OR SOLD Pondering selling our 2013 Parkliner, Oregon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #1

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up SOLD Pondering selling our 2013 Parkliner, Oregon

OK, soooo..... I put "Pondering" because well...we are, but not 100% certain.

Here goes,

The unit is a wonderfully maintained 2013 Parkliner, hull #35 born in April 2013 currently located near Astoria Oregon. Details can be found in our project thread here at the forums, and i'll share a summary in this post. I am posting this to see what interest there might be so late in the 2015 season. We are in no rush to sell, but we only used the Parkliner twice this season out of the dozen adventures as we find ourselves desiring to go further and further off road with our van conversion away from a campground setting (where we park the PL).

The full project thread can be visited in our forums at this link:
"Thom and Cari's Parkliner"

After much discussion/research we will be asking $16,500.

This unit is one of Chandler's favorite builds. In fact when we discussed my desires he stated it was almost exactly how he would build one for himself. How is that? Well... If you have ever watched any documentaries on "Dry Cabin Living", you have close to that in our hull #35. Details after a few pictures:

Here is the rig as set up at a state park on the Oregon Coast:

We will include the free standing Gander Mtn 12' x 12' awning you see pictured above.

The interior layout is:
Rear convertible queen bed/2 or 4 adult magic-table dinette/U shape seating area...

We have added memory foam to most all of the main cushions and have more foam for the remaining ones that will be included. We didn't get around to putting them in the others as we just sat on the main dinette and never made the queen bed. If you have followed our rig set up you know we sleep in the Van Conversion and used the PL as a place to relax, or shower. The only meals cooked inside have been boiling water on an induction plate or butane stove. Which leads into the galley on the curbside:

The 12,000BTU Butane stove stores in a lower cabinet when not needed:

and across the galley is a nice 2 seat dinette that converts into a single bed:

The forward shower/potty-room is elegant and simple:

We chose the option of having a Dometic porta-pottie that can be stored inside a nice lower closet (seen to the left) inside the shower room so you have a nice unencumbered area to shower when you want. We purposely ordered the unit without propane as we have successfully showered with a 12volt operated shower for many seasons and like the simplicity. We will include the shower set up with the rig.

The rig has two 55 amp hour Optima batteries that are optimally (ok it's a pun, but true) charged with an Optima smart charger I installed with Chandler/Optima-Tech blessings and instructions (and also a Xantrex battery monitor) :

A closing thought on the electrical...All interior lighting are LEDs, and it is also pre-wired for roof-solar. There is a nice spot forward of the roof hatch that a panel can be mounted.

On the outside there were a couple custom tweaks:

The first was my request to match the privacy-glassed marine-style window that is stock in the front shower and install another in the galley area so one could cook with the window open during wet weather. This rig is WONDERFUL in rain!! Open any window you want (except the door's) and it can pour all day and not a drop inside. ALSO we have a nice 10 speed fully weatherproof Maxx Fan on the roof. We've run it off/on at the lower settings for hours at a time up to 10 days away and still had power in the battery bank to charge our electronic goodies : )

The other tweak was my addition of an aluminum tongue box which can store things like the BAL single axle leveler and BAL wheel chock (i'll include these also). Here is an exterior shot showing the galley window (just rear of door) and the box:

I will add that our hull has the wheel well mod that was professionally completed (looks BEAUTIFUL!!) by a local boat-works shop. CAD plans were taken from Parkliner's updated version-two of the lower mold and sent to the shop. There are no tire clearance issues with this unit running the installed radial LT tires.

... Sooo.... Who would buy this little unique gem? I see two types of campers:

1) Those who might enjoy being hooked up to electric at a state park and enjoy clean simple cooking on an electric induction plate (we use a Nu-Wave full time in our big rig, and take it with in the PL if electric hookup is available) or similar "stove" and also heat the rig with a small portable low watt heater (we use a 750watt heater from Home Depot).

2) Those who LOVE dry camping / boondocking and want to bring some bling & comforts into camp. Those who already enjoy cooking outside on a Propane or Butane burner (like we do!) and also using simple solutions for room heating if the weather takes a turn. (I will include a 12,000 BTU single burner restaurant-table-side Butane stove and a Butane heater which we have used with proper ventilation to take chill out of air.)

We dry camp. We will fill up the 15 gallon fresh water tank and head out for trips up to 10 days and still have power in the battery bank and water in the tank. If you choose to camp simply...it can be a wonderful adventure!

Please PM me if you have questions comments that you would prefer to keep between us (please only send contact info via PM per the forum rules). Otherwise feel free to post questions/comments. I will do my best to check in each day in the upcoming days...though I do RV full time (in a 40ft + 5th wheel) and WiFi can be iffy at times.

Best wishes on all your adventures!!
Thom ( & Cari )
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
Old 09-27-2015, 11:05 AM   #2

Name: Sally
Trailer: In the market
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
OK, soooo..... I put "Pondering" because well...we are, but not 100% certain.

Here goes,

The unit is a wonderfully maintained 2013 Parkliner, hull #35 born in April 2013 currently located near Astoria Oregon. Details can be found in our project thread here at the forums, and i'll share a summary in this post. I am posting this to see what interest there might be so late in the 2015 season. We are in no rush to sell, but we only used the Parkliner twice this season out of the dozen adventures as we find ourselves desiring to go further and further off road with our van conversion away from a campground setting (where we park the PL).

The full project thread can be visited in our forums at this link:
"Thom and Cari's Parkliner"

After much discussion/research we will be asking $16,500.

This unit is one of Chandler's favorite builds. In fact when we discussed my desires he stated it was almost exactly how he would build one for himself. How is that? Well... If you have ever watched any documentaries on "Dry Cabin Living", you have close to that in our hull #35. Details after a few pictures:

Here is the rig as set up at a state park on the Oregon Coast:

We will include the free standing Gander Mtn 12' x 12' awning you see pictured above.

The interior layout is:
Rear convertible queen bed/2 or 4 adult magic-table dinette/U shape seating area...

We have added memory foam to most all of the main cushions and have more foam for the remaining ones that will be included. We didn't get around to putting them in the others as we just sat on the main dinette and never made the queen bed. If you have followed our rig set up you know we sleep in the Van Conversion and used the PL as a place to relax, or shower. The only meals cooked inside have been boiling water on an induction plate or butane stove. Which leads into the galley on the curbside:

The 12,000BTU Butane stove stores in a lower cabinet when not needed:

and across the galley is a nice 2 seat dinette that converts into a single bed:

The forward shower/potty-room is elegant and simple:

We chose the option of having a Dometic porta-pottie that can be stored inside a nice lower closet (seen to the left) inside the shower room so you have a nice unencumbered area to shower when you want. We purposely ordered the unit without propane as we have successfully showered with a 12volt operated shower for many seasons and like the simplicity. We will include the shower set up with the rig.

The rig has two 55 amp hour Optima batteries that are optimally (ok it's a pun, but true) charged with an Optima smart charger I installed with Chandler/Optima-Tech blessings and instructions (and also a Xantrex battery monitor) :

A closing thought on the electrical...All interior lighting are LEDs, and it is also pre-wired for roof-solar. There is a nice spot forward of the roof hatch that a panel can be mounted.

On the outside there were a couple custom tweaks:

The first was my request to match the privacy-glassed marine-style window that is stock in the front shower and install another in the galley area so one could cook with the window open during wet weather. This rig is WONDERFUL in rain!! Open any window you want (except the door's) and it can pour all day and not a drop inside. ALSO we have a nice 10 speed fully weatherproof Maxx Fan on the roof. We've run it off/on at the lower settings for hours at a time up to 10 days away and still had power in the battery bank to charge our electronic goodies : )

The other tweak was my addition of an aluminum tongue box which can store things like the BAL single axle leveler and BAL wheel chock (i'll include these also). Here is an exterior shot showing the galley window (just rear of door) and the box:

I will add that our hull has the wheel well mod that was professionally completed (looks BEAUTIFUL!!) by a local boat-works shop. CAD plans were taken from Parkliner's updated version-two of the lower mold and sent to the shop. There are no tire clearance issues with this unit running the installed radial LT tires.

... Sooo.... Who would buy this little unique gem? I see two types of campers:

1) Those who might enjoy being hooked up to electric at a state park and enjoy clean simple cooking on an electric induction plate (we use a Nu-Wave full time in our big rig, and take it with in the PL if electric hookup is available) or similar "stove" and also heat the rig with a small portable low watt heater (we use a 750watt heater from Home Depot).

2) Those who LOVE dry camping / boondocking and want to bring some bling & comforts into camp. Those who already enjoy cooking outside on a Propane or Butane burner (like we do!) and also using simple solutions for room heating if the weather takes a turn. (I will include a 12,000 BTU single burner restaurant-table-side Butane stove and a Butane heater which we have used with proper ventilation to take chill out of air.)

We dry camp. We will fill up the 15 gallon fresh water tank and head out for trips up to 10 days and still have power in the battery bank and water in the tank. If you choose to camp simply...it can be a wonderful adventure!

Please PM me if you have questions comments that you would prefer to keep between us (please only send contact info via PM per the forum rules). Otherwise feel free to post questions/comments. I will do my best to check in each day in the upcoming days...though I do RV full time (in a 40ft + 5th wheel) and WiFi can be iffy at times.

Best wishes on all your adventures!!
Thom ( & Cari )
Hello, ... And just what I am looking for ... Have you sold it or is it still available?

Thanks,
Sally
Old 09-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #3

Colorado
Is it still available?
Old 09-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #4

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally1A View Post
Is it still available?
Hi Sally,
I sent you a reply : )

Thom
Old 09-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #5

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
So this one is basically all electric too! So this answers my question, they really do exist! I have started to look at this model as well as the eggcamper......this one seems a bit cheaper than the 2016 model will be, even buying it new, thanks for sharing. I would love your rig, but you're a little out of my comfort area to pick up
Old 09-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #6

Colorado
Thanks
Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 AM   #7

Name: Julie
Trailer: Scamp 13 '98
Oregon
Will you be at NOG this weekend? We will be attending and would like to see your Parkliner and discuss possible purchase. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #8

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Smile

Greetings,

Yes we will be at the NOG. Space N27. Friday and Saturday nights to Sunday Checkout.
Through all our travels we've not met a nicer group of peeps, that, and it is like 5 miles from where our full time rig is parked at a golf course : )

Thom
Old 10-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #9

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Yes we will be at the NOG. Space N27.
Slight of hand... we are actually in N25. I stopped by the park and visited with several who had arrived. It looks like the park was taken over by Fiberglass!!

What a cute couple:

Old 10-03-2015, 09:11 AM   #10

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
Minnesota
Thom: beautiful trailer. My wife fell in love with it as soon as she saw the photos. I have a feeling that if we lived closer, we would be writing you a check. Love the layout!
Old 10-04-2015, 03:46 PM   #11

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
Thom: beautiful trailer. My wife fell in love with it as soon as she saw the photos. . .Love the layout!
Thank you so much for your kind words!
It certainly has been a labor of luv and patience putting together our current setup.

Here is a shot as we pulled out of Fort Steven's State Park in our home town of Astoria at this weekend's NOG / Northern Oregon Gathering. It was sooooo wonderful meeting so many new faces at the gathering.

Now for the record, Cari and I are not "Brand" people. The setup we have just happens to be a good fit for us and is under continual evolution. We enjoyed talking to all who visited us and had a great time visiting many of the rigs around the camp. I'll be spending some well earned monies on purchasing some of the little gadgets we saw in use by some we visited with.

We also got a kick out of those who asked if it was ok to take pictures of some of the fun little options in the Parkliner like the "Magic Table". Even visited with one Casita owner who had visited our PL two NOGs ago and made a perfect replica of our table !! Yea Buddy.

Thank you to all those who visited us during the NOG and for your kind words on the Parkliner layout/finish. It is so fun to see the expression on those who step inside the little gem for the first time. It truly is one of those; "Honey, this seems bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside!"

Safe travels and best wishes to all.
Thom & Cari
Old 10-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #12

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up : ) Parkliner 35 has a new home...

I am happy to report that Parkliner #35 has found a new home.

I will not state the forum member's name, but rather defer to them to do so if they choose to at some point.

We are very excited that PL 35 is going to a couple that is sooo enthusiastic about owning this little gem.

Thank you to all who communicated their interest and shared their egg-dreams with us over the past couple years we've had her.

Happy Trails,
Thom & Cari
Old 10-06-2015, 09:27 AM   #13

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Best of Luck Thom on your guys new adventures!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #14

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Best of Luck Thom on your guys new adventures!
Thanks so much deryk! It's been a fun time here at this forum. Since we are "NOGgers for life" as Donna put it (we already have reservations for the Spring 2016 NOG event) i'll still be around here at the forums. There's so many fun peeps and great ideas shared !

Happy Trails to you too,
Thom

Tags
parkliner