Cadet add-a-room instructions? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #1

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Cadet
Prince Edward Island
Cadet add-a-room instructions?

Hi folks,

My wife and I purchased a Cadet trailer late August of 2010, and it came with the factory add-a-room. However it did not come with any set up instructions or even a diagram for the room. The add-a-room is made of canvas with mesh windows and roll down vinyl windows to cover the mesh, and there are the expected sectional polls and pegs.

We made one attempt to erect the add-a-room but I don't think we had the poles configured properly so we took it down rather than risk damaging it.

Does anyone out there have a copy of the instructions for the add-a-room? Perhaps a diagram? Any help would be appreciated!
P.E. Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Shawn, there are not that many Cadets out there. As for the add a room I think trial and error might be the way you have to go to figure how to set it up. I have assembled ones for a 50's trailer and a 70's trailer without directions. It took laying the poles out and eyeballing what looked like it would work. Both had spring poles that ran from the trailer to the edge of the awning/room.

Hopefully someone will post that has one and can give more information.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Once you get it figured out, be sure to number the poles. Been there done that a couple of times, third time was the charm because we remembered to number the poles. Sloooooow learners!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #4

Prince Edward Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Once you get it figured out, be sure to number the poles. Been there done that a couple of times, third time was the charm because we remembered to number the poles. Sloooooow learners!
That's a good tip, but one of the previous owners (or perhaps the factory) already numbered them. One less thing to do!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #5

Prince Edward Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
Shawn, there are not that many Cadets out there. As for the add a room I think trial and error might be the way you have to go to figure how to set it up. I have assembled ones for a 50's trailer and a 70's trailer without directions. It took laying the poles out and eyeballing what looked like it would work. Both had spring poles that ran from the trailer to the edge of the awning/room.

Hopefully someone will post that has one and can give more information.
Yes, Cadets are almost as "rare as rocking horse poop", and the add-a-room is most likely an even more rare item. But you never know what you can find out if you ask.

Actually I think we had a pretty good idea of which polls go where, however it is more of the details that we need, like what is the best order to assemble the polls and the connector pieces, how the ends of the polls interface with the trailer, etc. As they say the devil is in the details!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:24 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
, so if you need to renumber the pole in the order you use them too. Or maybe that's the way they're already numbered? hummmm

Is there a brand name on the add-a-room? Ya never know, there might be something on the web that will help. Maybe not an exact match, but close enough to get you going.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Do you know the person that you got it from? maybe they can be of help to you. I know of some one over in PEI that had a Cadet last summer with an add a room. Did you by chance buy it from a man named Parris?
Mike and Sarah K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #8

Name: Neil
Ohio
Picture attached

instructions attached Click image for larger version

Name:	20.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	72732
neeken is offline   Reply With Quote