2001 Bigfoot 17 owners manual - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2017, 04:17 PM   #1

Name: Greg
Trailer: Bigfoot and Casita Spirit Deluxe
New Mexico
Registry
2001 Bigfoot 17 owners manual

I just returned home with a "new to me" Bigfoot 17CB. it was a one owner trailer with very little use and a fair amount of time in storage or covered. It with the original purchase invoice, has the standard and winter pkg and is wired for AC although none is installed. The original A&E awning frame failed to stay attached at some point( see a topic on this that is active now...must be a somewhat common weakness) so the original owner or a repair shop did a fairly good fiberglass repair job but no gel coat finish.

I have been around, inside under and on top of the trailer and have most of it figured out and have noted some small repairs that need to be made. But I have found a small, 2 inch Valterra blade valve that I can't figure out. It is accessed from an access door on the street side and is under and forward of the bathroom. Can anybody share what this is?
Also is there a source for parts or does Bigffoot have parts for older trailers?....latch for the cover over the battery, mechanism to hold the door open, etc...

Also would anyone have an owners manual or some manual that would ID all the many valves and things I have found, although I think I have figured most of it out.

Greg
Apltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Hi Greg. I can't tell you what the valve you are referencing does, but a photo might help someone to figure out what it does. I have the factory manual for 94 and it covers all trailers and truck campers Bigfoot makes. I would describe the manual as totally useless, worthless, and a complete joke. Lots of Bigfoot owners to share information here on the forum, but the factory manual will never be any help.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #3

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
shower drain....I think

see pic...(I removed the handle of it).....put there in case you accidently fill/overfill gray tank....you find this out "get the bad news" while showering (lowest point in the system)

valve is there to shut off shower drain...less splashing and sloshing of grey water in bath as you drive to the nearest dump station (imagine stopping and going with the whole grey plumbing system full to the brim )

have fun
Attached Thumbnails
winter5.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:22 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: Bigfoot and Casita Spirit Deluxe
New Mexico
Registry
Thanks Franswa

....that's the one. I have to say that after Argosy's and airstream's I am amazed by the "thoughtful" design of the Bigfoot.

Was hopeful that the owner's manual would be more than it is.

As a side note, when I had an R pod, my last trailer, I was duly impressed that one member with much help from others amassed a great list of PDFs and docs into a "build you own owners manual.

Perhaps there is an opportunity here for Bigfoot owners.

Greg
Apltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #5

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Bigfoot Owner's Manual

Apltrez,

The Bigfoot Owner's Manual from the older models is available online, here at FGRV, under the More tab at the top of this page in the Documents Center. I have the original owner's manual as well as the service manual issued with my 1988 Bigfoot and it's the same book, already converted to PDF.

Tags
bigfoot