BOLER MYSTERY LEAK - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2017, 11:43 PM   #1

Name: Steven
Trailer: Eco
Washington
Registry
BOLER MYSTERY LEAK

Please help me. I have an old '74 Eco (Boler) and after a rain fall I have quite a bit of water in the rear area of the trailer. I have tested for leaks on ALL windows, vents, rivets... everywhere. I can not figure it out. Any ideas? Suggestions as to where else to look?

Thank you
The freaking leaker
CharmedCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:23 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedCaesar View Post
Please help me. I have an old '74 Eco (Boler) and after a rain fall I have quite a bit of water in the rear area of the trailer. I have tested for leaks on ALL windows, vents, rivets... everywhere. I can not figure it out. Any ideas? Suggestions as to where else to look?
Thank you
The freaking leaker
Not sure how you've checked but... Weep holes in window frames need to be clear if you have them. Some folks have used talc or paper towels taped on the walls to show water trails. If any water is running between the shell and the inside wall covering it may not show up with those tips. You may need to use a hose and start from the bottom and have someone inside watching where you see the water collecting. Small areas at a time to give it time to puddle. Good luck to you.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:53 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Also consider ...

Belly Band Leaks:

Water can seep in through the belly band and collect behind the ensolite. Fix it by sealing the belly band fasteners and gap between the top of the belly band and the FG body, or fix by removing the belly band and sealing the seam and fastener holes then re-attaching the belly band.

Tail Light, Marker Light and License Plate Light Leaks:

Remove fixture, then clean and apply ample butyl tape, then re-attach.

Window Seals:

Can be difficult to track down leaks in the rubber seal around the fixed plexiglass windows in the front and rear of Boler.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:09 AM   #4

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
We had a leak under our cabinets last September and it took me a bit to figure out where it was coming from. First I thought the sink, then the icebox, then the window above the stove. We also checked all of the gas and electric entry points under the front sofa. Turns out I was able to trace it back to a front, drivers side, side marker light. One of the screws used to install it had not been sealed, and the cover to the light had a tiny gap. During an intense rainstorm, water was being driven into that gap, running down behind the marker light and into the camper through the screw hole. i was SHOCKED at how much water it was letting in (literally a puddle that I stepped in). Since we were out camping, I put duct tape over the marker light to stop the rain from getting in and fixed it when we got home. I never occurred to me that that would be an entry point for water.
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #5

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
TV Antenna ?
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
My vote is for weep holes or roof vent
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler