CA 2016, Oct 20-24: Lake Casitas Fiberglass Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #41

Name: Cathie
Trailer: New owner of a 73 Hunter compact ll
California
Hey I'm in Creekside site #9. Going to try out the total solar set up! You'll recognize me by the headlamp, if I don't figure out the wiring to the existing lights😀If we can request topics for fireside discussions - I'd love to ask advice about fiberglass repair and window leak issues.

I'll be there with my doggie "Cinder"

Cathie
Cathie Sadler-Pare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #42

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ft
Creekside Campers

Along with the Bigfoot we'll be using we have a 1979 Trillium 4500 beached in our back yard. It's our first trailer and we just can't give it up.

Taoward, the guy in the pic, has done quite a bit of epoxy and fiberglass repair on both trailers. He just replaced and re-epoxied all the vents on the Bigfoot roof and has eliminated numerous window leaks and sealed the entire Trillium belly band.

We also have a solar battery charging setup. Tao's ultimate goal is to run the Bigfoot including the air conditioner off the sun but I don't think we're there yet. However, we carry a solar panel to charge the bazillion batteries under our bed!

Check with Tao in Creekside #1...he's always happy to help.
Bonnie Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:37 AM   #43

Name: Gary
Trailer: Casita
California
B29
Gary Brooks
gnbrooks52@gmail.com
Santee. CA
2010, Casita, SD, 16'
619-840-2608
10-20-16
10-24-16
gnbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #44

Name: Kelly
Trailer: In the market
California
Noobie here. What is the protocol for visiting the rally if we are not officially participating? We are starting to consider Casitas, Escapes and maybe Ollies. Is it possible to get a tour of a couple trailers if we stopped by on Saturday afternoon? Currently our interests are in a Casita LD, Escape 17 or 19 and Ollie 19. We are coming from remote Jeep-based camping so these all seem very luxurious to us. We would love to here about and see any of these great TTs.

Thanks in advance,

Kelly
KellyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #45

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Semi official itinerary, open house is from 10:30 to noon on Saturday and people are visiting and around their trailers for the open house. After that is the ice cream social and most of the rally people are out in search of edible goodies at that time and away from their trailers. People are really friendly and very accommodating. If you want to see a bunch of trailers get here a little early and walk through the campground taking a mental note of the trailers you want to see and when the open house starts hit the trailers you are enamored with. If you don't make a plan its very easy to see only one or 2 trailers and get into long discussions and then before you know it everyone's off and running for Ice cream or lunch. Time really flies at one of these rallies. I can't keep pace if it wasn't for my gal keeping me pointing in the right direction.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #46

Name: Kelly
Trailer: In the market
California
Thanks, Steve.
KellyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:30 PM   #47

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Didnt see us on the list:

Alan & Cindy ( puddles the dog)
Arriving Thursday 10/20
Leaving Sunday 10/23
B42
2000 casitas freedom deluxe
2015 tacoma pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #48

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
News about Rally?

Hi!
Wolf, Mandy,and I are really looking forward to seeing everyone very soon. I cannot find the newest list on this site, and I have not received an itinerary or anything. I do not know if I have made a mistake or if the information is just not out yet. Any info would be appreciated before we hit the road. Thanks.
Martha Hanisch
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #49

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
Where did you find a new list? I cannot find one.
Martha
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #50

Name: Karen
Trailer: Bigfoot 25
California
Registry
We are in Egret 4 1998 17Ft Casita Spirit Deluxe it's our 3rd rally. Karen Cole, Matt Huffman, Michaela Huffman, Hannah Huffman, Bella and Izzy...looking forward to meeting new members and getting acquainted with ol' friends.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:02 PM   #51

Trailer: Casita 2002 Patriot Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha H View Post
Hi!
Wolf, Mandy,and I are really looking forward to seeing everyone very soon. I cannot find the newest list on this site, and I have not received an itinerary or anything. I do not know if I have made a mistake or if the information is just not out yet. Any info would be appreciated before we hit the road. Thanks.
Martha Hanisch
The following was sent by email back in July. Last attendees list I know of is post #26, also from July.

2016 Fiberglass Rally
October 20-24
Welcome to our 15th Fiberglas Rally @ Lake Casitas
Please print this itinerary and bring it with you !
Thursday-10-20
Ask the camp host (they drive around in the electric go cart)to bring tables to the grassy area under the two big trees. Each year they are more than happy to bring them for our use. Graceously thank them! Bring a disposable table cloth and tape them on.

4pm Happy Hour @ site B15 with Jeannie and Alan
All are welcomed. Bring munchies and BYOB. It will give me a chance to meet, greet and welcome everyone! You might want to bring a chair. Musicians are welcomed too!!! No campfire at this time.
Hugs-Jeannie

FRIDAY-10-21
10:30am-12 Open House/trailers/rigs. Show off your rig and help others learn the tricks of our camping lifestyle.
1pm-2:30 FOR SALE Items/Trade/Free. Bring your no-longer used camping treasures and set up on the big grassy area near the tables. Have fun selling, trading or giving them to other campers.
2:30-3:30 “TIPS & TRICKS” with Frank and Barbara @ site # B4
5:30 WEINER ROAST @ site #_______. Who’s going to build the fire?__________ Bring roasting sticks, hot dogs, buns, plates, condiments, utensils, and a yummy dish to share. Please bring chairs, small table and your own drinks.
6pm Campfire/propane fire @_____
6 pm or so…..TALKING STICK with Frank @ the campfire

Saturday 10-22
10:30-12 noon OPEN HOUSE/trailers/rigs.. Walk around and see who has made changes to their rigs and get to know your neighbors too.
12:30 ICE CREAM POTLUCK at the tables. Please bring toppings at 12:15 and ice cream by 12:30 to the tables. Please help serve and clean up.
This is an Ice Cream POTLUCK. Bring ice cream, frozen yogurt, toppings, fruit of any kind, cookies, cupcakes, candy or anything you’d like as a topping. Bring bowls, spoons, napkins and ice cream serving spoons too.
1PM “Lawn Olympics” with Jackie and Bob on the grassy area. Join us and we’ll bring lawn games, horse shoes, ladder ball, bean bag and checkers for a fun afternoon of socializing and activity.
1-2 PET PARADE Dress up your pet and parade around BASS. Don’t forget the camera!
1-2pm FOR SALE Items on the big grassy area.
2-3pm “TIPS & TRICKS” with Frank and Barbara @ site # B4
5:30 POT LUCK
Bring your favorite dishes to share by 5:25. The bell will ring at 530. Does anyone have a bell? A suggestion was made to put a label with the description on or near your dish to let others know what is in your creation. What a great idea!!!
Campfire/propane fire to follow @__________
At the campfire…..TALKING STICK with Frank.

Sunday 10-23
12 Noon-Potluck luncheon at the tables
Saying our good-byes and making plans for our next campout with new and returning friends!
Please clean up the grassy area and remove table cloths. Let’s leave it in cleaner shape than when we arrived!
Bill McKeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:36 PM   #52

Name: Cathie
Trailer: New owner of a 73 Hunter compact ll
California
Thanks for the itinerary! Sounds like lots of activities!Please don't forget to come by Creekside and or Egret to checkout some of the other rigs! Fiberglass rv's are everywhere!
Cathie Sadler-Pare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #53

Name: Deedee
Trailer: Boler
California
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1476832880.257279.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	100663
Tommytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:48 PM   #54

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2016/17 Escape 19
California
Hi Everyone,

I've let Jim know that I've had to cancel one of my site reservations in Bass (it was for my brother in-law, who owns a Casita). Unfortunately, Jim was unable to find anyone to take it over with such sort notice (who already did not have a site reserved, since there is a fee for cancellations under 72hrs), so I am now posting here to let everyone else know that it is now available.

The reservation was for B-5 for Thursday through Sunday. It should now be available to reserve (hopefully the Lake Casitas reservations website updates automatically).

Thanks, and see you there!

Summer and Jon, B-7
jontravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #55

Name: Kim
Trailer: Uhaul
California
Registry
Changed site

I have moved into the B-5 site for Fri/Sat nights, which means site B-27 is now available. It is a "tent" site, so no hookups. See you all there! Kim
California Bay Area
kkinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #56

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita, 2002 Liberty Deluxe
California
Registry
I got B27! I don't mind dry camping. Saw your rig. Nice paint.
Jim er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:32 PM   #57

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
I had a great time! Thanks Bonnie, Taoward, and Chris B! And everything one else too!
sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #58

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
I'mmm back

I "heard it through the grapevine" the 2016 Rally went as smooth as it could be!

My sincere thanks to Jim J for all the work he did on keeping the lists of folks, emails, phone numbers in case of emergencies, rigs, and dates folks attended. Jim you are awesome!!!

Many thanks to Jeannie. I wasn't there but I know how she operates, always with a smile and loves to welcome folks into the group! Jeannie we love you and thank you for your smiling face!

Barbara & Frank shared all their newest and best of the best gadgets and I'm sure the industry should comp you two! You are loved too because I know you put your heart into what you share with everyone!

Since I wasn't a fly on the wall I'd love to hear from those of you that contributed to the Rally...how and what you did. This way I can thank you too!

I'll never do this again...miss this Rally! I know you guys had fun and I wish I could have shared with you.

See you in Quartzsite???? I hope so. I'll be there!
Paula
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #59

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Did anyone post any pictures of the rally anywhere? CasitaForum or Facebook? I wanna see!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #60

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
We had a great time at the rally. I am so Glad it's now off of Halloween weekend. Thank You for keeping it off for next year too. Supporting the halloween tradition for the kids is very important to me. It's the time in life where everyone is treated equally whether rich or poor, no segregation or race issues it's all about giving and inclusion instead of division. The tradition is fading and I for one thinks it is truly a great loss.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, rally