Want to visit an Egg - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #1

Name: Sally
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Massachusetts
Want to visit an Egg

We are considering buying one, and would like to see one first without driving to MI. We are in the Boston area.

Thank you
Sally
Sallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We live in Hampton, NH, at the seashore, We own a Scamp 16 and would be happy to show it to you. If you'd like to see it send me a PM by clicking on Honda03842.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #3

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...aps-61844.html

check out the Google map link from that post. Shows one rally this weekend in Wainfleet Ontario which is much closer than Mich. (unless you meant factory in Minnesota ) Mid Aug there is a rally in New York that would be even closer.

Threads on those upcoming rallies Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) - Fiberglass RV

Nice thing about going to a rally is the chance to check out different models, floor plans and brands. Visit with multiple owners seeing how they make their camper work for them or what they modified to improve their use.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #4

Massachusetts
Sorry, I am new to this and wasn't clear. We would like to see an EggCamper. I know a Scamp is a type of egg, but it's too short inside for my tall husband. We've seen them at fairs, etc. and they just don't make it for tall people. The EggCamper is 6' 7" tall inside.

But thank you so much for the offer!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Hopefully someone nearer to you has an Eggcamper that you could see. If no one here chimes in with one, you might give the factory a call. Jim Palmer probably can tell you who owns one over your way. Egg owners are usually more than happy to show off their trailers.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #6

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Sally,

I'm not sure what height you actually need or the tow weight that you can handle.

Maybe the Parkliner, made down in NC, might be a candidate for you?

Parkliner (this is the one with maybe the second most headroom?)

http://www.parkliner.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ParkLiner/164971296894584
  • Interior Length: 12′
  • Interior Height: 6′ 5″
  • Interior Width: 6′ 10″
Just a thought .....

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #7

Massachusetts
Parkliner vs. Eggcamper

We were actually considering both of these units. The Parkliner has a slightly larger bed. However, once we saw all of the complaints for them with the BBB, we crossed them off our list. I don't need those kinds of problems! Too bad, because they look nice.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #8

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallye View Post
We were actually considering both of these units. The Parkliner has a slightly larger bed. However, once we saw all of the complaints for them with the BBB, we crossed them off our list. I don't need those kinds of problems! Too bad, because they look nice.
Most of those BBB problems have been addressed with the addition of an experienced businessman to their staff earlier this year. Tom Bass has turned things around at ParkLiner. We sure love ours!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #9

Massachusetts
Well maybe. . . . . .

They might have turned things around, but I can't tell from here and the BBB has Parkliner currently rated "F". It's just not worth the risk, IMO. EggCamper on the other hand, has never had a BBB report on it from what I can tell.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #10

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallye View Post
They might have turned things around, but I can't tell from here and the BBB has Parkliner currently rated "F". It's just not worth the risk, IMO. EggCamper on the other hand, has never had a BBB report on it from what I can tell.
No problem with me. We love our ParkLiner, very high quality construction and tows like a dream.

Best of luck to ya.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #11

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Oh yes EggCamper is in Michigan. Each of those rallies closer to you than MI will probably have a thread where people attending chime in with I'll be there on lot such and such. Often there will be a post that is edited and updated with a list of people and what type of camper they are coming in.

Browse the threads for those two rallies or any others that may have been in your area and you may find an EggCamper listed and can PM the owner directly. Many people attend a rally that is in their region so you may find someone listed as attending a rally with an EggCamper that is coming from your area.

I checked out one at the Algonac rally it was very nice. It was all electric which does not suite my boondock style of camping but nice camper.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #12

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
We have a generator mounted on the tongue of our Eggcamper plus a solar panel so we can spend a lot of time "off the grid". Wish we were closer to you but we are in Minnesota.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #13

Massachusetts
Cute unit!

I wish you were closer too! I'd love to see what you did to the inside because the outside is so cool. How do you paint a fiberglass egg?
Old 07-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #14

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
We bought this egg used (it's a 2010) from a guy who liked to spend money. It is an automotive quality, professionally done paint job that cost $4,500. It is really beautiful though. I thought I posted some interior pics on this website. I'll have to look.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #15

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
I posted several interior pics under the topic "how have you improved your Eggcamper" but I can't figure out how to insert a link to it. Maybe you can search for that topic?

Old 07-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #16

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Sally....I'm over in NY st. If your out this way you can take a look at mine. Send me a privet message and we can talk.
Jason
Old 07-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #17

Oklahoma
Here is one for sale in PA. Maybe a quick road trip is in order!
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-65250.html
Old 07-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #18

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Another note on the EggCamper: mine is a bit over 3 years old and has NEVER had a warranty issue. The only trip back to the factory was to have an awning installed. Also, because the factory owner, Jim Palmer, is about 6'4" tall, the trailer is both a bit taller and wider inside, probably designed to accommodate his size. Be aware that they only come as all electric. Because ours gets used year around, the built in electric heater is unable to be useful in cold weather. I had a local rv shop install a propane furnace and cook top. Propane used to be a factory option but not any more.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #19

Massachusetts
Yes, that's why we are interested in the Eggcamper - it's tall inside and I like the layout. I did know that it was all electric, which is OK with me. I talked to Jim over the phone a few days ago and he explained that to me.

I do wish, however, that he would put the total list of what you get on his web page. What's there and what's on the "specs" he sent me don't match exactly. From what he told me it comes with a microwave, for example, but unless I'm blind, I don't see that mentioned in writing.

The picture of the floor plan on his web page shows a 2 burner (electric I suppose) cooktop, but that isn't listed anywhere. Does it come with or not?

The FAQs lists "SUBURBAN GAS APPLIANCES" which is wrong if it's all electric.

So, it's confusing. . . . I suppose actually seeing one won't un-confuse all that, but it will determine whether we like it enough to work to get Jim to document exactly what we'd get and wouldn't get.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #20

Oklahoma
He probably had someone create the website when he first got started, and has not done much to update it since. If he gave you info recently, definitely trust that info over the website. Any doubts, I'm sure he will clarify for you.

Tags
eggcamper