scamp or love bug how do i tell?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #21

Trailer: Scamp
the previos owner replaced the lights and patched the holes the rear lights are after mkt kit lights.
Robert W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Robert when you say patched the holes are referring to just that - only screw holes filled in? are was the fiberglass raised or lowered in the area of the lights?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #23

no there is a sheet metal square patch over were the lights were and the lights are mounted over the patch area. cant say what was there before can you still get rubber gasgets for around the door?? foam was used before that dident work sorry to be such a pain but i see this camper as a jewel in the ruff. and if i can stop the mold inside it will be much better.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #24

Registry
If you take the lights off and look under the sheet metal that may tell you the story as to whether or not you have a Scamp or a Love Bug. If its just hiding the holes from a bit larger light that sat flush then perhaps it really is a Scamp as registered.

The foam stuff around the door is a pain! Replaced mine a number of times until I gave up using it. Scamp sells a D shaped stick on rubber gasket that they dont show on their online store that you need to call the 1-800 and ask for it (Thank Floyd for that big tip!). It works much better and looks better as well. You can buy the same stuff from an Auto parts place but the packages it comes in are usually not long enough to go around the whole door so you need to by two packages. The stuff from Scamp comes long enough to go around the door in one long run and then some so cheaper than buying two packages and wasting a bunch.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #25

what is that number 1800???? thankyou
Old 10-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #26

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert W. View Post
what is that number 1800???? thankyou
Here is the link to the Scamp Parts Store - the 1-800 number is at the top right of the page.

Tags
love bug, scamp