Good Morning Forum - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #21

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm not sure what the issue here is in regards to "TOO MUCH" information having already being posted, but I can not find any of that information. The website is very vague and "Under construction" and no one mentions any names as to who has additional information, it is almost like a secret club going on. We need disclosure here. particularly if you want to start the bandwagon rolling. Where are the options, prices, reviews, links to these specifics would be helpful, thanks. I have yet to see any thing about leather chairs!

CPAHarley,
Our company is a very small family run operation. We are still in the testing stages, and are keeping most information in house for several reasons. The primary reason is for continuity. Certain aspects of our design are still being situated. We are still changing small details. Our Proto-types do not have the finishing touches required for show. One very obvious change that we have made is the color of the gelcoat. The end product will be a light tan color under the graphics, this is just one of our fine-tunings. I feel it would be counter productive to release pictures and information that is not completely accurate. Also a very real concern is another manufacturer copying our floor plan and our exterior shape.

The website is being updated as we speak and should contain some new information in the coming week. We have only recently decided to make the leather chairs standard equipment. The chairs and couch will be an interchangeable feature, as they take roughly the same space and cost us nearly the same.

@Mike,
We will have an optional "fire place" in place of or in conjunction with our standard heater. It was unsure to us whether or not it would be a popular option. I will post a description and picture of the unit we have for testing later today.
With regards to batteries, this is the reason we crave your ideas! These suggestions truly assist us in our processes.

Nicholas Smoak
Smoakin Concepts
Old 01-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #22

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks for the reply, I look forward to seeing your end product. As far as my ideal trailer, it would have dual 6 or 12v batteries, propane for stove,heat and refer, a refer that is 3 way and at least 3 cuft. A dry bath or wet with a sink. Fantastic vent in ceiling, Dometic european acrylic dual pane windows, at least 3. Small a/c that can operate off 2000watt generator, solar prewired, WaveIII or other minimal 12v use heater. Small dinette or place to eat inside. I do not think a big screen tv in a 16' camper is needed, maybe a 15-19" w/dvd that operates off 12v is perfect. Finally, I like cassette toilets for one reason, they are easily useable in the winter since you can fill them with antifreeze.
A well insulated floor and walls would compliment the windows. With fresh water tank and water lines inside the only other winter need would be 12/120v tank heater on grey tank. The cassette tank is already protected. This should give you the best features of both the defunct T@da trailer, a European 16' rv no longer made by Dutchmen and an Airstream Bambi but better because it is made out of fiberglass, cost 50% less than Airstream and you are seeking input from possible future owners vs dealing with a fortune 500 company that does not listen to their customers. Finally, use of LED's both inside and exterior for minimal battery drain. The majority of small trailer owners boondock or camp off the grid and this would be an ideal setup. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #23

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
If there are orders being placed and test units being evaluated, how come there are no pictures?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #24

Trailer: Aliner
Quote:
We will have an optional "fire place" in place of or in conjunction with our standard heater. It was unsure to us whether or not it would be a popular option. I will post a description and picture of the unit we have for testing later today.
We usually visit Florida for a few weeks in November and March. There have been some very cold nights there in recent years. So we spend long evenings in our camper reading and surfing. A fireplace would be a heavenly way to heat the trailer for us, and we would choose it in lieu of the furnace since we camp mostly in the South.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #25

As far as the cassette toilet, we have one in our Aliner. We MUST dump it every 3-1/2 days due to the small black water capacity. I desperately long for a black water tank like the Casita's 15 gallon tank so we could camp for several days without having to seek out a dump station.

The Aliner also has plastic windows and they require polishing with a scratch remover polish a couple of times a year to keep them clear. I'd rather have glass. But if they are quality windows, that would be a non-issue for me, I think!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #26

Pennsylvania
Registry
Sharon, not to change the thread subject here, but unless you have had both types to compare, I feel the cassette wins. Three days dump is normal because your grey tank will be full. The nice thing with the cassette is it's ability to be used it in the winter and you can dump it in a cg toilet without bothering the stinky slinky. They have their own water supply, which is useable in the winter. Most of the caravans in Europe use them. As far as the windows, the dual pane Dometics you will have no ice or water running down your walls. Unless you scratch them they do not need polishing. They form their own awning, have built in screens and night shades. Single pane glass windows are your biggest source of heat loss in your trailer.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #27

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I'm not too sure I'd want leather seats. Will there be a cloth option? We thought we were really uptown when we got an SUV with leather seats in 2000. But they would freeze us in winter and fry us in summer. I was very happy to go back to cloth seats in my current Highlander.

The fireplace does sound great. Skip the furnace for me. But I was hoping for something that vented the combustion byproducts to the outside. If the fireplace will do that, I'll be happy as a clam in a new shell.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #28

Oklahoma
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I look forward to seeing your end product. As far as my ideal trailer, it would have dual 6 or 12v batteries, propane for stove,heat and refer, a refer that is 3 way and at least 3 cuft. A dry bath or wet with a sink. Fantastic vent in ceiling, Dometic european acrylic dual pane windows, at least 3. Small a/c that can operate off 2000watt generator, solar prewired, WaveIII or other minimal 12v use heater. Small dinette or place to eat inside. I do not think a big screen tv in a 16' camper is needed, maybe a 15-19" w/dvd that operates off 12v is perfect. Finally, I like cassette toilets for one reason, they are easily useable in the winter since you can fill them with antifreeze.
A well insulated floor and walls would compliment the windows. With fresh water tank and water lines inside the only other winter need would be 12/120v tank heater on grey tank. The cassette tank is already protected. This should give you the best features of both the defunct T@da trailer, a European 16' rv no longer made by Dutchmen and an Airstream Bambi but better because it is made out of fiberglass, cost 50% less than Airstream and you are seeking input from possible future owners vs dealing with a fortune 500 company that does not listen to their customers. Finally, use of LED's both inside and exterior for minimal battery drain. The majority of small trailer owners boondock or camp off the grid and this would be an ideal setup. Thanks for listening.
I second the comments about LED lights and about having at least a 3 cubic foot gas/electric fridge... preferably even larger.

I also hope the windows will be large and plentiful. I like to look out at the scenery when sitting in my trailer.

Oh, and one quibble I have with most trailer brands is the sitting height being too high (it's uncomfortable for leg circulation if the feet can't be flat on the floor). I admit, I'm only 5'8" so my legs are shorter than the average guy's. But when you stop and think that half the people in the trailer are women, and women are usually shorter still, I don't know why the seats are set so doggone high.

Well, you said it was ok to give suggestions. I know you can't implement everything, but anyway it's nice to have your ear. And yes, I'd be happy to see a picture of the "fireplace." That does sound very cool... er, hot!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #29

Mike, I'm definitely with you on at least the 3 cf refrigerator with freezer, too. When we take off on two or three week trips, I pack the freezer full of meat, and the refrigerator full of deli items, and it keeps us from running to the grocery store all the time.

And large windows make the camper feel huge and keep me from getting that uncomfortable closed-in feeling.

And ditto on the sitting height. We are both under 5'5". I built our twin beds the same height as the original sofabed, then put 6" mattresses on top of it. The only way we can stand to sit in it now is swing our feet up in the bed and prop our backs against a wall.

That's why the idea of comfortable chairs in the Lil Snoozy sounds so appealing to me!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #30

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDeutsch View Post
If there are orders being placed and test units being evaluated, how come there are no pictures?
@Don,
I have posted recently as to the reasons for no pictures. We do not want to show an unfinished product, some items that are in the prototypes will not be in the finished product. Also the prototypes do not have the finishing touches IE graphics and interior niceties.

@Mike,
You defiantly have my ear. I don't understand why some of these larger manufacturers don't listen to their customers. It doesn't make sense.

One of these pictures is of the "fire place" we are considering as an option. It is 10,000 BTU. I actually have one in my house for an emergency. It uses no power at all and can be either LP or Natural gas. The other picture is one of the chairs we are considering. Most likely we will not have the ottoman shown in this picture, as it takes up too much room.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #31

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Ditto on the larger fridge/freezer. We too would prefer the fireplace for overnighting at Walmarts, flying J's etc and also state/Federal parks with no hookups. It would be great not to worry about having enough battery juice to run a furnace fan. Is the fridge a compressor style like in the Eggcamper? I've read they are colder and use way less juice. Is there going to be a wetbath option? That would be a deal breaker for sure. Is the bed going to be larger than the typical 44-48" found in most eggs? Me and DH are "fluffy" folks. I always thought a removable or drop down upper bunk over the main bed like what used to be found in vintage trailers would be an oustanding option so 2 adults could sleep comfortably. I'm only 5ft so I'd take the upper bunk and let 6ft 275 lb DH have the main bed. We thought about taking an Egg to a boatyard to see if they could install a bunk over the rear dinette but if we could order it from the get go that would be great. One last thing, we need to sleep 4 having 2 kids. I know, we're asking a lot, lol. Probably one reason why we havent taken the plunge yet. So far the Scamp 16 with front bunks/side bath fits the bill excluding the large enough bed which the previously mentioned trip to a boat yard may be in order. Our tow is an 06 Toyota Sienna so we are trying to stay light.

We look forward to pix being posted and will watch intently.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #32

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
What will be the usable cabin size? will it be rounded on sides like our boler or an egg camper? wind drag looks like it could be good? Welcome to FiberglassRv.
Will the nose go out over tongue?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #33

Lil Snoozy, I LOVE the fireplace and chairs.

I also love wet baths, too. So easy to always keep clean and no wasted space.

This is so much fun watching this develop!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #34

Another thought is the air conditioner. I have read on the Fun Finder forums that the air conditioners they use are unbearably noisy in a small trailer.

I have never read a complaint about air conditioner noise in a Casita or Scamp.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #35

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Oh Good point Sharon! If the A/C could be a window style mounted low like the older Scamps/Casitas or the Eggcamper that would be a plus as there would be no wind resitance on top and no bumping heads inside.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #36

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
But if the A/C is on the roof, you can get a heat strip. I've heard lots of people in more mild climates don't use their furnaces, only the heat strip. Guess it's a trade off.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #37

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
But if the A/C is on the roof, you can get a heat strip. I've heard lots of people in more mild climates don't use their furnaces, only the heat strip. Guess it's a trade off.
Heat strips mean ac power and a bigger a/c unit needing a bigger generator, that is why you have a "fireplace" either inside or outside, or a furnace or a plug in heater if hooked up. Plenty of alternatives without the heat strip.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #38

Pennsylvania
Registry
here is a picture of Lil Snoozy from their website- I'm hoping Nicholas will verify this.
Attached Thumbnails
ib_p002_0_8.jpg  
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #39

South Carolina
Quote:
here is a picture of Lil Snoozy from their website- I'm hoping Nicholas will verify this.
I'm sorry for the confusion.
That is NOT our interior but it is very similar. I guess we still have two websites. We had some issues with our original web designer and requested it be taken offline. Since I am no where near a web designer I have no idea how to remove that site. We were worried about this exact problem, I can't tell you how many people have asked us if we are building the T@B. The OFFICIAL website of the LiL Snoozy is www.lilsnoozy.com.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #40

Oklahoma
Nicholas, i don't know if this has been addressed yet... is the Lil Snoozy going to be a single hulled or double hulled unit? What will be your method of attaching cabinets and such to the hull... will you rivet through or what?

When you have your official rollout in February, I assume you will have a finished trailer (or trailers) and the production line will be up and running at that point. Will we then be able to tour your facility and see trailers being built?
Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy