Anchoring a hinge bracket on a Beachcomber B15 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #1

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Beachcomber B15
Alberta
Question Anchoring a hinge bracket on a Beachcomber B15

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Beachcomber B15 trailer. One of the first modifications I'd like to make is to replace the current table post support with a table hinge bracket assembly. This is the one I've ordered:
Table Hinge Bracket Assembly

I'm a little uncertain about how I should go about securing the brackets to the wall in my Beachcomber B15. I'm new to fiberglass trailers and am not sure how these things are constructed. Is there any wood between the trailer shell and the interior paneling? Any recommendations or tips for fixing the bracket assembly to the wall? Should I be looking to buy some special anchors? Should I abandon all hope? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!
RC
rcourtna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #2

Name: Sidney
Trailer: 77 Beachcomber B15
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Ryan: I am in the process of totaly rebuilding a 1977 B15. I have posted numerous pics of the process under the posts "my 1977 B15". Rick N has also done a rebuild on a 1978 TM15 Beachcomber. All these pics should give you a good idea of where the wooden framing is located behind the panel board. I have been considering the same table hinge as you are. For me it will still be possible to reinforce with another board behind where the hinge will fasten. The hinge should only need to support the table and contents weight. When it's turned into a bed, the weight will be on cleats fstened to the edge of the seats.
Hope this helps.

Sid
Squidley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #3

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Talking Hi Ryan

The one good thing about the Beachcomber is it has a centre wooden brace that runs right where you want anchor to.

If you go through the many pictures I posted on Beachcomber the build or Sidneys 77Beachcomber you'll see how the whole trailer is put together.

Go Beachcomber

Rick.
Rick n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #4

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Beachcomber B15
Alberta
Thanks. As soon as it warms up a bit, I'll be giving it a go. The rebuild pictures are very helpful. The back wall, where the hinge system will attach, is angled (comes to a point). So I'm thinking I may have to mount a board along it to make it flat before installing the hinge and hooks.
rcourtna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #5

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
You're welcome

Enjoy your beachcomber Ryan and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Rick n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachcomber