Is it possible to order an Oliver with a different interior color? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #41

Trailer: Oliver
Texas
Pete

"I bet the grandkids can have some raucous pillow fights in there. "

Not can have but HAVE HAD pillow fights started by ME!
HJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #42

Texas
yhbae,

You commented about the interior, white color and the size of the side dining table. I would encourage you and others dreaming / searching for whatever travel trailer you think you want, to go with the one that has the most positives for you and the fewest negatives. We are all at different places on our journey of life. Rvs can be sold and bought again as our needs and wants change. Tomorrow is gone never again to be visited. We are not promised tomorrow. All we have is today so don't fret away time looking for the perfect rv. That creature does not exist. Just get going and start enjoying the wonderful experiences and friendships that rving brings.
I count my blessings that I have an rv and how much fun I have had so far.
Make the most of where you are in life. Don't let the negatives get in the way.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:01 AM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenH View Post
yhbae,

You commented about the interior, white color and the size of the side dining table. I would encourage you and others dreaming / searching for whatever travel trailer you think you want, to go with the one that has the most positives for you and the fewest negatives. We are all at different places on our journey of life. Rvs can be sold and bought again as our needs and wants change. Tomorrow is gone never again to be visited. We are not promised tomorrow. All we have is today so don't fret away time looking for the perfect rv. That creature does not exist. Just get going and start enjoying the wonderful experiences and friendships that rving brings.
Excellent, excellent explanation!

My thoughts, if not NOW...when? You can always make/save money... but the ONE thing you can never get back is time. Make memories!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #44

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Tomorrow has arrived today.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #45
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenH View Post
yhbae,

Very well said. Another observation is that what works for a person today may not suite them forever as things change. When selling the 17 foot Ollie's we had a lot of people coming out of class A motorhomes. They wanted the freedom a smaller unit provides and not worry about getting out of a parking lot once they pulled in. Now we have some getting the Elite II for something a little bigger. One size nor one brand fills everyone's needs for a lifetime. For some it does. That's why Baskin n Robins has 31 flavors. At least that's what I see.
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #46

Texas
Correction: what I meant to type was. YESTERDAY is gone and I even reread my typing before posting. Glad yall know what I meant.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #47

Name: John
Trailer: shopping
Alabama
With a sewing machine, some colorful fabric, some elastic and some self-stick velcro you could easily create fabric panels to cover those expanses of white fiberglass.
mrprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #48

Name: Karen
Trailer: 1975 1300 Trillium
Michigan
Registry
You are all giving me great ideas for my new, used, Oliver....not sure how I'm going to personalize it yet but I like not having off gassing so for me, the interior works. I like what people are saying about how it's all about getting out there. I also like the idea of a blank canvas to work with. If we lived in a perfect world......I think an off white/cream would be nice. I wonder how hard that would be? At any rate....I'm thrilled.

Karen.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #49

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

I'm a bit late to the posting party...
So my wife and i are dreaming up what we might like to do in ~10 years when we retire. We still believe life_on_wheels (as we are now doing) will be preferred, yet we will most likely wish to move out of our 38ft fiver and go full time adventuring in Van+TT.

THAT said... we started looking at the larger FG trailers as we still think that FG construction in the long run is best. So we were both bummed out when we saw all the wood inside the BigFoot and Escape trailers. . . bummed because we LOVE the white fiberglass interior of our Parkliner over the solid hickory luxury of our Mobile Suite fiver. The wood gets boring to us. Sooooo, who knows, there might be an Oliver in our future

Now onto mellowing out the white of the interior? My wife and i did the interior conversion on our van...it was all white metal walls now it is a nice mellow cream covered with the same hull liner material in the Parkliners (we did our conversion 2 years prior to even knowing Parkliner existed. it was just a fun coincidence that our fabric exactly matches our Parkliner's). OK so applying the hull liner fabric is as easy as cleaning the surface and spraying both the wall and the back side of the hull fabric with 3M 77 adhesive...apply the fabric and it is finished.

Easy stuff.

Cheers,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #50

Name: Karen
Trailer: 1975 1300 Trillium
Michigan
Registry
Hey Thom,
Thanks for your insights. Could you elaborate on your fabric addition ? Ie, what kind of fabric? And do you have additional pics? Thanks Karen
Old 03-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #51

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Hi Karen, here is a link to the product that we were able to find locally...it is quite common in Auto/Custom fabric shops and similar.

72" Marine Hulliner "Sand Beige" You can get it in a few colors such as tan (what we have) or light grey.

The fabric is so easy to work with. My wife did most of the fine trim-work and it looks amazing even up close looking at areas you know have cuts/splices. It just sort of blends together and easily bends around corners and tight spots.

Here are a couple more close ups (and the van build from striped-stock to fun-custom is _here_) :

On this one of the back doors you can see how pliable the fabric is. Cari simply sprayed the door after we put on the reflectix insulation and the carpet back and worked it around the bumps and curves:

and a real close up of the side wall hull liner and the upper marine headliner:

Hope that helps. Bottom line? This fabric is super easy to work with and any novice with some patience will get a nice finish.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #52

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Beautiful job, thanks for the pics and info
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #53
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008 / Jeep Wrangler 2008 Unlimited
Color ?

Noted this effect in a couple of photos that we took recently.
Anders Laurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #54
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008 / Jeep Wrangler 2008 Unlimited
Closer

A closer look, zoomed in.
Anders Laurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #55

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
How purty is that? Must be pickin' up the pinky brown off the countertop. Nice!
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 AM   #56

Trailer: TBD
Ontario
I understand that I may not find the perfect trailer for our needs and I should focus more on the positive side of things but there are few things that are hard to accept. One of those things is the abundance of bright shiny walls inside the RV (from my wife's perspective). She went into an Air Stream in a RV show and lasted 5 secs - she hated that feeling. She likes natural wood colors and beige. Most of the fiberglass trailers have wooden furniture mounted on the walls so there's enough wood to cover up the whites but when I saw the interior picture of the Oliver, it really reminded me of the Air Stream (which I don't mind but she finds it completely unacceptable).

I have a feeling that this will be a show-stopper in our case which is pity because it is class-leading in many other ways.
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #57

Trailer: TBD
Ontario
I actually find Oliver quite nice looking inside...
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #58
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
I actually find Oliver quite nice looking inside...
Thanks for the comments. We are always looking and learning.
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #59

Trailer: shopping
Alabama
outside too. The tour is coming right through Mobile soon, so I finally get to see one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mrprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #60

Name: Barry
Trailer: None Yet
Arizona
Oliver Colors

Came across this thread researching Olivers. Coming from the sailboat business, interior white glass is really not an issue providing it's offset with accents, just look at any production sailboat website, like Beneteau, beautiful interiors. You can also epoxy paint any interior with whatever color you want, it's done on boat exteriors every day.
Oliver have made the first step with their Fiber Granite option as per previous posts, I think it softens the interior a lot, add the right fabric, some warm floors and change out the mirror overhead doors - you've got a really nice interior. It boils down to contemporary vs traditional, I think Oliver is a refreshing option in terms of the interior.
Robert is right on the labor costs of cleaning out the lines, colored gelcoat is not that more expensive, there is a reason why boat manufacturers only offer white interiors.
bcdonaher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver