Nice lady with 1983 casita for 1800 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #1

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Nice lady with 1983 casita for 1800

There is a nice lady that has a Casita listed on the Topeka craigslist for $1800. When I inquired about it she had moved to Omaha for a new job. She has just lost her son. So she has prearranged a deal with amazon to be shipped to me. The delivery is absolutly free shipping. I will have 5 days to test and inspect the camper. I just need to wait for amazon to contact me about payment. The nice lady has been so good and I should have a nice camper before long.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
may be a scam, do not send any money.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Let's see now, you pay in advance by Western Union or something else untraceable with no recourse?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #4

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I agree sounds like a scam. Ask to come and look at it. I feel if it not for real things will break down.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
RICH! Be very careful - way to many scams out there regarding people who have had a family loss, just moved to a new town and will ship the trailer to you, willing to pre arrange for you the transport of the trailer etc ......

Have you had anyone actually go and see this trailer? If not my advise is dont do it!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #6

Registry
Do any of the photos of the trailer look anything like this one?

If so this trailer has shown up on Craigslist in many different locations in the US and on ebay and Scam alert has been posted on it.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Do any of the photos of the trailer look anything like this one?
Even if it is a Scam, seeing both bunks and a washroom was interesting.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Scam, scam, scam.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #9

Name: Joe
Trailer: Patiently waiting!
South Carolina
Agree with everyone! Most likely a SCAM!
ssease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #10

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
" CRAIGSLIST ". Go ahead Ed, say something about it.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #11

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky 4 View Post
There is a nice lady that has a Casita listed on the Topeka craigslist for $1800. When I inquired about it she had moved to Omaha for a new job. She has just lost her son. So she has prearranged a deal with amazon to be shipped to me. The delivery is absolutly free shipping. I will have 5 days to test and inspect the camper. I just need to wait for amazon to contact me about payment. The nice lady has been so good and I should have a nice camper before long.

I am assuming that this is posted as a humorous comment on the world as we know it and not as a serious note about actually proceeding with the deal.

Personally, I am just waiting for the nice gentleman in Nigeria to deposit the $21.3 million into my bank account (I gave him the number and PIN to make it easier for him) so that I can order my new fiberglass trailer and a new tug.
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Ok this is getting more and more freaky! Ricky 4 is a friend of mine and I've been emailing her today and she's mentioned NOTHING about this--which is weird cause I live in Omaha! They just recently bought a 16 Scamp and have made enough purchases in the past, I just can't believe they would go blindly into this??. WTHeck.
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
I am assuming that this is posted as a humorous comment on the world as we know it and not as a serious note about actually proceeding with the deal.
LOL hadnt thought of that as it wasnt posted under jokes & as you know more than one person has fallen for this stuff -otherwise it would not continue on .... Lets hope your correct on it.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #14

scam?

yes, this was all a joke-we did get several emails like this when inquiring about campers.
cant believe someone would fall for this-guess some people do because these post still are on Crasigslist.
Thanks, Vickie for the kind words.
Now that Richard has retired-I see I need to keep an eye on him!!
The Mrs.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #15

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
Jessica

Another Scam regarding my trailer:

Just viewed your listing and will like to purchase it .please what is the condition and more detail of it.
Cheers.

My reply......

Thanks for your mail,I will not be coming to view it because of my Job,i am an oceanist and i am buying this for my Dad. i accept your offer and i will be happy to accept my offer.I can only pay through paypal at the moment as i don't have access to my bank account online,but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address to make the payments,and if you don't have a paypal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com i will be expecting your email. my mover will come for arrange to pick up after payment clear .Thanks and nice doing business with you...i hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible?
1:Are you the first owner of it?
2:Why are you selling it?
3:And does it has any dent on it or anything?
4oes it has any fault affecting it?
5:When have you been using it?

My reply.......

Thanks for the message ....the reason why PayPal is the only payment option is because it is safe and secure and as soon as i make the payment for it,you will be sent a notification for the payment receipt in this your email ....that is if you use this your email address to set up the paypal account and i have a mover that will come over for the pick up and the pick up representatives only comes up when we have finish the deal so don't worry i will be the one to take care of the pick up expenses ok. i will be glad if you can log on to www.paypal.com and set up your account and send me email use to set up and i will suggest you make use of this your email address so when i make the payment you will be notify of the receipt from PayPal instantly.i look to read from you soon...

My last reply:

Hello Jessica,
For this transaction I would only accept cash given to me personally from the local bank teller.
George.

PS; regarding your questions I already answered them in the previous reply.

The emails from Jessica stopped, I assume being an "oceanist" has something to do with fishing.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Cash in advance

I fail to see the humour in this confusing thread.
I am currently negotiating on an FGRV advertised sale and you have me worried although I do believe that most members here are on the up and up. I don't want to insult the seller but.....
To whom do I address my concerns, if I have any? Will someone vouch for the seller if I ask? D.
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #17

Be careful ... very careful... LET THE BUYER BEWARE!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #18

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
I did buy a fgrv trailer sight unseen a few weeks ago.- Huge thanks I owe to the friendly people on this site who took the time to personally look at it for me in the mid-west, as i am in Pa. I spoke to the dealer and person in charge of moving the trailer to storage for me and receved a bill of sale in the mail. We cant transfer the title yet as its only good for 60 days- I wont be out there till sept. - because these trailers are hard to come by, I truly recommend reaching out to others on this site. It doesnt hurt to ask others for help- especially when dealing with hard earned cash.
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #19

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
A way to verify legitimacy of an inquiry

A way to verify legitimacy of an inquiry is to search for an e-mail address. In case of Jessica Weston I searched for (Jessica Weston xujioubruce1111@gmail.com) and this UK site had a comment:

"I placed an advert on Autotrader and have received 3 fraudulent email replies asking me for Paypal details. Then the fraudster says he’s transferred the money and an agent will pick up the car however the agent requires an £800 fee upfront which I need to transfer via Western Union…it’s utter rubbish!
Fraudsters email addresses are:
mercyj11@gmail.com – Mercy abu
xujioubruce04@gmail.com – Jessica Weston
willliambrightt@gmail.com – William Bright
Burn them!"

High Wycombe: Fraudster trying to scam me from autotrader ad | Find The Scams

Different numbers but names were the same. No surprise that emails stopped after my request for cash. From all inquires I had regarding my trailer I had only one fraudulent one from Jessica or xujioubruce or whatever there name is.

George.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #20

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
This is funny, when I advertise on RVTrader or Craig's List, I received sexually explicit solicitations, some even with pictures. Who figures how they get your email's??
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita