Nicole's 1970 Boler Project - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Nicole's 1970 Boler Project

Well call me crazy….5 years ago I bought a 1978 Trillium in excellent condition it just needed new fabric, flooring and new cabinets. I did those with ease and then some and loved this old girl…we sold her to buy a 24 footer Fun Finder and I lost all the FUN and I regretted it ever since. Fast forward 5 years and we own a 150 acre hobby farm with 6 horses, 18 goats a dozen chickens and rabbits a few barn cats and one very happy greyhound. I work part time at the hospital and I run a part time B & B at home. Yet here I was on Facebook when a 1970 White Mouldy Boler shows up for $1500
Immediately I'm in my hubby's face begging him to let me have another So I talk this lady down to $1200 and home we take her. This is the dead of winter so I stuff her in the field and dream big.

I spend many hours in and out of fabric stores dreaming of a colour scheme and pouring endless hours reading forums on here about how this time I am changing the floor plan to suit our needs NOT for resale value.

Here I am today, after many many fights with the man I love about how much money I am willing to spend, and countless naysayers laughing that Ive taken on not only another project but a HUGE one and those that feel that I am a girl and girls don't do those sort of things…lol! Ive ever so gratefully met up with a husband and wife team only 45 mins from where I live (Terrace BC) who are also into renovation of campers/buses on a much larger scale. So when advice is needed I send messages and we exchange pictures. I am currently uploading pictures as we speak…give me a few hours and Ill show you my gem
bbybtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #2

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Can't wait to see what you've done and are going to do! W are redoing our 1979 Scamp right now...so much fun!
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #3

British Columbia
Outside pics

Cant seem to load a bunch at once.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #4

British Columbia
loading pictures

I cannot seems to load one picture much less a bunch. Anyone else had this problem.??

Ive had a very frustrating day…I spent four days cleaning the elephant skin cause most people recommend you keep it. Mine was painted white and then covered in mould. I scrubbed and scrubbed and finally saw results only to have the paint peel a couple of hours ago and find another layer of mould underneath it all…..GRRRR so 4 hours later and a bucket full of paint scrapes I washed the outside of her so I could at least walk away feeling I had accomplished something lol!
Old 06-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #5

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Wife uses ammonia to clean the encilite insulation. open all windows and be careful
Old 06-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #6

Colorado
Registry
I wonder if using a pressure washer might be a good way to go about this? Along with a shop vac to suck up the water...
Old 06-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #7

Colorado
Registry
And pictures...I generally use photobucket and use the links for each picture to post them...
Old 06-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #8

British Columbia
I used the ammonia, thanks for that Zennifer…today I just wasn't happy and the ensolite is now gone lol! turns out it wasn't so hard to pull off! Yay me…what is photo bucket?
Im farm smart not computer smart. In saying that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this forum. Thousands of excellent ideas, information and wonderful people willing to share!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:05 PM   #9

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
There is a 'how to post pictures' tutorial posted around here somewhere...........
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Nicole's 1970 Boler Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
There is a 'how to post pictures' tutorial posted around here somewhere...........
Go to the "Forum News and Announcements" board and look for the sticky thread "Forums 101." Photo instructions are in post #7.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #11

Colorado
Registry
Photobucket.com is basically a place in the Internet to easily upload your photos, and they give you code underneath to copy for sharing on forums. You have to sign up, but it's free.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #12

British Columbia
pictures?

https://www.facebook.com/1970-Boler-...ref=bookmarks#

here is a link to Facebook where I posted pictures, if someone could let me know if this worked. I have poor internet connection where I live, which I think may be the cause of not being able to upload pictures on here.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Nicole, I can see your photos on Facebook just fine. BUT, I'm also a Facebook user. Not everyone is. I hope you get the answers you seek
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #14

British Columbia
Thanks Donna, I made the Facebook page public so you dont have to be a facebook user to see the pictures, just an internet user
Old 06-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #15

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
I tried the link and cannot see the pictures.
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #16

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Making the photos public on Facebook only makes them public to other Facebook users. The general non FB public can't get in :-(
That said, my goodness. You really have yourself a project!

Do we need to worry that the upper cabinets are gone and there is nothing currently supporting the roof? (Anyone?)

This little guy has a lot of potential, and just remember every little thing you do will be improving it. Try not to get overwhelmed!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Tags
boler