1987 Spacemaster Miti-Lite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #1

Trailer: Spacemaster Michiganti Lite 1987
Hello,

I am the lucky one that bought the SPACEMASTER trailer that was posted in CL this week. I am actually camping in it right now as I type. One of the the campers in this RV park has a internet drop he lets people use, pretty cool.

Anyway, the camper is a neat little critter. The door next to the heater does lead to a small closet, the flooring is removable to get to the wiring and gas connections. The one for sale in Vancouver has cabinets there instead of a closet. It also has a back window which mine does not have.

As far as sleeping 3 people, that would be tight. The vancouver person says three people. The bed is long and wide about a queen, so maybe they meant three in the same bed, TIGHT but possible if you have three little people.

I towed it 2.5 hours and no problems. Tows well. I must say it is a funny and odd little trailer. My wife already seems to like it more than I do which is also odd. But I am glad to say that she does like it. I will use it mainly as my little hunting cabin when I visit hunting buddies at their home. Should be fun.

It does have a 2 way fridge, catalytic heater, sink, screen door and lots of storage space. I am trying to figure out where to put the washer and dryer, microwave, stereo HD big screen TV, and maybe a hot tub. I am open to suggestions but only kind ones. Don't ask me to put the hot tub on the roof, I will not be able to lift the top up, you can see that may be a problem. OK. Thanks for indulging me. See you on the road or maybe the back roads.

Rick

Name:   spacemaster.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  3.5 KB
Rick Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
nice looking trailer, good luck with it
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Thanks for the update, Rick! Keep them coming as you make more observations. You answered many of the questions I had. My biggest one is how hard is it to step into? I have a lovely titanium knee replacement and when I looked at the pics, I wondered how much I would have to bend down as I stepped up? So, how tall is that doorway?

Have fun with it!

Vickie
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Rick, Congrats! And Thank You! ( I was so tempted to buy this one, I just had to keep telling myself I don't need another trailer!) LOL. But glad to see it found a great home, obviously you guys will provide such a rare, cutie the chance to shine again cause you cared enough to search your way to this great forum. Glad to hear your wife is in enjoying it as well! You guys do understand that you embarked on a special journey when you purchased it? It will be the ewwwwww, ahhhhhhhhhh, attention getter of just about any place you camp, park, drive by. Just learn now that you can't be on a time table when camping in "it" cause,as you will find out. People will be drawn to it and so it tends to take you longer to get anywhere. Member's here have even been followed home by people interested in buying one. Having a newer fiberglass, we haven't been followed (maybe cause, the www. Casita and 1-800 number are on our rear, so if they have followed they get info and leave us alone), but been chased down in gas stations, mini marts, campgrounds, stop signs ect. You can tell by the glimmer in their eye and the fact that they have b-lined straight towards you that yet again you will be the abassador of your own little fiberglass travel trailer. Enjoy! Robin
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks for the update, Rick! Keep them coming as you make more observations. You answered many of the questions I had. My biggest one is how hard is it to step into? I have a lovely titanium knee replacement and when I looked at the pics, I wondered how much I would have to bend down as I stepped up? So, how tall is that doorway?

Have fun with it!

Vickie

Hi Vicki,

I am guessing the doorway is about 4.5'tall But the step up is a doozy probably 2 feet. I don't think this would be a good camper for a bad knee or back. Kinda like getting into a teardrop trailer door, but higher off the ground because you have to clear the fiberglass frame which is 6+ inches from the floor. Kinda odd all the way around, but fun anyway.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Rick, Congrats! And Thank You! ( I was so tempted to buy this one, I just had to keep telling myself I don't need another trailer!) LOL. But glad to see it found a great home, obviously you guys will provide such a rare, cutie the chance to shine again cause you cared enough to search your way to this great forum. Glad to hear your wife is in enjoying it as well! You guys do understand that you embarked on a special journey when you purchased it? It will be the ewwwwww, ahhhhhhhhhh, attention getter of just about any place you camp, park, drive by. Just learn now that you can't be on a time table when camping in "it" cause,as you will find out. People will be drawn to it and so it tends to take you longer to get anywhere. Member's here have even been followed home by people interested in buying one. Having a newer fiberglass, we haven't been followed (maybe cause, the www. Casita and 1-800 number are on our rear, so if they have followed they get info and leave us alone), but been chased down in gas stations, mini marts, campgrounds, stop signs ect. You can tell by the glimmer in their eye and the fact that they have b-lined straight towards you that yet again you will be the abassador of your own little fiberglass travel trailer. Enjoy! Robin
Thx Robin. You are right. People have already come up to us and chatted up the little trailer. When we came home and was backing up into the garage (we live in a condo) two ladies down the street hussled right over to ask about it. So even at home as you said, people will talk to you. That was a 20 minute slow down. Whew. But we are safe and sound back in the condo and the little spaceship is back in its cubbie. I think we might call it Spike the Spaceship.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #7

Registry
Thanks Rick---I thought that door might look a little challenging for me!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Rick, Enjoy the journey!
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #10

Registry
That looks really nice!!! Did you have to do alot of cleaning. It is really pristine!

Love the dog, I used to have a dog named Mulligan who looked just like that!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #11

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Very interesting little trailer. I like it because unlike the teardrops you can stand up in yours and cook also.

2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #12

Quote:
That looks really nice!!! Did you have to do alot of cleaning. It is really pristine!

Love the dog, I used to have a dog named Mulligan who looked just like that!

So far the only cleaning I did was to windex the floor and the counters to get off the little bit of dust there was. But it was that pristine. I could not believe it. I had tested out the heater before we left, not that we needed it, just to see how it worked. I just hoped the battery was ok, the prior owner said it was only 5 months old. So I figured it should work. We used the 12v fan in the camper for several hours and it still was fine. I am charging the battery now. We also used the 110 power at the camp site for our computer and internet. This camp site had internet for $5 for the weekend. That was kinda cool for me.

I must admit this is an odd duck sorta camper, but hope to enjoy it and have some fun camping.

I agree it is like a tear drop that you can sit, stand, and cook in. Very efficient design. Also, lots of storage. I am going to start figuring out what to put in there and always have it ready to go. Just add some fresh food and hit the road.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #13

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Rick, that is one totally cool trailer!
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #14

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Very slick. Bed looks to be pretty large, what are measurements on it?
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I would really like to get one of those units. Its way to cool.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Hello,

I am the lucky one that bought the SPACEMASTER trailer that was posted in CL this week. I am actually camping in it right now as I type. One of the the campers in this RV park has a internet drop he lets people use, pretty cool.

Anyway, the camper is a neat little critter. The door next to the heater does lead to a small closet, the flooring is removable to get to the wiring and gas connections. The one for sale in Vancouver has cabinets there instead of a closet. It also has a back window which mine does not have.

As far as sleeping 3 people, that would be tight. The vancouver person says three people. The bed is long and wide about a queen, so maybe they meant three in the same bed, TIGHT but possible if you have three little people.

I towed it 2.5 hours and no problems. Tows well. I must say it is a funny and odd little trailer. My wife already seems to like it more than I do which is also odd. But I am glad to say that she does like it. I will use it mainly as my little hunting cabin when I visit hunting buddies at their home. Should be fun.

It does have a 2 way fridge, catalytic heater, sink, screen door and lots of storage space. I am trying to figure out where to put the washer and dryer, microwave, stereo HD big screen TV, and maybe a hot tub. I am open to suggestions but only kind ones. Don't ask me to put the hot tub on the roof, I will not be able to lift the top up, you can see that may be a problem. OK. Thanks for indulging me. See you on the road or maybe the back roads.

Rick

Attachment 22866

Rick,

You will so enjoy this little trailer. I have for 2 1/2 years. Just be prepared for all the looks it gets as well as the many people that will ask to see it or ask you questions about it.

It looks like not only do we both have good taste in trailers but in vehicles as well. I tow my trailer with a 2001 Toyota Tacoma (silver) as well.

Enjoy your trailer to the fullest.

Angela
Angela Mattice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #17

Name: steve
Trailer: mity-lite
Oregon
Registry
I have a 1988 mity-lite in good shape, Anyone know what there worth? Thanks
rnecksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #18

Name: Coralie
Trailer: Mity Lite Spacemaster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnecksteve View Post
I have a 1988 mity-lite in good shape, Anyone know what there worth? Thanks
We just bought one in June for $3000. Do you have pictures? I may know someone who would be interested.
tatertots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miti-lite