ParkLiner owner in Colorado? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #21

Name: Babs
Trailer: Parkliner
Colorado
Howdy All - It's hard to tell the status of Mike's PL since there has been two interested posters but not word on this since.

However, we have been in contact with the owner of the PL originally posted on the Casita Forum. We are seriously mulling over this unit. They have a solid reason why they are selling it after such a short ownership, it's loaded with options and we have till tomorrow AM to make our committment.

The topic of our decision is do we go for this unit that rolled off the line Nov '12 with possibly the issues of recent discussions on FBRV or wait for the Oct delivery date we were given for a unit that should ?? have new modifications.

We hate to obsess too much and it would be great to have a camper sooner than later, but also, we are not inclined to want to try to rectify unresolved issues ourselves. Yes, the decision is ours to make and we have to do it very soon. Thoughts, comments, encouragement still welcomed.

Lastly, Robin, what is my "Pm" and where do I find it ??
Barbara McQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #22

Colorado
Robin, I got it, "private message" in my email - Duhhhh ;}

Babs
Old 05-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #23

Trailer: 2007 Casita
[QUOTE=Barbara McQ;390577

Lastly, Robin, what is my "Pm" and where do I find it ??[/QUOTE]

PM- Private Message but no worries because you must have got on the sellers post on the Casita forum. (you have been in contact) Anyway a Pm can be located up at the top of the page. Under the, Welcome Barbara.

Just scroll up and you will see Private message, you can click on it and open your Pm's.

As for your dilemma, only you can make that call. But maybe something that will help you with your decision is to break it all down, used versus new.

Is the price of the used, good enough/ discounted enough to make you not wait for new?
Do the options of this particular trailer out weigh the wait for the few new adjustments?
Is the thought of having the trailer in hand for your planned trip out weigh the wait for new?

If yes to these than you have your answer! If no, then wait for the new trailer!

Best of luck in your decision, do let us know what you decide! I know I wasn't any help............ But hopefully food for thought!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's your decision to make, definitely. But IMHO the one thing you can never get back is time. The Parkliner that's for sale on the CasitaForum is ready now. You can camp all summer long and never miss a moment. You wait until October for a new one, how much camping will you get in before the Colorado weather shuts it down?

Best of luck with your decision.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #25

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
I think it's good to have options! I wouldn't try to sway you either way, but will add
some points to consider that may help (maybe?),

It seems like mine is similarly equipped, all options avail at the time plus a few added special requests (sink, LEDs). If I were to order my trailer today based on the 2013 price list, it would cost almost 2K more than the price was in 2012. This one is further discounted 3K, so the savings is not insignificant. You would have a trailer sooner, and a "buffered fund" value of 5K in which you could address items of your choosing. There is a strong value proposition here.

However, peace of mind is Priceless. Priceless. I think you have to mull over your appetite for addressing issues of concern. If it's a matter of principal of having to put money into a new trailer buying the used one addresses that. If it's a question of time, skills, ableness of doing the modifications, it's only a few months wait for a new unit. Which doesn't mean you can't go camping... it just won't be in a Parkliner. Ultimately, it's about the experience of camping, right. You can still have a fun summer in another rented/borrowed unit and the joys of anticipation of your customized unit to your specs very shortly, AND still end up with a Parkliner made for you.

Just a couple of thoughts that came to mind. Best of luck on your decision!
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #26

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
As others have stated... There is no replacing "time"... That said an egg could easily outlast the original owners, so waiting a few months for one with your options / fabrics / tweaks right off the line IMO is worth the wait.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #27

Colorado
Greetings All -

It is a very good morning here in Colorado; snow capped mountains against a clear blue sky and temps reaching into the 70's. Perfect camping weather! And, camping is what we will be doing sooner than later thanks to you good people that have supported our quest for a Parkliner.

As my hubbie and I pondered our options yesterday, Robin's reply came at the right moment. We were discussing the very same scenarios as he put into concise questions and without reservation, our answers to all three were "Yes".

We contacted the owner in Blacksburg, VA and will be headed that way within two weeks to hook-up, or hatch if you will, our very own "egg"! We are elated now and feel we have made a good decision for us, and in no small measure, with the feedback from all that took the time to help us find our way.

Look for postings to continue as our journey unfolds and, Don, we may see you at the gathering near Leadville.

Hope you all are feeling the luv
Babs
Old 05-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #28

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cool beans! Good for you Babs. Now let the short wait begin
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #29

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
Congratulations Babs! Have fun on your camping adventures on your return trip with your Parkliner in tow.
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #30

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Woot, Woot! Congrats! Enjoy the journey!

As for the issues you want to have addressed, there are plenty of good rv repair people in our fine state, so you can easily have the mods done and the crucial repairs taken care of for your trip! Enjoy! Don't forget to take pics!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #31

Name: cynthia
Trailer: currently shopping
Colorado
Thumbs down Parkliner camper

I am looking for a Parkliner camper in Co, UT, N Mexico area.

please contact me here.
Thanks.
cynthia bellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #32

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Wouldn't it be great if Parkliner could lead interested purchasers to Parkliners near them? Sheesh!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:04 PM   #33

Colorado
Hi Cynthia - We live in Colorado and have a Parkliner to sell. If interested please reply here and I will follow up with details.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #34

Colorado
reply re your camper for sale

Yes, interested in additional photos- info- where the camper is etc.
Thanks.
Cynthia Bellini
Old 05-16-2015, 08:17 AM   #35

Colorado
Good Morning Cynthia -

My apology for not responding yesterday but I had another interested party that I was communicating with and wanted to verify if they indeed wanted the Parkliner.
They have another camper that they need to sell first, and this is our situation also.

So are you familiar with Parkliners at all; seen photos or layout? Since you are in Colorado it would be good if you could see the camper first hand. We are not far from Longmont/Loveland area.

Look forward to your reply and we can exchange more details via private messaging if need be.

Babs
Old 05-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #36

Colorado
I am in the mountains near Vail. here is my personal email. kinikia8@gmail.com
Old 05-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #37

Name: Raj
Trailer: Escape Trailer - SOLD
Florida
Hi Barbara,

We are also looking at several fiberglass Trailers to buy one, and are researching Parkliner, Casita & Escape....

When I follow this thread I notice that you bought your Parkliner a couple years back & have it for sale. Your experience with PL may help us & others who are in the market for a FG trailer.

How did you like the PL ?, which features you liked more than others....
What did you think about the axle ?

If you could please share .....

Thanks
disneydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:07 PM   #38

Colorado
Hello Raj,

I would be happy to share why we chose a Parkliner, and it wasn't because we had not checked out other fiberglass brands, but it just had the right features that we were looking for in a small camper. Too, I will share why we are now selling it which has nothing to do with the performance of the camper per se.

It's a wee bit late now so I will reply tomorrow, Monday.

Babs
Old 05-18-2015, 11:38 PM   #39

Colorado
Hi Raj,

We went on a qwest for a fiberglass camper primarily because we wanted a small unit that would allow us to get off the beaten path, the amenities to dry camp and be comfortable for extended trips. The Parkliner fit the bill. The best features for us was the dual batteries and dual propane tanks. Also how well thought out the floorplan and use of space is.

Parkliner was just hitting the market and like most, we wanted to learn all we could about this new kid on the block. In doing so, I discovered fiberglassrv forums and learned and received amazing support! There were a few reports from new owners having an issue with their Parkliners; most were willing or could remedy them theirselves. Some gave us pause and we waffled a bit on making a decision on purchasing a Parkliner.

As it turned out a timely posting of a Parkliner for sale appeared. The unit had rolled off the line in early Nov 2012 and here it was being listed to sell in May 2013. Hmmm?? We are in Colorado and the seller is in Virginia. We contacted them and their reason seemed valid. THIS forum allowed us to air our thoughts and concerns, should we go for it ??? HERE is where fellow "eggsters" really stepped up, played "devil's advocate in some instances and truly helped in enabling us to choose the Parkliner with confidence.

My hubbie drove to VA, had a look, spoke with the owner at length and brought it home. Appearance exceeded our expectations. For a unit being 7' wide and "the box" 12' long it is amazingly roomy. As they say, too many features to list here. Check out their web site, you will be surprised what this camper has to offer!

As for concerns you mention, we did notice straight away that the tires were rubbing the wheel well and simply replaced them with 185SR14 tires. No problems since nor the axles which we had checked at the same time.

So why are we selling it? We simply want a bed that we can each get up on our own side. Also with the Parkliner being designed to accommodate the 6'2" founder and me being a shorty, the upper cabinets with doors that lift up and do not catch, are a challenge for me. We checked out replacing the hinges and a couple of other possible options but I would still need a small stool.

Parting remark, it will be hard to find a replacement for all the great things and quality that this small camper has to offer. And if you decide a Parkliner might be in your future, we would be happy to pass along any other info we can and answer questions you might still have.

Cheers,
Babs

I hope you find this helpful
Old 05-19-2015, 07:57 AM   #40
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Welcome to the site

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote