Original Ventura water tank? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Ontario
Original Ventura water tank?

Does anyone know what size the original tank was in a Ventura? Or the approximate dimensions?
Patricia D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
it uses the same tank as the 13' boler. They where made here in Edmonton at Polyrama and they were selling up to a few years ago but the company was sold and the new buyer stopped production.

I would try and find a tank from a tent trailer, as some of them used a tank under their seat and you could do the same in the Ventura.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Boler_tank.pdf (39.4 KB, 17 views)
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #3

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia D. View Post
Does anyone know what size the original tank was in a Ventura? Or the approximate dimensions?
Hello Pat . Saw your post . How is the restoration coming along ? Would love to see pictures , maybe I missed . Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:43 PM   #4

Ontario
Thank you so much David. I am on the fence whether to put in a permanent tank or not but now I know what I am looking for anyway.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #5

Ontario
Hi Pat,
No you haven't missed anything. It is too cold here to work outside on the trailer so everything ground to a halt in October and I am only just getting started again.
Over the winter I did some planning and rethought some things I had done, including the roof. It has some concave areas and slopes down toward the fan. I has pretty well decided that I just had to live with it after a number of unsuccessful fixes. But after thinking about it, I put together 2 homemade teleposts (pics-sorry they are sideways) to gently raise the roof and it has worked, Now I have to rethink (and redo in one case) the interior structures to have them support the nice curve.
On a trip to BC I made a side excursion to West Coast RV Recycling and Sales in Centralia, WA. It was a great place for parts and I could have spent much more time looking around but did come home with some very difficult to find cranks for my jalousie windows and a door, from a truck camper, that fits perfectly in the trailer. This is a big step ahead because I thought I had to make a new door myself. It was well worth the side trip.
I am going to concentrate firstly on finishing the outside since the windows are out. I have to do more patching and sanding and then will prime and paint using Rustoleum Topside paint.
I will start putting occasional updates on my renovation thread once I find it and have some progress to report.
Thanks for your interest Pat and Linda. Nice to think I have a little cheering section out there since my family is quite perplexed with my obsession, I think.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2721.jpg   IMG_2723.jpg  

Old 05-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #6

California
Quote:
Hi Pat,
No you haven't missed anything. It is too cold here to work outside on the trailer so everything ground to a halt in October and I am only just getting started again.
Over the winter I did some planning and rethought some things I had done, including the roof. It has some concave areas and slopes down toward the fan. I has pretty well decided that I just had to live with it after a number of unsuccessful fixes. But after thinking about it, I put together 2 homemade teleposts (pics-sorry they are sideways) to gently raise the roof and it has worked, Now I have to rethink (and redo in one case) the interior structures to have them support the nice curve.
On a trip to BC I made a side excursion to West Coast RV Recycling and Sales in Centralia, WA. It was a great place for parts and I could have spent much more time looking around but did come home with some very difficult to find cranks for my jalousie windows and a door, from a truck camper, that fits perfectly in the trailer. This is a big step ahead because I thought I had to make a new door myself. It was well worth the side trip.
I am going to concentrate firstly on finishing the outside since the windows are out. I have to do more patching and sanding and then will prime and paint using Rustoleum Topside paint.
I will start putting occasional updates on my renovation thread once I find it and have some progress to report.
Thanks for your interest Pat and Linda. Nice to think I have a little cheering section out there since my family is quite perplexed with my obsession, I think.
Hey Pat good to hear your still steaming ahead . Good idea floor to ceiling support . You don't want to have those concaves . Our bathroom is in middle which gives good support to roof . On other side even though have had no problems added a stainless support pole from sink counter to under the cabinets running there . Measured and the span was a bit too long . In the new trailers they add this pole . I grabbed hold of cabinets and they were not as solid as all the other cabinets . Feel better now with more support holding them . Don't want cabinets stressing roof ,going down the road . Didn't forget about you . Hope to see more pictures and progress report as your coming along . Understand about the weather . After years we finally got real cold and rain . Listen take care and don't give up your dream . Pat
Old 05-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Hi Pat,
Hey Pat good to hear your still steaming ahead . Good idea floor to ceiling support . You don't want to have those concaves . Our bathroom is in middle which gives good support to roof . On other side even though have had no problems added a stainless support pole from sink counter to under the cabinets running there . Measured and the span was a bit too long . In the new trailers they add this pole . I grabbed hold of cabinets and they were not as solid as all the other cabinets . Feel better now with more support holding them . Don't want cabinets stressing roof ,going down the road . Didn't forget about you . Hope to see more pictures and progress report as your coming along . Understand about the weather . After years we finally got real cold and rain . Listen take care and don't give up your dream . Pat

Tags
ventura