Sold my Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2016, 02:04 PM   #1

Name: Martin
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Sold my Boler

Due to an upcoming large scale pre retirement house renovation it looks like my wife and I will be unable to get any use out of our refurbished Boler either this year or next. So we very reluctantly sold it to a very nice couple who live not far from us.

Our grand plan includes a complete exterior renovation including building a new man cave for myself. Next year or soon after a complete interior reno with the focus on the bosses dream kitchen/entertaining area. A family member is the general contractor and we're both pretty hands on people so this will keep the two of us occupied for the foreseeable future.

As much as I loved the Boler I didn't see much point leaving it sitting in he driveway for a couple of years. So I figured someone else will hopefully enjoy it as much as we did.

By the time our house is done we should be rolling into retirement and hopefully can get back into some longer road trips. I'm thinking a 19 or 21 Escape would be ideal.

Anyway, while I haven't been a frequent contributor I just wanted to thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge, photos, opinions etc. I'll still continue to read the posts regularly and travel vicariously through the members here.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #2

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Martin,
I don't know whether to congratulate you on the big changes and home reno project or to extend, my condolences about your Boler... All the same, I hope you enjoy the adventure of a major home reno, and I wanted to tell you I appreciated your various posts. Best of luck.
Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:48 AM   #3

Ontario
Thanks Jay. The Boler will definitely be missed but there is more than enough work at the minute to keep me occupied. Maybe once the house is finished a 17 foot Boler would be a fun project....

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-10-2016, 08:23 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Good morning Martin, your situation is almost identical to mine.

From my experience you are doing the right thing, wish I had sold my 05 Scamp 13 years ago when we too started re-building our retirement home, a lovely old California Ranch house. Due to my day job could only work it on weekends.

ad I had your wisdom, I would have put my Scamp up for sale years ago as we bought our retirement house in 2009. Having gutted the entire house its still not livable but with retirement this September we will work it 7 days a week and plan on moving in by year's end.

In anticipation of retirement with very long coast to coast travel, we ordered an Escape 21, delivery this November.

Never too late so our 05 13ft Scamp is for sale, it's been a garage queen far too long.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #5

Ontario
We hope to have the house done in a few years with some help from our son in law. That will give us about two more working years until retirement. Hopefully enough time to recover some of the $ that will be very quickly flying out of our hands. Our goal is a nice home to spend many years and the ability to hit the road for a few months at a time. But we all know what happens to the best laid plans.....

Old 06-11-2016, 07:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raff View Post
We hope to have the house done in a few years with some help from our son in law. That will give us about two more working years until retirement. Hopefully enough time to recover some of the $ that will be very quickly flying out of our hands. Our goal is a nice home to spend many years and the ability to hit the road for a few months at a time. But we all know what happens to the best laid plans.....

Oh my God Martin, your situation, outlook and plans are almost identical to ours. The only difference is our son in law is in the Air Force and is everywhere in the world but here. Afghanistan was his last mission, he is very high ranking, God Bless my son in law.

Anyway - yes re-building is costly and the money leaves our accounts in drove. Like you we are re-building to have a comfortable retirement home base and yes we too will be travelling in our new Escape for months at a time, even if the house is not quite finished, we will hit the road, come back continue working on it .... repeat the cycle.

Best of luck with your plans, I am confident you will make them come true.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Dumbest thing I ever did was sell our Uhaul. I'm not too bright
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler