Hard to remove a bathroom in a 13' casita? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard 13 ft
Well, I have an opportunity to get a great buy on a newer casita 13'. But it has a bathroom. And I don't want the bathroom at all, I want the additional sleeping room. How hard would it be to tear out the bathroom and install bunks? Could it be done for say under $500?
Adam S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

How great is this buy?

They'd have to be giving it away, and I'd have to have no other options to buy something else, to justify all of that work!

Not only that, but Casita re-arranges other furniture; not just replacing the front bunks with the bathroom and closet... Don't they put the fridge under the stove when they have front bunks? With a closet next to the door?

So you'd be removing storage since the fridge in the bathroom model is where the closet goes in the no-bathroom model? Or am I confused with Scamp?

If you're looking to buy actual factory bunks, I don't think $500 would be enough. Plus, you'd still have the bathroom window on the side and no window on the front... Plus all the holes to patch from removing plumbing...Tank vents thru the roof...drains thru the floor...

I just keep thinking of all the posts I've read in the past from folks wanting to do the opposite of you.
I would pass on this one.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Not only that, but the bath option in a Casita is very rare, and there are really a lot of folks who'd want that... and it's a LOT of work to remove a bath and return it to a standard model.

You'd be money ahead passing on that one and just finding a standard 13'.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
If the price was right you could buy it and resell it for a profit if it is in really good shape. 13' with bath and shower are rare.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard 13 ft
Thanks all! I wasn't sure if the bathroom was some type of "bolt-in" arrangement or a more permanent installation. I'm definitely passing. It's sort of hard, because I know the deluxe is more 'valuable' than the standard, but it is totally impractical for our situation.

The seller was offering a great condition '95 for $4500 (see http://cosprings.craigslist.org/rvs/1183934124.html )

He said he had several people 'lined up,' so he wasn't too disappointed when i said 'no.'

Also, this model is a little past my comfort range for towing with my '04 subaru forester, especially since i live on the other side of one of the most famously troublesome mountain passes in colorado (red mountain).

The search continues...
Adam S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita