp
Utah
Fiberglass repair / trailer restoration recommendations in southwest BC?

Hello,

I have a 2012 13' Scamp with some fiberglass damage. The only quotes I've been able to get have been from boat repair places and they're *really* expensive. I'm hoping to at least find a couple other quotes before I take any action (whether selling the trailer or having the work done). Does anyone have any recommendations for people who do body work on fiberglass trailers in the Squamish area? Vancouver ok too, or even in northern Washington (Bellingham) for the right reference.

Thank you,
Nick
ngottlieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:49 PM   #2

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Look also for auto body shops that can do work on fiberglass auto bodies. Corvette comes right to mind. Be prepared most auto place will paint, not jell coat (original color is jell coat and has a thickness greater than paint) No knowledge of your area but the best work will probably be by a boat shop.

But either boat or auto body shop will be expensive.

You might find a community college or trade school that has an auto body program where a student will work on it as a graded project at a reduced cost. I know people who have done that with cars at a nearby community college.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:13 PM   #3

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
How bad is the damage? Have you thought about working on it yourself? There are several threads that have shown a lot of the details of how to do it. I had never worked with FG before, but tried it, and it isn't that difficult to do.
EricAllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Post a few pics for us of the damage Nick.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngottlieb View Post
Hello,

I have a 2012 13' Scamp with some fiberglass damage. The only quotes I've been able to get have been from boat repair places and they're *really* expensive. I'm hoping to at least find a couple other quotes before I take any action (whether selling the trailer or having the work done). Does anyone have any recommendations for people who do body work on fiberglass trailers in the Squamish area? Vancouver ok too, or even in northern Washington (Bellingham) for the right reference.

Thank you,
Nick
Look up Fraser River Body & Paint in New Westminster . They are doing some work on my Trillium 4500 right now.
caderider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:19 AM   #6

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you,
Nick
:West Coast RV Parts & Service, Owners name is "B."
#108-1647 Broadway st. Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6P8
T. 604-528-3900, C.778-892-4158, F604-474-4835
West Coast RV Parts & Service info@westcoast-rv.com
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:57 PM   #7

Utah
Hi Dave, pics are here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...usd-82812.html
Old 10-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you,
Nick
:Nick this is the 2nd time I have given this to you!
Bahram or just "B" owns West Coast RV at #108 1647 Broadway St. Port Coquitlam, BC phone #604-528-3900 you have to give him time to do the work but is good at what they do, they are even certified Winnebago people for all reasons Winn & Itasca. Postal Code V3C 6P8
They just finished a major repair on our MH and did a great job.
Stude
Old 10-30-2017, 05:41 PM   #9

Utah
thanks

Thank you Stude, yes, I already saw your response. I was responding to Dave who had asked for pictures.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:18 AM   #10

British Columbia
Quote:
Thank you Stude, yes, I already saw your response. I was responding to Dave who had asked for pictures.
:Yes I figured that out to late, sorry for being in such a hurry, just to many emails over the weekend never pays to go away for a few days.
Stude

Tags
eco