FL 2010 Eggcamper 17K in upgrades. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Eggcamper
Florida
2010 Eggcamper 17K in upgrades.

June 15th , 2012.....

This ULTIMATE EGG with 3K honda EU3000si generator, custom paint , all powered levelers, solar panel, sat dish, upgraded 8,000 BTU A/C, up graded power center, cutom built entertainment center/cabinet(surround sound, 32" flat panel, Blu Ray,UPS, custom marine matress, alloy wheels, omin directional HD TV, and more....

The comfort of a 40 FTer, in a small foot print.

Is now listed on Ebay... just search Eggcamper... the only used one on the market, and there is a waiting list for new ones.. and a fairly bare one is $19K out the door... see complete pictures on ebay!

Its wider, it has more interior height than the competiton and its better built, all fiberglasss inside and out.. no stick furniture..

GEN has aorund 50 hours, 3,000 miles on units.. the cutom paint job was $4500, metalic red inferno pearl... with gold and silver metalic stripes..

Can be towed by a car, crossover... weight bare 1900 pounds as equiped under 2300. Very areodynamic, min air drag... Turns on a dime ....

Located Cape Coral Florida...

2010 EggCamper Loaded, better than NEW, over 17K in upgrades! 2010 EggCamper Loaded, better than NEW, over 17K in upgrades! | eBay
Old 06-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #2

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Can't find it. Got a link?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
here you go
2010 EggCamper Loaded, better than NEW, over 17K in upgrades! 2010 EggCamper Loaded, better than NEW, over 17K in upgrades! | eBay

a little too personalized for my taste...
Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #4

Florida
Your EBAY Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A View Post
Can't find it. Got a link?

Item# 330746455840
Old 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #5

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
Personally, I like white eggcampers. $4500 for red paint...a mystery.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Another Florida egg showing a lot of flavor in their style
Attached Thumbnails
fl1.jpg   fl2.jpg  

Old 06-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
looks like Easter came later this year!!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #8

Florida
[QUOTE=jenbooks;315027]Personally, I like white eggcampers. $4500 for red paint...a mystery.[
/QUOTE]

I like white too... but imagine a world of just all white cars, for the rest of your life?

A bit boring.... and we all would be trying to get into the wrong car all the time...LOL,

Do we all go with white houses, or all the same design and interiors even with the same floor plan.. seems sort of regimenting,,like in China under MAO , you could have only one color of coat and in one style or in Soviet Union 50 years ago, all shoes were brown.... The idea was that one style one color was cheaper and more practical(of course no reason to buy a second of anything)... but not much fun nor creative and why we were the inovators!

And its not just red paint, its metalic pearl red paint.. did not ever expect to get money back on that. But I can tell you , I have people pulling up to my house to take a look at it because of the paint.

How did that Henry Ford model T that you could get in any color as long as it was Black workout in the end? The competiton began to kill him, and FORD went with colors/options and etc..

If I had a yellow tow vehicle, I would have thought about painting it yellow(would have been much cheaper) and thats no yoke!

Everyone is customizing the inside and I would imagine the outside is the next step...lol

Regards
Old 06-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #9

Florida
Rugged Individualism

In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Another Florida egg showing a lot of flavor in their style
Now that what I call some of that famous American individualism!

You may not like it, thats fine... but you will remember it anyway!

Different strokes for different fokes.

Regards
Old 06-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #10

Pennsylvania
Registry
Model T's came in colors, as long as it was black. Sold millions...
Old 06-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #11

Florida
Model T

Yep thats true, sold a lot until there was competition.. Sales began to plument as other MFGs came out with colors, options and newer features, such as Chevy.

FORD literally had to close down for a model year and retool his business, and when he corrected and reopened with a new model/colors, he was #2 and stayed there for the next almost 100 years....

The lesson is, even if one size fits all.. buyers will prefere ultimately more choice...

Regards and have a great day!...
Old 06-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #12

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Do you keep the Honda generator on the front of the frame. I could not tell from the photo. I was wondering since it weighs 78 pounds dry. I don't know what the total weight would be with gas and oil. I agree color and expression are wonderful. I have read the China book wild swans. Good job scarab!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Sviper---it's gorgeous! Of course, I may be biased ---- look at mine!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #14

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Do you keep the Honda generator on the front of the frame. I could not tell from the photo. I was wondering since it weighs 78 pounds dry. I don't know what the total weight would be with gas and oil. I agree color and expression are wonderful. I have read the China book wild swans. Good job scarab!

Actually the Honda EU3000IS weighs almost 130+lbs, I believe and has electric start/and manual. Eggcamper tested/mounted one, made the mount for mine, and yes It is at the front on trailer frame, where all GENs for EGGs are installed.. Note the Dexter torsilastic axiles are 3500Lb rated.

When you actually load up the Egg , most weight is to the rear, and that lightens the front, by the way.

This week end I will post more outside pictures.

The GEN is wired to the inside of the EGG as are the electric rear stabilizers so everything can be done from the inside , just like the big boys... When traveling you can pull in anywhere , Walmart, truck and rest stops, watch 200 channels including many music channels... or DVD movie... pop some popcorn in the Micro wave.. I love roughing it in the great outdoors just like the pioneers going wets....lol!

Regards
Old 06-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #15

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Sviper---it's gorgeous! Of course, I may be biased ---- look at mine!

Pretty, did you lay a golden EGG?
Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #16

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
John, Great looking paint job on your egg, best of luck with your sale also.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #17

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post

Thanks and have a great day!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #18

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
John, interesting camper. My wife noted that FSU and our local little college have similar colors. Some questions:
1. Is the generator included? (I think so.)
2. What wattage is the solar panel charging the battery?
3. Concerning the rear hitch on the bumper, is it welded on? is it above or below the bumper? is the storage rack in the picture included?
4. If you are willing, would you private message me the owner's manual for the customizations?
5. I noticed on ebay you have a reserve. I'm not an ebay expert. Does that just mean someone has to bid more than the $8000 starting price or is the reserve some other number?
6. Do you know what the final weight is after modifications? (my vehicle isn't as big as yours)

Thanks for your time.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #19

Florida
To EricW:

The generator is included.

The Storage tray/bike rack at back is included.

Its a single metal framed solar panel from camping wprld as most of the items( gen, electric tongue,eletrcic rear stabiles-- can lift unit off the ground) .. I believe its 6 watt... It will be in the owners manual that I wrote for the Updates...

The hitch is bolted on, its a Curtis. It is upside down to keep the tray up higher. We tested the rear pumper strenth after adding support with 3 200lb men jumping up and down..... Not the rear stabilzers go across the EGG frame also adding greater strength.

EBAY: 1) on Ebay you get automatic buyer protection upto $50K.

2) the 8k is just a starting bid. There is the BUY IT NOW Price and there is a secret reserve price, that is usally a bit lower than the buy it now price... Winning bids must be over the Reserve price...

The wieght was around 2400Lbs... It has 3500lb Decter axiles.

A regualr size car, small SUV(FJ CRUISER), crossover,, rated at over 2800lb towing capacity should fit the bill. Towing hitch level hieght is 16-18" as I recall. It has a 2" hitch ball requirement and a 7 pin connection.. which 1) controls the lights, the electric brakes and even will charge the house battery, keeping the Frig running while on the move.

The solar cell also tricke charges the house battery. Note however the Honda gen is an inverter GEN, and bat can not be charged within unit.. it charges its interal battery when in operation.. If it does discharge there is a manual starter... easily pulled.

If you need to raise rea end of a car, there are many options such as airbags or airshocks, stiffer springs.. to improve their towing performance at the hitch...

It also includes a Car top rack mounted enclosed cargo carrier, if I can remember where I put the keys, thats shown on top of the hummer.

Regards
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #20

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post

Pls send me a private response, that way I can directly email the Owners manual to you....

I have not sent a private response yet, dont see the option button...

Regards

Tags
eggcamper