16' 1983 Scamp - total renovation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #1

Name: Gabriella
Trailer: Scamp
New Mexico
Red face 16' 1983 Scamp - total renovation

Hi there,

I've been lurking for a bit and have been impressed by the friendliness of the community here.

My partner and I bought our 83' Scamp in 2017. We were traveling full-time then, both as freelancers. We knew it needed some work, but it was somewhat functional so we tolerated it's flaws.

We've settled now in New Mexico and have some room and time to finally work on it.

And... as appears to be the trend on here: once we started really getting into it, we realized how bad it is under the surface.

We've taken everything out and have started replacing the thoroughly rotted floor. Once we get the floor sorted, we'll start figuring out our next steps.

I'm starting this thread now before we dive back in tomorrow because I imagine we're going to need some input from you more seasoned folks. I appreciate your time, in advance!

The monster in question:
3ll4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #2

Name: Melanie
FL
Hello - how are you replacing the floor? I think I need to do this too in my 1974 Scamp 13.... did you rip out the whole floor at once?
campermelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #3

Name: Gabriella
New Mexico
So sorry for my delay getting back to you. It sat for a long time until we could get to it. We completely ripped it out and are in the process of replacing it with exterior grade plywood. The pieces have been cut to fit, but we need to drill them to the frame now, and fiberglass the shell to the edges. If you think you're going to need to do this, I can send you some threads that were helpful for me.
3ll4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #4

Name: Luke
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
We are in the process of doing this on our 94' Casita. Just pulled out the rotted floor and would love any ideas or threads you referenced.
lukegro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp