18 degrees and no LP in Casita - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 09:12 PM   #61

Name: K
Trailer: C
Iowa
Sunday morning it is supposed to get down to -2 degrees, this time I'm prepared! Tanks (grey/black) are emptied except for anti-freeze, have several electric heaters, Honda generator, 2x20lb propane tanks, winter sleeping bag, etc. With the windchill it will be -17, so I think I will be staying indoors.
whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #62

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
William, you need to be making notes for the great article you will soon write about how you survived the Terrible Winter of 2015/2016!

Best wishes for you staying warm!

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #63

Name: K
Trailer: C
Iowa
Well the coldest night of the year, I wasn't even my Casita. I came home at 9pm on Saturday, right before it got super cold, and started feeling really weird in my stomach. The underground water lines had already frozen, so there was not water for the toilet. I turned the furnace on full blast, and went over to a friend's house. I ended up lying on their bathroom floor in front of the toilet for the next 18 hours while the stomach virus went through me. I came back to the Casita, and everything is working fine, though the underground fresh-water lines are spotty. I should have filled my freshwater tank (which has never been used yet), in case the ground-water froze. At least then, I could have flushed the toilet. Never in a million years would I have thought the coldest day of the year, I would be completely incapacitated by a stomach virus. Everything is going better now, I can drink liquids, so I should be back to normal in a few days.
whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #64

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
And the adventure continues. lol
Glad you're feeling better.

Walt
Old 02-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #65

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
I have got to ask, what camp ground are you in? We always stay in toms river at surf and stream because they are open year round.
Jason
Old 09-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #66

Name: Tony
Trailer: In the Market
Texas
Cold

Well I'm about 8 months late posting to this article. I went through a divorce a few years ago and lived in an old (paid for) 31 sticky 5th wheel. The one suggestion I didn't see in this thread was leaving the water dripping in the sinks and shower (I was in an RV park with city water). I did all the same things listed above and keeping a little water flowing through the pipes helps.
TCMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita