Hi, my name is Karen and Im addicted to bolers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #1

Name: Karen
Trailer: boler
New Jersey
Registry
Hi, my name is Karen and Im addicted to bolers

Hi all,

Well these little cuties are addicting, aren't they? So Ive been looking at small trailers, decided I wanted something vintage and lightweight, and here I am. I bought my little 1981 beauty, Lemon drop , from a woman in Washington State who loved her dearly. I am on the East Coast of the US and you rarely see fiberglass trailers over here. The previous owner removed: propane lines, stove top and range hood (although I still have them) and heat. LD does have new electric and water lines, and a new fridge. I have an electric induction cook top and an electric heater. Although I do most of my cooking outdoors, I am considering a very small microwave for those times when I just want to cozy up inside the trailer with a warm drink or heat something up.

Am considering some type of mod to the vent in the roof, or a fantastic fan. Would love a/c ( it's pretty warm camping on the east coast in the summer) and am considering something portable but havent figured that all out yet... so if any of you have any recommendations that would be wonderful.

I lurked on here for a while before joining, and then making the actual purchase. So I've been reading and trying to learn.

Looking forward to being part of this family.
kvnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #2

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Welcome! We went for years w/o a microwave, didn't know what we were missing. If you have space, go for it.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Welcome Karen, I'm hoping to see you at my Spring Fling in New England Rally this coming May, in New Hampshire. Check it out on the Rally forum and make your reservations as the best sites are being booked NOW.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:45 AM   #4

New Jersey
Registry
Shelby,

Yes, I tend to agree with you. I really do appreciate the convenience of a microwave, so I'll shop around for a small one.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Boler

Karen Unfortunately there isn't a 12 step program for this addiction so, we in the egg community , must cope as best we can. Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #6

New Jersey
Registry
Well, thank goodness for this support group then!!
Old 11-04-2018, 06:29 PM   #7

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hello and welcome to FGRV and Boler ownership! When we redid Peanut (our 16' Amerigo) we went all-electric, no propane, no water. We have a small microwave and cook entire meals in it. We also have a little blue butane cooker for outside if we want to fry things.

We love our Fantastic Vent fan...the customer service is A-1! The fan is good, too.

Happy "making it your own" and happy camping!

BEST

Kathleen

"K"
Old 11-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #8

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnj View Post
Shelby,

Yes, I tend to agree with you. I really do appreciate the convenience of a microwave, so I'll shop around for a small one.
There are still some lower wattage microwaves around. I have one of the 600 watt Sharp Half Pints that came in fun colors. They are very compact in size. But of course lower power means they do take longer to cook items than a higher power microwave. It is pretty easy to figure as it is a ratio of power to time.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #9

Name: Jim
Nova Scotia
Hi Karen,

My wife and I have been addicted since 2002. We have had 3 Bolers of our own, the last one “Eggs-Actly” (a 1973 model) since 2009, and we’ve taken it across Canada (and the US) three times. I modified the Boler to suit our needs, taking out the front bunk assembly and building a small table with two seats, and making the back table a permanent bed. I built upper cupboards fore and aft, and - the main reason for answering you - I installed a small a/c unit in the clothes closet. The unit sits on top of the wheel well and the space we lose is negligible. Another benefit is: no a/c unit on top to reduce clearance! Eggs-Actly has a fantastic fan which I also installed. I replaced the two-burner stove, but since we’ve never used it, I wish I hadn’t. We cook mostly on a hot plate or a BBQ outdoors, and use an electric kettle and toaster.
We also have a 1981 Trillium 5500, 18 feet, which goes South, but this summer, when taking shorter trips, we opted for Eggs-Actly; so much easier to set up. The only thing we miss from the big trailer is the freezer in the fridge, but when towing with the truck we simply take along a bar fridge with freezer!
We admit to being not true campers...but travellers. We like our electricity!
Jim and Edith
myegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler