Upgrading To A Oliver Legacy Elite II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2015, 12:33 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II 23' 6"
New York
Upgrading To A Oliver Legacy Elite II

HI everyone .. Its been over a year since we sold our Casita 17ft. Since that time I have been looking & researching for another trailer that my wife would consider living in for 2 to 3 months in warmer weather away from our upstate home in New York and a pull vehicle that would be comfortable for our 2 cats to be in while we were on the road. I thought we would end up in a Airstream travel Trailer. After my wife saw the Oliver while taking the tour of the Oliver plant last week in Hohenwald TN, we both knew what the next/last trailer purchase would be for us .... we placed an order for april/may of 2015 for the Legacy Elite II 23.5. I will be towing it with a Nissan 2013 HD3500 cargo van we purchased last March. knowing that our next trailer would be much heaver than the Casita, combined with the need for space for our cats to be with us the Nissan worked out perfectly. I just finished customizing the cargo area of the van this past November so the cats could move freely to sleep/eat & use their kitty litter box. Having twin beds installed, both humans and animals are ready to travel. Now just waiting for the phone call to drive back to TN to pick up the Oliver .... John & Gwen Cole.
John Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #2

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
think you'll be happy with it. Mine is almost ready for delivery.

You should expect to talk with them several times though. You need to pick out your colors for various things, and they will send you some progress photos hopefully.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #3

Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
Congrats John. I think you've made a wise decision. We are going from a T@b to the Legacy Elite II which should be ready the first week of March. A long six months. From there we plan to head out for a 1 month trip in ours. Can't wait.

Enjoy!
Rob Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #4

Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Virginia
Like you we were set on getting a Airstream, but after seeing a comment about fiberglass trailers, we found the Oliver web site and now we have a Oliver. Picked it up in November, but have not been able to use it yet. Looking for a shake down weekend in March, maybe to somewhere in Arkansas. We just got a 2014 Dodge Durango, V8 Hemi and tow pkg. Need to put in the brake controller and we are ready to go.

Stan
Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Registry
We are most likely going to join the Oliver family, too. I've looked at the website, read the forum, ordered a brochure and now we're scheduled to tour the factory next week. Can't wait to see our first Oliver, in person ;-)
Marsha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Marsha, can you ask them about the status of the new 18 footer? Wondered if it was near production, Thanks
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:33 PM   #7

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Marsha, can you ask them about the status of the new 18 footer? Wondered if it was near production, Thanks

The 18.5 foot Elite is in production. I was at the factory about 3 weeks ago and there were 3 on the line. They have made some cosmetic changes to the outside and really dressed it up. I don't think the photos on the web site show them as they are actually pics of the original ones. One thing that jumped out at me is a curved piece above each wheel well that keeps the opening from looking so large with the high lift axle. Also there is the double step entry that is available on this unit. Lighting is all LED standard inside and out. This unit will fill the gap for those not wanting or needing the larger Elite II yet still have all the fit and finish of its larger twin.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver