Recent Trillium Outback customer service - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2017, 05:29 AM   #21
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Seven years ago we had a similar experience with the other Trillium manufacturer, the one that's no longer in business. It was cheaper to fix what we had than get a lawyer, so that's what we did. Sixty thousand miles later everything we could fix is fixed and we don't notice the cosmetic stuff we couldn't fix. And we throughly enjoy our Trillium.

Poor build quality seems to be a common complaint. While it may be easier to just push stuff out the door in any condition what's missed is the long term effects of that attitude. You are a travelling billboard for their product. And these trailers do draw a crowd. With the Internet, word spreads quickly. On our first outing someone we gave a tour to posted what they saw.

Try not to let the bad ruin your fun. Safe travels, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #22

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Gosh I feel bad for you Darwin thats not ok in any shape or form.
Thanks for posting so that others are aware of your experience and can base their purchasing decisions on both of these buyers experiences.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #23

Name: MIKE
Trailer: CURRENTLY SHOPPING
ON - Ontario
NO REPLY TO EMAIL

I am also very interested in the Outback Trillium so I sent the company an email stating that I was seriously considering purchasing one of their trailers. I was interested in knowing if the modifications I was proposing were feasible or not.
I received no reply and it's been a few months now.

I'd say that's pretty poor customer service.
bealem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:46 PM   #24

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Customer service and reputation was our PRIMARY consideration when we were deciding which trailer to buy. Calls and emails went unanswered to two different companies. The main reason we have the trailer we do was as simple as this: they responded immediately, and answered all our questions.

They also stayed in touch throughout the build process, and the service we've received after the sale has been nothing less than stellar. That's worth way more to me than a few thousand bucks.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #25

Name: MIKE
Trailer: CURRENTLY SHOPPING
ON - Ontario
Happy Customer

I take it you are a happy customer of Escape Industries?
bealem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:31 AM   #26

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bealem View Post
I take it you are a happy customer of Escape Industries?
Well yes, but my point was that customer service and reputation should be big factors when deciding what to buy. In reading some of the stories about Outback Trillium, as a new buyer I would certainly avoid them.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #27

Name: Reade
Trailer: Trillium
manitoba
A Trill would look good on you Ken
Reade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:38 PM   #28

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
[QUOTE=DarMac;628530

Does anyone know of a qualified company (or individual) in British Columbia or Alberta that could have a look at the door for me?

[/QUOTE]

You should send an Email to Escape Trailers in Chilliwack. A few years back he was actually a contract builder for Trillium US for a year so he knows Triliums.
Escape for a number of years was doing repairs on all brands of Fibreglass Trailers but since they have gotten so popular with their Escape builds I am not sure they still do. You may want to send him so photos of the issue that he may give some ideas as to the fix if he can't do it for you.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #29

Arkansas
Registry
Good advice Carol. I think Reace can repair the door, and it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:27 PM   #30

Name: Lamourah
Trailer: Currently shopping
BC
Outback Trillium Trailer

We have had nothing but hassles with this company. Prepaid for an awning plus installation and taxes last Sept. to date we still have not received. Promises of a refund but that did not happen, now taking legal action. Trying to find licensing on this company but there does not seem to be any. So perhaps doing business without a license as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarMac View Post
I am a new member and this is my first post in the forum which unfortunately is in response to some of the recent negative service issues with the Outback Trillium. We recently purchased an Outback Trillium Trailer and had an almost identical customer service experience to what Bruce had.

We orderred our trailer in April 2016 with the understanding that the trailer would be completed by mid August for our move from Calgary to Vancouver Island at the end of August.

Suffice to say the trailer was not ready by the end of August nor was it close to be being done by the the third week in October when we made a special trip driving the 1,000 km from the Island to Calgary.

After a series of emails and telephone calls, much frustration and stress over the course of 4 months, we finally took delivery of our trailer on January 2, 2017 after Joe (owner) had the trailer flat decked out to Vancouver for us to pick up after we paid the drop off fee.

I was very disappointed with the initial inspection of the the trailer after getting it home. The inside was dusty and dirty and there were many minor cosmetic deficiencies in addition to a door that does not appear to have been fabricated correctly. The door does not seal properly as evidenced by the large gap around the bottom of the door.

I can only venture to guess that the poor fit and finish and sloppy workmanship on the inside of the trailer is the result of poor quality control due to a rushed production schedule.

We communicated our dissatisfaction with the trailer to Joe through a series of emails with attached photos and phone calls that went unanswered.

It appears we are now on total ignore. To date we have not had the courtesy of a response to any of our concerns including a request for a copy of the terms of the trailer warranty.

In addition to making a formal complaint with the BBB, I also made it very clear in my last email to Joe that these are warranty issues that he needs to deal with that if he chooses to ignore, will result in further action once the repairs are done by a third party.

We are very frustrated and disappointed with the very poor customer service shown by Outback Trillium Trailers after spending so much money and investing so much time in the purchase of their product.

Which brings me to the last order of business. Some of the best spots on the island are on gravel logging roads and I am very concerned about dust enterring the inside of the trailer through the large gap around the bottom of the door.

Does anyone have any suggestions with regards to replacing or sealing the door or know of any company on Vancouver Island, the lower mainland or interior that might be able to assist with a repair of this type? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Queensbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #31

Name: Al
Trailer: OutBack Trillium Trailer
British Columbia
I Really feel for you.
This is a link to my review of Outback custom Trailer.
OUTBACK Trillium Trailers Review
agcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium