New Owner of a Play-Mor II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-08-2019, 12:41 AM   #1

Name: Amber
Trailer: Play-Mor II
Arizona
New Owner of a Play-Mor II

Hi, my name is Amber. I have been following this page for years, and finally decided to make the leap. I had to talk my husband into the idea which probably took about 2 years, he is not thrilled, but is humoring me for now. He says this is my mid-life crisis! I then had to wait around patiently until something showed up ready to camp in within my budget in my area. I am 100% brand new to this and have never even slept in a trailer (used to tent camping), let alone towed one. When we picked it up 2 days ago, my husband wouldn’t drive over 25 mph (he thought it was going to tip over - at least it was only 4 miles)! It is a 1986 Play-Mor II, in good condition, but mostly original inside, so it will likely need many repairs / updates over time. I will probably have 5000 questions, so be ready…
Ambaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #2

Name: Don
Trailer: 1975 BIOD Extase
Alberta
Registry
Welcome to the Forum! You'll get lots of good info here. Nice ride!!
trilliumdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #3

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Hi Amber -

That sure is a sweet trailer! Glad you could talk hubby into it. I did the same this summer asked to go see an EggCamper for my birthday (just see it) and well...

After we saw it I really wanted it - so we had to plan a second trip. It was a little over 500 miles from our house and I stuck to back roads mainly - I understand the nerves with towing it first time. Amazing you found one so close to home - that is rare!

I look forward to seeing more of your adventures. Welcome!
Old 09-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Okay, I’ve been patiently waiting to have a PlayMor II fall in my lap for over 11 years, so I’ll be forcing a smile when I say congratulations. I’ve always loved the flat door and especially those two back windows. I’ve even called the manufacturer (less than 200 miles from me) to chat about the history, but no one in the office even knew they had made them!
Lucky girl!
If you find it’s not for you, let me know!!!!
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #5

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyNorthFL View Post
Hi Amber -

That sure is a sweet trailer! Glad you could talk hubby into it. I did the same this summer asked to go see an EggCamper for my birthday (just see it) and well...

After we saw it I really wanted it - so we had to plan a second trip. It was a little over 500 miles from our house and I stuck to back roads mainly - I understand the nerves with towing it first time. Amazing you found one so close to home - that is rare!

I look forward to seeing more of your adventures. Welcome!
Thanks! I was really happy to find it so close to home. We had no idea how to tow, so it had to be here in Tucson or in Phoenix where my sister could go get it. It was really hard to find something in either area that wasn't beyond my budget or gone before I could go check it out!
Old 09-08-2019, 09:44 PM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth C. View Post
Okay, I’ve been patiently waiting to have a PlayMor II fall in my lap for over 11 years, so I’ll be forcing a smile when I say congratulations. I’ve always loved the flat door and especially those two back windows. I’ve even called the manufacturer (less than 200 miles from me) to chat about the history, but no one in the office even knew they had made them!
Lucky girl!
If you find it’s not for you, let me know!!!!
I missed this trailer in May. I was going to check it out, but they sold it that day before I got off work. I was really bummed and kept thinking about it. The person who bought it decided to buy something larger to full time in, so when it showed up for sale again I was really happy. It wasn't super cheap, but she did give a good deal since I was in town and she could just check it off her list right away.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:27 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Congratulations from another PlayMor II owner! Ours is an 85. I noticed you said yours is mostly original but is the teal painted? I thought they all came in the tan/brown like ours. Lets see the inside! Here is a picture of our 85 PlayMor II with our other fiberglass trailer a 71 Boler
Attached Thumbnails
20190603_141726.jpg  
Old 09-09-2019, 07:22 AM   #8

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
Congratulations from another PlayMor II owner! Ours is an 85. I noticed you said yours is mostly original but is the teal painted? I thought they all came in the tan/brown like ours. Lets see the inside! Here is a picture of our 85 PlayMor II with our other fiberglass trailer a 71 Boler
The paint was definitely done by a former owner. It seems to be flaking a little bit, under the paint around the windows, the brown on the window sills is showing where the teal is coming off. I think this trailer has changed hands many times. The 1st guy I almost bought it from in May said he had it for about 3 years, then the woman before me only had it since May. The title is even funky. At one point someone was too lazy to research the make of the trailer, so it says it is a 1993 home built. I don't have any pictures of the inside because we picked it up in the evening and the front window is missing (there is a piece of wood). I was worried about rain, so I put a tarp on it right away, then realized I forgot to take pictures first! I will take pictures once I get the tarp off - I think it is supposed to rain for the next few days though.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #9

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1986 Play-Mor II & Scamp 13' Build date April 2019
Connecticut
Congrats on the purchase. I am in the process on a full restoration. The shell comes off the frame this weekend.
Ask away with any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7352.jpg  
CSiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #10

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSiko View Post
Congrats on the purchase. I am in the process on a full restoration. The shell comes off the frame this weekend.
Ask away with any questions.
Oh, I will! I asked you about the front window before my purchase last week. I'm not 100% sure how to fix it. I may see if anyone in town can fix it without charging an arm and a leg. If not I may need direction. It's nice to see other Play-mor II owners on here, when I was trying to find information back in May, it seemed like there was very little out there.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #11

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1986 Play-Mor II & Scamp 13' Build date April 2019
Connecticut
I will post pictures of my window frame tomorrow so you can see. It wont be hard to replace the plexiglass.
CSiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:27 AM   #12

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Score!! Welcome Amber -- and Bravo on being decisive and going for it!

About two years ago I saw a Scamp 13 on a car lot -- caught it out of the corner of my eye as I was driving by on a Sunday. I did a u-turn and pulled into the lot. The salesman said he wasn't really open, just doing paperwork, but he showed it to me anyway. Fifteen minutes later we were doing the paperwork, and I towed it home, about 6 miles, and I got it for a fantastic price.

If I had gone home to think about it, it would probably would have been snapped up by someone else. Some people nitpick every detail before buying. I just follow my gut, and I've never been burned. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Once I flew 1,000 miles to look at a car, figuring if I bought it I would drive it home (I've done it before). My gut said it had been rode hard and put away wet. I flew home.

Bravo to your husband too, for leaping with you! I envision you both sharing many happy adventures in that cute-as-a-bug Play-Mor.

Harold
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #13

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Harold View Post
Score!! Welcome Amber -- and Bravo on being decisive and going for it!

About two years ago I saw a Scamp 13 on a car lot -- caught it out of the corner of my eye as I was driving by on a Sunday. I did a u-turn and pulled into the lot. The salesman said he wasn't really open, just doing paperwork, but he showed it to me anyway. Fifteen minutes later we were doing the paperwork, and I towed it home, about 6 miles, and I got it for a fantastic price.

If I had gone home to think about it, it would probably would have been snapped up by someone else. Some people nitpick every detail before buying. I just follow my gut, and I've never been burned. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Once I flew 1,000 miles to look at a car, figuring if I bought it I would drive it home (I've done it before). My gut said it had been rode hard and put away wet. I flew home.

Bravo to your husband too, for leaping with you! I envision you both sharing many happy adventures in that cute-as-a-bug Play-Mor.

Harold
I'm happy you got your Scamp that way, I've noticed if you see a good deal on one of these, you better jump on it. Before I had my husbands agreement, I missed out on a few good deals. When I saw this one in my area, I knew I had to jump, it needs a few repairs, but nothing big, so I'm happy with the purchase!

Tags
play-mor