Hi from Europe - my new Niewiadów Predom N126D (Cadet) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #21

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Is your Eurovan gas or diesel?
Old 10-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #22

Name: Per
Trailer: Niewiadów
Västra Götaland
Cindy, has your Eurovan got the VR6 petrol engine? My T4 has got the 5-cyl. TDI diesel. I know VW diesel engines haven't got the best reputation at the moment

This is how we towed the caravan from Sweden to southern Spain this time:

The journey took 13 days. I forgot checking the distance, but it's normally 3,700-4,000 kms (2,300-2,485 miles) one way, depending on what we choose to see on our way. It's the 10th time for the car and the 1st with the caravan, between Sweden and southern Spain. We headed pretty straight to our destination, besides the extra drive we had to make for driving by the two toll bridges that take us from the Scandinavian peninsula to mainland Europe. The balloon on the map points at the Roman bridge in Trier in Germany, close to Luxembourg. Trier is one of the oldest towns in Germany and we wanted pay a visit. We try to drive different ways and visit different places of interest on our way. Furthermore, we avoid going by toll roads, so we've seen lots of villages in France
PerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Yes, we do have V6. We have the last year that they were brought here. Whowever made that decision was nuts. We have had so many people in campground envying us our storage space. However, there are also things about it that make it hard for me. I have Dupuytren's Contracture and the way that VW has you move the seats is extremely painful for me to operate. The new Expedition is much easier for me.

Husband came home from a trip with 2 potential buyers, so it may not be here much longer. We will miss it.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #24

Name: peter
Trailer: cadet
England
Registry
Nice post! - My t4 is 1998 5 cylinder 2.4D, 222315miles on the clock, burns oil at 1L per 1000 miles (less than a t5 lol) and gives 33mpg (28 with cadet) and still going strong!
camperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Wonderful!! I loved the tour of your Cadet! I've always admired Predoms. Thank you so much for sharing the photos
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:24 AM   #26

Västra Götaland
Cindy, I'm sorry to hear that you got Dupuytren's Contracture and having difficulties to move the seat in the Eurovan. There's lots of space in them. We even bring an inflatable kayak with us.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:51 AM   #27

Registry
Thank you. I don't have it as bad yet as some though. None of my fingers has contracted. I have been fighting it with radiation treatments. I have it in my feet too. Since all are sensitive to cold, it is our excuse to stay south in winters when we retire . Probably why you go to Spain, right?

CindyL
Old 10-21-2015, 07:10 AM   #28

Västra Götaland
Cindy, neither me or Ms. are retired yet. The main reason why I'm spending lots of time in Spain is that Ms. is from Spain, and decided to return to Spain 10 years ago after she's been living in London for many years. I also ended up with some health issues shortly after Ms. moved back to Spain. I got problem with my spine with nerves being affected, so I couldn't hold neither a pen or any tools with my fingers. It's much better now and I really don't think about it any longer. There's only a slightly feeling that the pointing and long fingers on my right hand are a bit asleep. Spending many winters in a warmer climate has probably helped.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #29

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Per, great looking caravan!

I spent a month up north in Boden with the Swedish Army many years ago. Had a great time. Good luck with your travels!
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #30

Västra Götaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol and Mike View Post
I spent a month up north in Boden with the Swedish Army many years ago.
Then you've spend more time in the northern part of Sweden then me, but I spent about 10 years with the Swedish Army working as an engineer
Old 10-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #31

Västra Götaland
Guess why my caravan is called n126?

It was built in Poland for being towed by Polski Fiat 126p, which was the most common car in Poland until the fall of the iron-curtain.

jalopnik.com - have-you-ever-owned-a-fiat-126
Old 10-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #32

Registry
I am sorry. If I can help, let me know. I teach about technology for the challenged and spend a lot of time looking for things to help myself. I have trouble holding a pen too. I use this:

CindyL
Old 10-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #33

Västra Götaland
Cindy, it got much better over time. I just need to stay away from cold and humid climate, doing a bit of everything and try to limit the time I spend in front of computers. The later is a bit difficult
Old 10-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #34

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Trails West
Texas
I enjoyed learning about your great camper. My camper is a 1970 Trails West Campster. Happy travels to you!
Cathy in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #35

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerH View Post
Hi,

I would like to introduce myself and my new little fiberglass caravan that I'm going to pick up in a few weeks time. I'm from Sweden, but spend quite a bit of the winter months in southern Spain. My car is a VW T4 Caravelle that I've had for 8-9 years, which has taken me and Ms. through Europe once per year. Ms. has got a flat in Spain and I've got a cottage in Sweden. We try to drive different ways every year for seeing different places. The shortest distance one way is 3,700 kms (2,300 miles), but it tend to be longer The car is an 8-setter that easily can be converted to a temporary camping-car. It's served us well, but the space has become a bit too small since we started to travel with our two cats in a bespoke cat cage during the last two journeys. We've believe a small caravan could suit us well as a complement to our existing camping-car.

Here is a photo of our new little fiberglass caravan:

It's a brand new Niewiadów Predom N126D without an inbuilt fridge. Isn't she beautiful? We already have a compressor cooler-box that we use in our camping-car that we also will use in the caravan. Once the caravan has been picked up from the caravan shop in Holland, it's going to be customized. One or two AGM-batteries will be installed and I might even fix a thin solar panel on top of the roof lid that can be elevated. An electric fan heather and more power plugs will also be installed. If there later on will be a need for a heater that runs on gas, then I'll install a Propex Gas Heatsource HS 2000.

We already got a plate heat exchanger in the car that provides with hot water for showers. Please, visit the following link for more information and photos of our camping-car:
www.vwt4forum.co.uk - My Caravelle as a temporary Camping-Car
:: PerH do u have european contact so others can discuss in bringing this unit back into Canada or better still U be the dealer and sell them here, but I myself prefer the older Models as probably better built.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #36

Västra Götaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:: PerH do u have european contact so others can discuss in bringing this unit back into Canada or better still U be the dealer and sell them here, but I myself prefer the older Models as probably better built.
Stude
Hi Stude,

It probably best to buy the caravans direct from the manufacture in Poland for export to Canada. They will probably not deal with individuals, so one might have to have a company in Canada that could become the dealer for the Canadian market.

Here is a link to the manufacturer in Poland:

niewiadow.pl

If you prefer the older model. Is it a model made before a certain year?
Old 11-10-2015, 01:20 AM   #37

British Columbia
How do I tell what one ZT is verses a Canadian Dollar?

Quote:
Hi Stude,

It probably best to buy the caravans direct from the manufacture in Poland for export to Canada. They will probably not deal with individuals, so one might have to have a company in Canada that could become the dealer for the Canadian market.

Here is a link to the manufacturer in Poland:

niewiadow.pl

If you prefer the older model. Is it a model made before a certain year?
Let me ask u this do you know of any Cadet N126 Trailers from the mid to late 80's is for sale, as I think this is where I can afford one.
Stude
Old 11-10-2015, 05:24 AM   #38

Västra Götaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Let me ask u this do you know of any Cadet N126 Trailers from the mid to late 80's is for sale, as I think this is where I can afford one.
Stude
Here's a link where you can convert Zlotty to Canadian dollars, and many other currencies as well:

XE - The World's Trusted Currency Authority

If I would look for a second-hand Cadet N126 in Europe for export to Canada, then I would start looking in Holland. Camping is huge in Holland and mini-caravans are quite commonly used too. Here's a link where one normally can find second-hand Predom N126 in Holland:

www.marktplaats.nl - Predom

The reason why I didn't buy a second-hand Predom caravan from Holland is that trailers up to 750 kgs total weight are not registered in Holland and the manufacturer in Poland couldn't issue an EU Certificate Of Conformity (CoC) for their caravans before the manufacturer changed ownership, 2-3 years ago. Without registration documentation from Holland or a CoC, it would have been very difficult and costly to get the caravan registered in Sweden, where all trailers have to be registered, regardless of their total weight.

I don't know the cost of shipping from EU to Canada and if there will be any fees and taxes when bringing the caravan into Canada. There's a risk that it might be a bit expensive to bring a cheap caravan from EU to Canada. The advantage to export brand new caravans to Canada is that VAT from European countries doesn't have to be added to the price. Furthermore, the shipping cost will be the same for a new or a second-hand caravan.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:57 AM   #39

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Such a beautiful little caravan, that Predom! You've done an excellent job with your modifications!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #40

British Columbia
Polski

Quote:
Guess why my caravan is called n126?

It was built in Poland for being towed by Polski Fiat 126p, which was the most common car in Poland until the fall of the iron-curtain.

jalopnik.com - have-you-ever-owned-a-fiat-126
:: I have a hard time believing that little kar is towing a 1000#'s behind it light but when has load even harder time.
PerH thankyou for the info, I will over the course of the next few months try and find one here as they did come to Canada and the USA in the mid 80's.
Stude

Tags
cadet