Proper Decal Font for 1971 Boler? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #1

Name: Michaela
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
Proper Decal Font for 1971 Boler?

Hi all - we just bought a 1971 Boler and are in the process of renovating. I am looking to replace our decal, a past owner put a vinyl decal but it is not in Boler font. I have found some decals, but I am wondering which font is right for the year?? I know some Boler's have the actual metal name plate, but not sure if those came earlier or later. Any ideas would be great, I have had no luck so far trying to figure this out.
Michaela and Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Boler, like so many other companies, didn't use a commercial font. There's some info in the Document Center that may help you: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Boler

The closest font I've ever found is Dax Pro Wide Extra Bold, available at My Fonts: https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/fontfo...de-extra-bold/

Name:   DaxPro.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  15.1 KB

Maybe someone has found something better...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
The metal plate was used on early Bolers. I think it was in the mid 70's that they went to the decal. It is your camper and so you can do what ever you like. Attached you will find a pic of the metal boler plate and a PDF (Hope it attaches) of the decals that you can take to a sign maker.

Rick

[ATTACH]BolerLogoArt.pdf[/ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela and Bryce View Post
Hi all - we just bought a 1971 Boler and are in the process of renovating. I am looking to replace our decal, a past owner put a vinyl decal but it is not in Boler font. I have found some decals, but I am wondering which font is right for the year?? I know some Boler's have the actual metal name plate, but not sure if those came earlier or later. Any ideas would be great, I have had no luck so far trying to figure this out.
Attached Images

Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:20 AM   #4

FYI, Rick attached the same PDF that I referenced in the Document Center. Nice to see it available!
Old 10-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #5

Registry
I want to take the upper one with the maple leaf and blow it up big enough and put it on my front window rock guard.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
I can try doing a trace on the logo to see if I can make it cuttable, if anyone is interested. Is the leaf red in the original, or is it all black?
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPete View Post
I can try doing a trace on the logo to see if I can make it cuttable, if anyone is interested. Is the leaf red in the original, or is it all black?
Kevin, you don't need to do a trace of the logo, it's provided in the PDF Rick provided and to the link I put in my other post.... The maple leaf is in the PDF also.
Attached Thumbnails
bolerlogo.jpg  
Old 10-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
Donna, the logo needs a clean outline to be cuttable, I already did a trace and cleanup, it seems like it would cut fine now, but I'll make a test to make sure. The PDF is a bunch of paths, my cutter treats each one as something to cut, I have to convert the file so there is one vector outline for each shape. Once I have a good file, I can make it any size and cut it in any material I want.

Was wondering what color the maple leaf is on the original decals, might look better in red, with black or other color text.
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #9

Yes Kevin, I too know the difference between vector and raster
Old 10-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:

Was wondering what color the maple leaf is on the original decals, might look better in red, with black or other color text.
well I am not sure the early trailers in the 70's had the maple leaf in the logo but if you go to the Documents center and down load the the owners manual for 1980 you will see the logo used on that had a red maple leaf - No surprise there! LOL
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #11

Registry
Maple Leaf is Red and the letters are Black.

Rick

Quote:
Donna, the logo needs a clean outline to be cuttable, I already did a trace and cleanup, it seems like it would cut fine now, but I'll make a test to make sure. The PDF is a bunch of paths, my cutter treats each one as something to cut, I have to convert the file so there is one vector outline for each shape. Once I have a good file, I can make it any size and cut it in any material I want.

Tags
boler